Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    **** rlimbing?

Trust you to say that. :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ham and Cheese)
    You have been grinding on in various threads about how people haven't answered your questions; a quick quote in the sub-forum to the relevant person would have been more appropriate instead of coming into the bar attacking the Government. Even when Paddy mentioned who you are part of the Government, you were quick to distance yourself.

I have no problem with you doing that and be rebellious all you want, but why be in the Government sub-forum?
    As I said before, there is no mechanism to "leave" the government forum. However, here's a thought, why don't you call a VONC in my continued membership of the Labour Party eh?

ReputationRep:
    George Osborne is selling Northern Rock :holmes: wondered how long it would be until he did that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adorno)
    As I said before, there is no mechanism to "leave" the government forum.
    I shall bring this up if I see you commenting in the Government sub-forum then

ReputationRep:
    However, here's a thought, why don't you call a VONC in my continued membership of the Labour Party eh?
    Read my last post again about having no problem with you wanting to be like this...silly boy

ReputationRep:
    Silly boy? Talk about being patronising...

ReputationRep:
    Read my last post again about having no problem with you wanting to be like this...silly boy
    No no, you have made an issue of my contribution, as a member of the Labour Party, in bringing the government to account in both their forum and this one. Given that is a privilege of being a member of the Labour Party here, you have but one option: to remove me, by democratic process, from the Labour Party. Either put up, or shut up frankly.

ReputationRep:
    No no, you have made an issue of my contribution, as a member of the Labour Party, in bringing the government to account in both their forum and this one. Given that is a privilege of being a member of the Labour Party here, you have but one option: to remove me, by democratic process, from the Labour Party. Either put up, or shut up frankly.
    I think the phrase put up or shut up should be directed towards you given your criticism of the Government in the last day yet being in the party which belongs to the Government. I have no issue with you being a Labour Party member (read my posts carefully) but I had issue with you ****ging off the Government and distancing yourself but then using the Government sub-forum.

I have no problem with you shouting as a backbencher but my issue was over you wanting to do that but then sit in the Cabinet meetings so to speak

That is all.

ReputationRep:
    I think the phrase put up or shut up should be directed towards you given your criticism of the Government in the last day yet being in the party which belongs to the Government. I have no issue with you being a Labour Party member (read my posts carefully) but I had issue with you ****ging off the Government and distancing yourself but then using the Government sub-forum.

I have no problem with you shouting as a backbencher but my issue was over you wanting to do that but then sit in the Cabinet meetings so to speak

That is all.
    The order of events ran more properly as follows:

Saw bill.
    Made Comment.
    Comment too late.
    Bill appears in Commons.
    Reiterate Comment.
    Comment Ignored.
    Bill goes to Vote.
    Make Attack in Bar.

So you see, my actions are entirely logical and your criticism is false.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by cambo211)
    You don't think you as the leader of the TSR Government should defend it?

You may not have written the bill but it was submitted as a Government and not by a member.
    If I feel like defending it, yes. I don't have to support, or care about everything submitted.

It's a government bill, so the government (as in the twerps who parade around with "Secretary of State for xxxx" should defend it as per collective responsibility or not bother putting out government legislation. That's three government bills that have gone out and three times things have been completely ignored. It's not particularly good as a way of increasing activity rates, let alone anything else.
    Indeed. Words shall be had.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Try to keep on the friendly side of facetiousness.

If he wishes to criticise the government he can - he has no role in it, and wasn't around when it was created. To be honest the point he makes is a valid one - people should defend a bill if it is submitted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    Try to keep on the friendly side of facetiousness.

If he wishes to criticise the government he can - he has no role in it, and wasn't around when it was created. To be honest the point he makes is a valid one - people should defend a bill if it is submitted.
    Fair enough I'll drop it now
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    So Byron represented Harrow in the first Harrow Vs Eton cricket match :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what would happen if a bill went into deadlock (25:25); would the Speaker get the vote? :holmes: I also wonder if more people abstained than voted in favour of the bill...unlikely but I wonder what would happen.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Stricof)
    I love Paddy
    What did you say?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what would happen if a bill went into deadlock (25:25); would the Speaker get the vote? :holmes: I also wonder if more people abstained than voted in favour of the bill...unlikely but I wonder what would happen.
    The Speaker conventionally votes in a tie-breaker and AFAIK the abstain is a neutral vote and doesn't hold any kind precedence on the swing vs the Aye/Nay.
    What did you say?
    Nothing.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Abstentions are disregarded I believe and that bill wouldn't pass.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    The Speaker conventionally votes in a tie-breaker and AFAIK the abstain is a neutral vote and doesn't hold precedence on the swing?
    I swear we've had one and it didn't count because you need 50%+1

I must be wrong.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    The Speaker conventionally votes in a tie-breaker and AFAIK the abstain is a neutral vote and doesn't hold any kind precedence on the swing vs the Aye/Nay.Nothing.
    Lies.

ReputationRep:
    I swear we've had one and it didn't count because you need 50%+1

I must be wrong.
    I suppose there may be a wee difference between the model of this HoC and the real one. You may be right then. And if it is the case, then I propose the Speaker should bloody well vote!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.