Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have now watched all those star wars online trailers... seriously, they would make an awesome film - I would watch it if the script was good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adorno)
    In winter? oh about -5 regularly. You don't really notice it though. I only put on my winter jacket when it got to about -10. Montreal was worse, that started at about -10 and then you have to add in the wind chill which can knock it down several degrees. Still, the air is somewhat drier than ours is so things feel less cold. They say that the first Canadian winter you live through, you don't really notice it. The second one, however, could kill you. The third one, well by that stage you're an old hand.
    Maybe if I went a wee bit more North it would be cooler...

What sort of temperatures do you get in Spring/Summer?

So finished college with three A's :cool: oh yeah!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ham and Cheese)
    Tried to get my Blackberry insured at 'protectmybubble.com'; the £2 a month policy was appealing. It works out that the excess is £25 which would be the same if my phone broke down and I went to go and get it fixed by another company. I hate companies that you deceive you like that!
    Surely that would depend how damaged it was?

(Original post by davidmarsh01)
    Surely that would depend how damaged it was?
    Excess is the same no matter what the damage... I know as one of my HDTVs was ****ed big time and excess was £100 and I got a brand new LED HDTV and I only had the insurance a couple of months... cancelled the policy since though so not really paid off the TV

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    Excess is the same no matter what the damage... I know as one of my HDTVs was ****ed big time and excess was £100 and I got a brand new LED HDTV and I only had the insurance a couple of months... cancelled the policy since though so not really paid off the TV
    I know what an excess is.

He said that if the phone got damaged it would cost £25 to get it repaired. Surely this would depend on the damage, no?

I know what an excess is.

He said that if the phone got damaged it would cost £25 to get it repaired. Surely this would depend on the damage, no?
    No, excess stays the same... the whole point of insurance is you are paying for an event that may not even happen and by the time it does you should of covered most of it

ReputationRep:
    No, excess stays the same... the whole point of insurance is you are paying for an event that may not even happen and by the time it does you should of covered most of it
    He said that if the phone broke it would cost £25 to get it fixed by another company, as well as being the same price as the excess of the insurance.

What I'm saying is that surely it would depend on the damage to the phone how much it would cost for the company to fix it.

He said that if the phone broke it would cost £25 to get it fixed by another company, as well as being the same price as the excess of the insurance.

What I'm saying is that surely it would depend on the damage to the phone how much it would cost for the company to fix it.
    I thought they were both to different insurance policies with same excess I am a tit :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I thought they were both to different insurance policies with same excess I am a tit :lol:
    Won't get an argument there :lol:

Won't get an argument there :lol:
    :rofl:

I know this may sound stupid but with my results I got today I am kind of hoping to fail English so I can apply for a better university anyone else hope that? :lol:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Toddler 1 - 0 Lioness

ReputationRep:
    :rofl:

I know this may sound stupid but with my results I got today I am kind of hoping to fail English so I can apply for a better university anyone else hope that? :lol:
    Where have you applied and for what?

(Original post by cambo211)
    Where have you applied and for what?
    Kingston and Business :cool: It is an all right uni but I was only applying to it as I had crap predictions I now got the best grade you can in my course so may take a gap year and go somewhere else

ReputationRep:
    I have been looking at this new star wars MMO and I can't wait for it to be released - I do hope they have a free trial though.

ReputationRep:
    Kingston and Business :cool: It is an all right uni but I was only applying to it as I had crap predictions I now got the best grade you can in my course so may take a gap year and go somewhere else
    If you come to Kingston then you will only be down the road from me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCrackInTime)
    Toddler 1 - 0 Lioness

Nice video.
    As I watched that I wondered why the lioness was so interested, whether it was primal or maternal, just curiousity or something else.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by TheCrackInTime)
    Toddler 1 - 0 Lioness

Cute!

ReputationRep:
    You say toddler 1 Lioness 0 but I don't think that's fair... I think it should be

Heavily reinforced glass 1 - Lioness 0.

If you want to see what it would be like to have toddler v lioness, put the kid in the closure. I say, best of four seconds before he gets ripped to shreds.

(Original post by Ham and Cheese)
    If you come to Kingston then you will only be down the road from me
    Oh **** :sad:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up sugar, or salt?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.