Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Commons Bar Mk IV watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adorno)
    So perhaps you'll be less sarcastic and answer the point.
    Do you have access to the Government sub-forum? :holmes:

(Original post by Teaddict)
    I thought it was pretty funny and accurate to be honest :holmes:
    I just read it and cannot stop loling as it is 100% accurate :rofl:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    There is no question the latest bill....

Be back after pizza ^^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    It wasn't at sarcastic.

It's unacceptable, at the very least the creators should defend it.
    You don't think you as the leader of the TSR Government should defend it?

You may not have written the bill but it was submitted as a Government and not by a member.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    It wasn't at sarcastic.

It's unacceptable, at the very least the creators should defend it.
    It's a government bill, so the government (as in the twerps who parade around with "Secretary of State for xxxx" should defend it as per collective responsibility or not bother putting out government legislation. That's three government bills that have gone out and three times things have been completely ignored. It's not particularly good as a way of increasing activity rates, let alone anything else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    I just read it and cannot stop loling as it is 100% accurate :rofl:
    Glad you appreciate it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ham and Cheese)
    Do you have access to the Government sub-forum? :holmes:
    By the same virtue that every member of every party that joined the coalition has access to it, yes. That doesn't make individual, ordinary members of TSR Parties members of the government though. For the record, I made precisely the same point in the subforum.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-13782645

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I know - I think they are all great... especially the Trigger one.
    Negro, plz. :hand: Don't get me wrong, flattered to be in it but ffs mine's just ****. :pierre:

But lmao at Ham and Cheese's one and how he edited it. :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    Someone has apparently chosen my Uni because they like Rock Climbing

Many things confuse me about this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thunder and Jazz)
    Someone has apparently chosen my Uni because they like Rock Climbing

Many things confuse me about this.
    Why not? Everyone loves a bit of rock climbing.

ReputationRep:
    But choosing your university on that basis? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stricof)
    But choosing your university on that basis? :lolwut:
    Well people don't, normally, go to uni to study so it might as well be. God only knows why anyone would go to Cambridge other than to punt (on the wrong end of the boat n'all).

ReputationRep:
    Well people don't, normally, go to uni to study so it might as well be. God only knows why anyone would go to Cambridge other than to punt (on the wrong end of the boat n'all).
    Ah you pose a fair point. Never mind the course or resources available to you, the teaching staff or the area of the subject you are interested in! Punting is justification enough...oh wait.

ReputationRep:
    Or maybe the Boat race. Yes, maybe that.

EDIT: And maybe a great ambition to become a boatie is a good reason to apply as well.......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stricof)
    Or maybe the Boat race. Yes, maybe that.
    You joke...

ReputationRep:
    By the same virtue that every member of every party that joined the coalition has access to it, yes. That doesn't make individual, ordinary members of TSR Parties members of the government though. For the record, I made precisely the same point in the subforum.
    Why don't you ask to be removed from the Government sub-forum then? You seem to like distancing yourself from the Government and even go to the lengths of ****ging them off. The Government sub-forum is the place where bills are discussed, statements are agreed and questions are raised; if you object to being part of the Government then ask to leave the sub-forum.

Its like wanting to be a rebellious backbencher but then wanting to come to Downing Street and attend Cabinet meetings :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ham and Cheese)
    Why don't you ask to be removed from the Government sub-forum then? You seem to like distancing yourself from the Government and even go to the lengths of ****ging them off. The Government sub-forum is the place where bills are discussed, statements are agreed and questions are raised; if you object to being part of the Government then ask to leave the sub-forum.

Its like wanting to be a rebellious backbencher but then wanting to come to Downing Street and attend Cabinet meetings :rolleyes:
    I raised the question but was too late to get the change done before it went to the speaker. So, in an effort to get the change done, I raised it again in the debate thread. I was ignored. I don't think, in that scenario, it's far fetched to question that.

ReputationRep:
    I raised the question but was too late to get the change done before it went to the speaker. So, in an effort to get the change done, I raised it again in the debate thread. I was ignored. I don't think, in that scenario, it's far fetched to question that.
    You have been grinding on in various threads about how people haven't answered your questions; a quick quote in the sub-forum to the relevant person would have been more appropriate instead of coming into the bar attacking the Government. Even when Paddy mentioned who you are part of the Government, you were quick to distance yourself.

I have no problem with you doing that and be rebellious all you want, but why be in the Government sub-forum?

ReputationRep:
    Why not? Everyone loves a bit of rock climbing.
    I read that as **** rlimbing and spent a while wondering what rlimbing was.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.