Turn on thread page Beta
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...ankruptcy.html

^^ HOW!

"When the couple divorced in 1990, Miss Kluge won an estimated $1 billion comprising cash, their mansion Albemarle House, and its grounds in Charlottesville, Virginia."

HOW THE **** CAN YOU BANKRUPT YOURSELF IF YOU HAVE $1BILLION! HOW THE **** IS THAT POSSIBLE!
    Her accountant was Gordon Brown.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ham and Cheese)
    Probably because she's a greedy *****. I imagine she stopped worked, bought some huge house, paid servants loads to literally do everything for her; when you have that sort of money its very easy to become a lazy c(unt).
    Yeah but even so, unless Gordon Brown was her account; as Cracked pointed out, there is no way you can lose that much...

If I had $1billion I could live off that for the rest of my life - buy everything I want, have a personal chef and I still wouldn't use it all up... I would ensure that some of it is invested to give me a long term income and develop a portfolio for the kids.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    Yeah but even so, unless Gordon Brown was her account; as Cracked pointed out, there is no way you can lose that much...

If I had $1billion I could live off that for the rest of my life - buy everything I want, have a personal chef and I still wouldn't use it all up... I would ensure that some of it is invested to give me a long term income and develop a portfolio for the kids.
    I reckon she could have racked it up eventually. A big house, probably a ton of cars and gave some to family. Plus she probably had her own chef, maids, servants, butlers, a guy that answers the door, 24 security man (over 20 years those salaries would rack up a hell of a lot of money). I'm tempted to say she probably gave some to charity but she doesn't seem the type.

ReputationRep:
    I reckon she could have racked it up eventually. A big house, probably a ton of cars and gave some to family. Plus she probably had her own chef, maids, servants, butlers, a guy that answers the door, 24 security man (over 20 years those salaries would rack up a hell of a lot of money). I'm tempted to say she probably gave some to charity but she doesn't seem the type.
    She is clearly a moron that natural selection should have taken out years ago.

ReputationRep:
    I always go into my kitchen at night and find a couple of these dirty ****s crawling around on the floor. I always kill them but its like what the ****? How many are there? I must be killing about three every night.

Does anyone else get them?

ReputationRep:
    I always go into my kitchen at night and find a couple of these dirty ****s crawling around on the floor. I always kill them but its like what the ****? How many are there? I must be killing about three every night.

Silver fish. Usually associated with issues of damp in older houses. There's not much you can do except change the environmental conditions of the area and in older housing that's not the easiest thing to do either.

ReputationRep:
    I really like this quote by Martin Niemöller

First they came for the communists,
    and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
    and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
    and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
    and there was no one left to speak out for me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_they_came%E2%80%A6

I hadn't heard it until today though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)

Really, you've never heard it?

I really like it, sums up the dangers of authoritarianism but also apathy, my two least favourite political things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nothos)
    Really, you've never heard it?

I really like it, sums up the dangers of authoritarianism but also apathy, my two least favourite political things.
    I'm pretty sure I hadn't heard it until today.
    I think it's quite poignant

ReputationRep:

Nah we get some big flies - we have various large trees near our house, so when we open the windows, they always come for a visit - why they want to die in our house is beyond me... they are never healthy, they are always on their last legs... I don't get it... they treat our house like the graveyard... *******s
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer

That's really well known.

ReputationRep:
    They're a smart bunch at York council.

ReputationRep:
    When I lived in Mauritius, apart from cockroaches and flying cockroaches we had ants who were fast and pretty effective.
    If you dropped a piece of food and left it there for more than 2 or 3 minutes they would appear out of nowhere and start a trail of ants back to their nest. Swarming with them.

It was interesting watching them move back and forth in neat lines, breaking off bits of the food and carrying it back.

ReputationRep:
    I guess that's what you call an own goal.

Typical councils, always moving the goalposts
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Palm and face.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    Palm and face.
    At the story or my glorious puns?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    At the story or my glorious puns?
    Both tbh. Lol.

ReputationRep:
    Surely at some point the contractors putting the fence up would've stopped to double check that the council really wanted that...

I have found a TV Series I have been looking for since like forever it was so obvious yet I kept looking over it as the woman of the cover was wrong... well I thought she was wrong :lol: ah Femmes de loi :love:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    http://www.liberty-human-rights.org....-the-trees.php

Thoughts?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.