Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adorno)
    Well people don't, normally, go to uni to study so it might as well be. God only knows why anyone would go to Cambridge other than to punt (on the wrong end of the boat n'all).
    I love that city.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    In the event of a tie the speaker votes (not really a vote, it's more a formality to say the speaker casts the deciding vote), but does so in accordence with the Denison's rule. As we don't have votes for first/second readings etc. that means the speaker would always vote against a tied vote. This means in practice that any tied vote in here means that the bill fails.

ReputationRep:
    Completely failed todays exam :king3:

Thinking of learning Italiano for the lulz well not the lulz but for my potential year abroad to Italia

Wonder if it is as easy as some people say? :holmes:
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    I am currently planning changing my name. I know what I want to legaly change my last name to, and I am planning on keeping my first name, but does anyone have any suggestions for a new middle name? Not sure whether to simply get rid of mine, keep it or change it atm.

ReputationRep:
    Middle name should be Danger.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Patrick.

• Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by cambo211)
    Middle name should be Danger.
    'Dayne Danger Dougan'. Too many D's. I might end up opening this to a vote after some good ideas and let my new middle name be chosen democratically (from a list of approved ideas of course).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DayneD89)
    'Dayne Danger Dougan'. Too many D's. I might end up opening this to a vote after some good ideas and let my new middle name be chosen democratically (from a list of approved ideas of course).
    Nahh sounds great.

Dayne 'Danger' Dougan.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by cambo211)
    Nahh sounds great.

Dayne 'Danger' Dougan.
    Well, it would be quite cool to be able to say 'danger is my middle name' :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I am currently planning changing my name. I know what I want to legaly change my last name to, and I am planning on keeping my first name, but does anyone have any suggestions for a new middle name? Not sure whether to simply get rid of mine, keep it or change it atm.
    How about "Geronimo?"

ReputationRep:
    Well, it would be quite cool to be able to say 'danger is my middle name' :cool:
    Change it to Abucha.

(Original post by davidmarsh01)
    Change it to Abucha.
    :rofl: +1 (although worth nothing :cry:)

ReputationRep:
    What do you think of this?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13763508

Did Mitt Romney really say ""England is a small island?"

Then again he makes up for it by saying the special relationship is important. That's something I guess.
    Because we love to feel wanted you know........

(Original post by davidmarsh01)
    Change it to Abucha.
    :lol:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    B376 - Name for Dayne Bill 2011

:holmes:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    What do you think of this?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13763508

Did Mitt Romney really say "England is a small island"

Then again he makes up for it by saying the special relationship is important. That's something I guess.
    Because we love to feel wanted you know........
    To be honest, I'm not that impressed by the Republican candidates so far. The only one I would consider voting for (if I were American) would be Ron Paul.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCrackInTime)
    That's because Safari sucks. Google Chrome ftw. :awesome:
    Google Chrome is great. Had it literally since the minute it was realised, haven't looked back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adorno)
    On the subject of Newfie, there's pretty much no employment so the population of the island is skewed towards women and children with most men of working age having left the island to work in Western Canada. It's certainly a beautiful spot but it's fairly isolated from the rest of Canada - it's only been a province since 1949 - and suffers more than the rest of Atlantic Canada. BC is a spot where people do live very well, it's quite liberal in its attitudes to most things and the pacific lifestyle suits many people.

Alberta - pretty conservative but it's the wealthiest part of Canada. They have no sales taxes like the rest of the country as a reflection.

The Prairies - good if you want isolation. Apart from the major cities like Winnipeg, Regina, and Saskatoon you'll be in flat, expansive country which isn't the most exciting. Bloody cold in the winter too.

Ontario - I say Ontario but chances are you'll be focused on the area between Ottawa, Toronto, and Windsor unless you happen to speak Ontarian French and live in the north of the province! Most people live here so it can't be too bad.

Québec - La belle province, je me souviens and all that. It's my favourite bit of Canada (aside from Nova Scotia). The way the St Lawrence river freezes in winter is simply amazing and very beautiful indeed. That said, Montreal has problems with corruption and it's one of the coldest major cities on earth. Still, good lifestyle. The Gaspé is sublime.

New Brunswick - Mebee. The only bilingual province there's not really an awful lot to say for itself though. Little Acadian (french) villages that are very pretty but you'll be travelling for hours to get to work.

PEI - Too small really but because its staple industry is glass manufacture all soft drinks come in bottles. Maritimers get excited by that.

Nova Scotia - The best part of Canada bar none, it's also probably the most British in feel. Halifax has amazing music, bars, and general lifestyle. It's not overly rich but the people there make up for that in many, many ways.
    Thanks for the comprehensive information Adorno

I'll look into Nova Scotia more then. I want a colder climate than the UK definitely, so I wouldn't want to be living as close to the Canadian-US border as the majority of the population are.

(Original post by xXedixXx)
    Thanks for the comprehensive information Adorno

I'll look into Nova Scotia more then. I want a colder climate than the UK definitely, so I wouldn't want to be living as close to the Canadian-US border as the majority of the population are.
    What are you planning to do job wise? as I'd suggest looking into trucking a lot better money than in the EU :cool:

ReputationRep:
    B376 - Name for Dayne Bill 2011

:holmes:
    Sounds good!
    I wonder if the government would whip it? :cool:

To be honest, I'm not that impressed by the Republican candidates so far. The only one I would consider voting for (if I were American) would be Ron Paul.
    Yeah I'm not crazy about many of them.
    I really would have liked to seen Donald Trump try harder, just to see how far he would have gotten. Can you imagine it? Sarah Palin and Donald Trump both trying to get the Republican nomination?

Also I'm not so sure about Newt Gingrich either.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.