Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by Adorno)
    Says the man who bigs up dressing like a chav with tokens for Primark's delux range.
    1. I'd never shop at Primark.
    2. I'm not a chav.
    3. It is deluxe

ReputationRep:
    Doctor Who is the best thing on TV.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    1. I'd never shop at Primark.
    2. I'm not a chav.
    3. It is deluxe
    1. You
    2. Missed, the
    3. Irony

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robinson999)
    and if you can't afford, or have one a pension that goes under or you didn't enough money into it because you couldn't people of one reason or another
    Everyone can put something into a pension - for those that don't earn a lot the state should assist and put some money into their pension. It is up to people to provide for themselves. Perhaps the state would create a state-owned private company to administer pensions; but still rest on the same principle that people must set it up themselves.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by DayneD89)
    Hear hear!

Please rate some other members before rating this member again.
    It's the thought that counts.

*BBC Wales

(Original post by tehFrance)
    Doctor Who.. Sci-Fi... absolutely dislike it
    The Honourable Member is close to being named.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by TheCrackInTime)
    It's the thought that counts.

The Honourable Member is close to being named.
    Can you clarify in the PMQ thread to people that I am not meant to be individually asking questions but that I am meant to consider the answers with other members of the coalition!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    Can you clarify in the PMQ thread to people that I am not meant to be individually asking questions but that I am meant to consider the answers with other members of the coalition!
    It's become something of a Sartrean disaster zone.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    Sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    Everyone can put something into a pension - for those that don't earn a lot the state should assist and put some money into their pension. It is up to people to provide for themselves. Perhaps the state would create a state-owned private company to administer pensions; but still rest on the same principle that people must set it up themselves.
    sometimes its not that easy

ReputationRep:
    Sadly I must disagree with the rampant Dr Who love; it's been mediocre this year. Much better last year.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I don't watch it these days.

Wasn't captain jack meant to be the face of bo or some nonsense?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thunder and Jazz)
    Sadly I must disagree with the rampant Dr Who love; it's been mediocre this year. Much better last year.
    I prefer this years to last - much more serious. Matt Smith seems to have found his feet IMO. I like him, but David Tennant FTW.

ReputationRep:
    It's been terrible in the revived versions. Classic Doctor Who is much better because it's driven by story. This is especially true of the ones in the 1960s. I'm sure I've posted the Tenth Planet here before.

ReputationRep:
    Managed to get some internet so what do I do? Go on TSR :facepalm2: I brought my laptop but there's only wifi in the reception

ReputationRep:
    It's been terrible in the revived versions. Classic Doctor Who is much better because it's driven by story. This is especially true of the ones in the 1960s. I'm sure I've posted the Tenth Planet here before.
    Not universally true, since some of the old stuff was just badly written badly shot trash, but in general probably true. There's merit in both approaches and parts of Dr Who since 2005 have been brilliant. Other parts have not.

ReputationRep:
    Not universally true, since some of the old stuff was just badly written badly shot trash, but in general probably true. There's merit in both approaches and parts of Dr Who since 2005 have been brilliant. Other parts have not.
    When you consider that it was on for most of the year not this 12 episode set up then it's not surprising some of the writing slipped up. But the sci-fi by people like Kit Peddler was simply awesome as television went. I did not enjoy David Tennant as the Doctor and this notion that Matt Smith is somehow like Patrick Troughton is astonishing when you compare the two. The latter was a classic character actor, the former...is... ish.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    What I would give for episode four...

:moon:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I will stick to Trek

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCrackInTime)
    What I would give for episode four...

:moon:
    Or even episode 1 of the Power of the Daleks or the Highlanders or episodes 1 and 3 of the Moonbase.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Who wants to make one?

I won't be in it but it would be a valid addition to the HOC on here.

What have the Romans ever done for us, ey. :mmm:

Note: Not to be confused with The People's Front of Judea. :rant:

:awesome:

Anyone who doesn't get it fails at life. :p:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.