It's the wind, it's speaking to us.

What's it saying?

I don't know, I don't speak wind.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    I have been to Vancouver in British Columbia, loved it. Both Vancouver and Vancouver Island (and Granville Island) and the surronding area where I spent a few days in a log cabin.

Really beautiful. I would love to go back there to travel, and I could think of worse places to live if I had to choose somewhere abroad to live.
    I'm torn between British Columbia and Newfoundland really..

British Columbia

Pros:

Meant to be the most naturally beautiful part of Canada
    Includes the word "British" in the name
    Has a high percentage of people from British heritage living there (like most of Canada really though)

Cons:

Very far away (Very different timezone)
    Apparently there are loads of Asian business men buying up property and building on a huge scale
    Near a fault line (possibility of earth quakes???)

Newfoundland

Pros:

Nearest part of Canada to Britain
    Meant to be quite nice to live there

Cons:

Apparently that's where the stereotype of Canadians come from (eh eh eh?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    Canada is better.
    If I were to leave the UK; unlikely, I would move to either Canada, Australia, New Zealand or Scandinavian countries.
    Yeah

One of the things that really attracts me to Canada is that for the same price you can buy a 3-4 bedroom terrace house in a town here, you can get a 4 bedroom large house (detached) with a swimming pool and 1-2 acres of land....

ReputationRep:
    I've been drinking so much tea since I finished school. Teaddict move over, there's a new kid in town :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCrackInTime)
    gif
    Your lovely gif made me have to force quit Safari

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidmarsh01)
    I've been drinking so much tea since I finished school. Teaddict move over, there's a new kid in town :cool:
    Hehe.

I sit here revising from at least 12PM -> 4PM every day constantly with a mug of tea or coffee.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXedixXx)
    Hehe.

I sit here revising from at least 12PM -> 4PM every day constantly with a mug of tea or coffee.
    During study leave it was more ridiculous - when my mum was in she'd make tea for me so I didn't have to interrupt my revision :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I'm torn between British Columbia and Newfoundland really..

British Columbia

Pros:

Meant to be the most naturally beautiful part of Canada
    Includes the word "British" in the name
    Has a high percentage of people from British heritage living there (like most of Canada really though)

Cons:

Very far away (Very different timezone)
    Apparently there are loads of Asian business men buying up property and building on a huge scale

Newfoundland

Pros:

Cons:

Those cons are nearly bad enough to stop me from going, eyyyyyy

ReputationRep:
    Those cons are nearly bad enough to stop me from going, eyyyyyy
    Hahha

BC Con:
    No possiblity there are earth quakes although not on a scale that is big enought o cause worry

They say (like with California) that the big one could happen tomorrow or a thousand years from now :lol: (I'm not sure it is a thousand but it is a stupid number).

IMO if you were to live in Canada you'd love it... don't go to Québec, they don't speak French

ReputationRep:
    Hahha
    I love this:

ReputationRep:
    I love this:

Ooohh dear...

I hate the yank's stereotype of the Canadians.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    No possiblity there are earth quakes although not on a scale that is big enought o cause worry

They say (like with California) that the big one could happen tomorrow or a thousand years from now :lol: (I'm not sure it is a thousand but it is a stupid number).

IMO if you were to live in Canada you'd love it... don't go to Québec, they don't speak French
    Apparently they do quite often speak French

Apparently they do quite often speak French
    No I meant it isn't the French I am used to admittedly I was younger when I was last there but it was still hard to comprehend a lot of them :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah

One of the things that really attracts me to Canada is that for the same price you can buy a 3-4 bedroom terrace house in a town here, you can get a 4 bedroom large house (detached) with a swimming pool and 1-2 acres of land....
    Same with the states - cheaper.

I have bath in tea

The wind... it's talking to us

What's it saying?

I don't know, I don't speak wind.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Your lovely gif made me have to force quit Safari
    That's because Safari sucks. Google Chrome ftw. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Newfoundland

Pros:

Cons:

On the subject of Newfie, there's pretty much no employment so the population of the island is skewed towards women and children with most men of working age having left the island to work in Western Canada. It's certainly a beautiful spot but it's fairly isolated from the rest of Canada - it's only been a province since 1949 - and suffers more than the rest of Atlantic Canada. BC is a spot where people do live very well, it's quite liberal in its attitudes to most things and the pacific lifestyle suits many people.

Alberta - pretty conservative but it's the wealthiest part of Canada. They have no sales taxes like the rest of the country as a reflection.

The Prairies - good if you want isolation. Apart from the major cities like Winnipeg, Regina, and Saskatoon you'll be in flat, expansive country which isn't the most exciting. Bloody cold in the winter too.

Ontario - I say Ontario but chances are you'll be focused on the area between Ottawa, Toronto, and Windsor unless you happen to speak Ontarian French and live in the north of the province! Most people live here so it can't be too bad.

Québec - La belle province, je me souviens and all that. It's my favourite bit of Canada (aside from Nova Scotia). The way the St Lawrence river freezes in winter is simply amazing and very beautiful indeed. That said, Montreal has problems with corruption and it's one of the coldest major cities on earth. Still, good lifestyle. The Gaspé is sublime.

New Brunswick - Mebee. The only bilingual province there's not really an awful lot to say for itself though. Little Acadian (french) villages that are very pretty but you'll be travelling for hours to get to work.

PEI - Too small really but because its staple industry is glass manufacture all soft drinks come in bottles. Maritimers get excited by that.

Nova Scotia - The best part of Canada bar none, it's also probably the most British in feel. Halifax has amazing music, bars, and general lifestyle. It's not overly rich but the people there make up for that in many, many ways.

ReputationRep:
    An amendment to have 51 MPs is stupid and doesn't solve the problem.

25 Aye, 25 Nos, 1 abstention. Same problem darlings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jesusandtequila)
    An amendment to have 51 MPs is stupid and doesn't solve the problem.

25 Aye, 25 Nos, 1 abstention. Same problem darlings.
    Can't believe someone didn't say this before :lol:

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.