Turn on thread page Beta
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Wednesday Bass)
    That's nothing, my friend is on a gap yah in Cambodia and saw Ethnic Minority Soup. He also ate dog.
    Dog's nothing. Every Chinese person has eaten that
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    It actually tastes quite good

meaning the soup mix of course... :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Why the hell would someone eat a dog -_-
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Has anyone seen "The man from earth"?

I'm watching it now and it's really interesting. Plus any trek fans will notice someone from the beginning.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Dayne. LOL.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    Why the hell would someone eat a dog -_-
    Interest? Tbh what is the difference between eating one type of animal (say chicken) and another (say dog)?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by DayneD89)
    It actually tastes quite good

meaning the soup mix of course... :ninja:
    No need for extra salt either.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by TheCrackInTime)
    :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    Interest? Tbh what is the difference between eating one type of animal (say chicken) and another (say dog)?
    We haven't culturally appropriated the chicken as a pet.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by TheCrackInTime)
    Just to check, are we still talking about the soup?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Adorno)
    Depends who you know tbh. I have several friends who keep chickens in their back gardens and I think they would consider them to be pets rather than potential food.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Is Dayne chatting up Aaron :lol:

Gay bar. Gay bar.

ReputationRep:
    Depends who you know tbh. I have several friends who keep chickens in their back gardens and I think they would consider them to be pets rather than potential food.
    Individuals don't undermine general rules.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Have you seen The Man from Earth?

If not I recommend it as conceptually very interesting if you look past the annoying x-files music in the background intermittently.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Just to check, are we still talking about the soup?
    Err.... Yeah, of course!

:ninja:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Individuals don't undermine general rules.
    Well, enough individuals do create general rules, but I take the point. Still, the fact that cats and dogs are more usually seen as pets doesn't mean they can't be eaten, just like the fact that most people use chickens as food doesn't mean they can't be used as pets.

ReputationRep:
    Well, enough individuals do create general rules, but I take the point. Still, the fact that cats and dogs are more usually seen as pets doesn't mean they can't be eaten, just like the fact that most people use chickens as food doesn't mean they can't be used as pets.
    Sometimes I wonder if I'm talking to a brick wall. The reason, in western society, we don't generally eat dog meat is that we have culturally appropriated the dog as a pet. This doesn't say anything about the potential to eat dog or that chickens cannot be seen as pets by individuals.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Sometimes I wonder if I'm talking to a brick wall. The reason, in western society, we don't generally eat dog meat is that we have culturally appropriated the dog as a pet. This doesn't say anything about the potential to eat dog or that chickens cannot be seen as pets by individuals.
    I understand the reasons it isn't generaly seen as culturaly acceptable to eat dogs, I'm simply saying that it isn't really logical. There isn't really any good reason for it imo.

Not that I have ever tried it or have really ever wanted to.

ReputationRep:
    Adorno covered it.

Perhaps the fact that we have also used dogs as a way of getting food... i.e. hunting. Why kill a good hunting tool?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    Perhaps the fact that we have also used dogs as a way of getting food... i.e. hunting. Why kill a good hunting tool?
    Yes I would imagine that was the case in generations when a dog was a working animal, generally for protection and hunting. You wouldn't wish to kill what could be your only loyal companion and your most common means of security. There's an argument to be had about the cultural shift and when it took place but this pushes us away from why dogs are not considered to be food.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.