Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone here had any experience with the Open University?

(Original post by davidmarsh01)
    No but from what I understand it varies in quality between different people... also look at Open University Australia as they are quite good too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    No but from what I understand it varies in quality between different people... also look at Open University Australia as they are quite good too
    Where would the benefit be in using the Australia one instead of the UK one?

Where would the benefit be in using the Australia one instead of the UK one?
    They offer different models and instead of a degree from OUA it is actually the university that offers it in Australia, it is really up to you and what course you want to do.

Open Uni UK and Aus are run by different Unis/Companies and are not interlinkable btw.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I was and still am considering doing my degree with them.

There is a thread about it somewhere and Juno is your woman for OU questions. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    They offer different models and instead of a degree from OUA it is actually the university that offers it in Australia, it is really up to you and what course you want to do.

Open Uni UK and Aus are run by different Unis/Companies and are not interlinkable btw.
    I'm not quite sure I get what you mean in the first sentence, "it is actually the university that offers it in Australia".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    I was and still am considering doing my degree with them.

There is a thread about it somewhere and Juno is your woman for OU questions. :yes:
    I ask because my sponsored degree has me doing a silly HNC which will be a piece of piss, and I might do some maths course with the OU.

I'm not quite sure I get what you mean in the first sentence, "it is actually the university that offers it in Australia".
    Instead of a degree saying Awarded by 'Open University' it says 'RMIT University'... or something like that if I am remember correctly
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I ask because my sponsored degree has me doing a silly HNC which will be a piece of piss, and I might do some maths course with the OU.
    Fair play. Well I know a bit about how it works but not everything. What exactly do you want to know?

ReputationRep:
    Fair play. Well I know a bit about how it works but not everything. What exactly do you want to know?
    I'm not too sure tbh. How does it work in general? Do they send you stuff to learn then you sit an exam on it? Is there anyone you can talk to if you're stuck?

If Maths only just go OU UK it will be simpler

I have been considering a History course from the OU but I am unsure it is wise to do it alongside my International Business BA

I'm not too sure tbh. How does it work in general? Do they send you stuff to learn then you sit an exam on it? Is there anyone you can talk to if you're stuck?
    OU is Distance Learning so they send you everything to do in your own time, if you are stuck you have other students and a lecturer to talk to

You sit an exam at your local college I believe, not sure about that though.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    There is a forum and you get to be in regular contact with a tutor who will help you from what I can gather. Yes they send you the stuff and you send them essays etc when they want them - you register to do the exam in a centre of which there are many scattered about.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I'm teaching myself the Maths and maybe FMaths A levels but I'm hoping to save money by someone donating me the books.

Cough.

I'm going to keep asking until someone does

ReputationRep:
    If Maths only just go OU UK it will be simpler
    What, why? I'm confused now :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I'm teaching myself the Maths and maybe FMaths A levels but I'm hoping to save money by someone donating me the books.

Cough.

I'm going to keep asking until someone does
    I used to have a C3/C4 book and a FP1, 2 and 3 book but I had to hand them back :cool:

What, why? I'm confused now :lol:
    Well you are only doing Maths so forget OUA... just forget it

ReputationRep:
    Well you are only doing Maths so forget OUA... just forget it
    Only doing Maths?! :hmmm:

Only doing Maths?! :hmmm:
    Fine what are you actually intending to do other than Maths (that you said above)?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I used to have a C3/C4 book and a FP1, 2 and 3 book but I had to hand them back :cool:
    Thanks

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.