Turn on thread page Beta

The Commons Bar Mk IV watch

Announcements

(Original post by davidmarsh01)
    Fed up with all the religion bashing on TSR.
    But it is TSRs National Sport :sad:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Meh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXedixXx)
    How cold was it, where you lived?
    In winter? oh about -5 regularly. You don't really notice it though. I only put on my winter jacket when it got to about -10. Montreal was worse, that started at about -10 and then you have to add in the wind chill which can knock it down several degrees. Still, the air is somewhat drier than ours is so things feel less cold. They say that the first Canadian winter you live through, you don't really notice it. The second one, however, could kill you. The third one, well by that stage you're an old hand.

ReputationRep:
    You know what really pisses me off about the nhs? The missus went to take Esmé for her nine month check up with the health visitor today, and all they did was criticise her for not doing things exactly the way their lists and books say they should be done.

It's disgraceful that someone, with a happy and healthy child, can be made to feel like a bad mother because they don't do things as mandated by the government. Ugh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    But it is TSRs National Sport :sad:
    That and Muslim bashing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    That and Muslim bashing.
    Would that not come under religion bashing?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    It's not so much religion but religious people :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wednesday Bass)
    Geordie Shore's where it's at. :smug:

(Original post by tehFrance)
    Please it is dreadful, it is a Jersey Shore wannabe it is scripted too :eek: plus I didn't understand it :sad:
    Both are complete ****e

(Original post by SciFiBoy)
    the dispute over the islands originally was between Spain and England, laterly between Argentina and Britain, Argentina believe that the Spanish claim was true and therefore that the islands that they refer to as the Malvinas should have been part of there newly independent territory, as I understand it the islands were a Spanish penal colony before we officially colonised them, there is also dispute over whether we or the Spanish discovered the islands first.

as I recall it is along those lines, but I read up on it ages ago so I may have a few bits wrong.
    I may be wrong but as far as I know Britain either took the islands by force or the Spanish just left, and that was in the 18th or 19th century. So it's been British for at least 150 years.

I'm not sure how modern Argentines feel about it, but there is a fantastic book by a guy called Ken Lukowiak who served with 2 Para (2nd Battalion, the Parachute Regiment) during the Falklands. He gives a vivid account of his time over there during the war.
    He also explains how sometime after the war he went to Argentina and apart from there being billboards declaring the "Malvinas" Argentinian, he was also called a murderer and a war criminal by some locals went he went into a bar.

There were also signs calling Maggie Thatcher a war criminal.

So yeah, although Argentina's loss signalled the end for Galteri it seems many people did actually feel strongly about it.

Tough **** though, they are British! :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidmarsh01)
    Would that not come under religion bashing?
    As Paddy said, there is religion bashing and then bashing the followers themselves.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...19&postcount=3

^^ I bet you I get negged for that.

Academic selection, flexibility, private schools, grammar schools << Outrageous right wing nonsense I say!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...mp;postcount=3

Academic selection, flexibility, private schools, grammar schools &lt;&lt; Outrageous right wing nonsense I say!
    Probably.

See, I disagree with what you say but don't neg posts just because I disagree with them.

ReputationRep:
    Tried to get my Blackberry insured at 'protectmybubble.com'; the £2 a month policy was appealing. It works out that the excess is £25 which would be the same if my phone broke down and I went to go and get it fixed by another company. I hate companies that you deceive you like that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    Probably.

See, I disagree with what you say but don't neg posts just because I disagree with them.
    I know... it's crazy. But that's TSR for you "we don't agree with your opinion, so neg" - in real life that translates into Stalin killing off political opponents. So undemocratic of TSR. It's especially ironic when they say they support democracy in it's entirety (elect the lords, blah blah) and then say "ban the BNP".

Haha

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...19&postcount=3

Academic selection, flexibility, private schools, grammar schools << Outrageous right wing nonsense I say!
    Grammar schools are a red herring but you know the old chestnut: if you post in D&D you will get negged by people who just hover there to neg people.

ReputationRep:
    I've just had an email from the University telling me that my results will be available online from Tuesday 28 January 2014, and if they're not up by Friday 31st January 2014 I should contact them...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adorno)
    Grammar schools are a red herring but you know the old chestnut: if you post in D&D you will get negged by people who just hover there to neg people.
    Blue herring

But yes, much neg.

I've just had an email from the University telling me that my results will be available online from Tuesday 28 January 2014, and if they're not up by Friday 31st January 2014 I should contact them...
    Not that long a wait then :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Not that long a wait then :holmes:
    Not as long as some. One of my mates has to wait until 2028.

ReputationRep:
    Not as long as some. One of my mates has to wait until 2028.
    That's just stupid.

^^ This should so be made into a film.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I hate it when people don't reply to PMs.

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.