The Commons Bar Mk IV watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/n...d-by-eBay.html

Ebay are a joke ^^
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I guess if you stare at a model of Hitler long enough you become Hitler.

Well I am offended as I don't want a model of Hitler on eBay damnit! wonder where he got the model from though :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Banning models of Hitler, that's how Nazi Germany started you know.....
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    The update will be late tonight. I've had to go out and won't be back before 11.

Je vais être dans le Nord de France pour mon anniversaire ... Je vais geler :cry:

All I can say is thank the lord for Uggs

ReputationRep:
    Uggs :puke:

ReputationRep:

Suck my balls, facebook. Suck my balls.

(Original post by cambo211)
    Uggs :puke:
    And what is wrong with Uggs? they are a bit old though... going to get Timberland Boots when it turns to September

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    Je vais être dans le Nord de France pour mon anniversaire ... Je vais geler :cry:

All I can say is thank the lord for Uggs
    It it really that bad?

ReputationRep:
    It's not that they're old it's just that they're not that nice

(Original post by Adorno)
    It it really that bad?
    Yes it is... last time I went was during the summer 6 years ago and it wasn't the best, it will be 100x's worse in winter :mad:
    (Original post by cambo211)
    It's not that they're old it's just that they're not that nice
    They keep my feet warm, I honestly can't stand the cold on my feet.. here or France :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    Yes it is... last time I went was during the summer 6 years ago and it wasn't the best, it will be 100x's worse in winter :mad:
    Ahh. I don't suppose I really thought of the north as cold but I've not been further south than Arras (in France at least). Reminds me of this Dutch girl I met in Rome who figured I'd be a sensible person to complain to about it being too hot.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard of the view that states Incy Wincy spider is a critical allegory of capitalism?

Ahh. I don't suppose I really thought of the north as cold but I've not been further south than Arras (in France at least). Reminds me of this Dutch girl I met in Rome who figured I'd be a sensible person to complain to about it being too hot.
    Never further south than Arras :eek: it happens to be around 30 minutes away from where I am heading to, Nœux-les-Mines (well just outside of Nœux-les-Mines)... not been to Arras though, might go this time as I have more freedom with the car and all that :cool:

Rome hot? please that isn't hot enough

ReputationRep:
    Never further south than Arras :eek: it happens to be around 30 minutes away from where I am heading to, Nœux-les-Mines (well just outside of Nœux-les-Mines)... not been to Arras though, might go this time as I have more freedom with the car and all that :cool:
    Hehe. Well I've not really travelled in France on my own - Arras was a school trip since we were going there and to the Canadian memorial at Vimy Ridge. I've somehow managed to skirt the Hexagon by going to Germany, Belgium, and the Romandie. I'd like to go to Normandy and Brittany though but may try in the autumn rather than in the summer.

Rome hot? please that isn't hot enough
    Well it was the mugginess as well as the temperature that I couldn't really deal with. The same in Budapest, lovely as the city was.

Hehe. Well I've not really travelled in France on my own - Arras was a school trip since we were going there and to the Canadian memorial at Vimy Ridge. I've somehow managed to skirt the Hexagon by going to Germany, Belgium, and the Romandie. I'd like to go to Normandy and Brittany though but may try in the autumn rather than in the summer.

Well it was the mugginess as well as the temperature that I couldn't really deal with. The same in Budapest, lovely as the city was.
    Well do travel France on your own, after my year abroad (if I end up in Paris) I fully intend on taking my dads car and driving down to Cannes and back, will be a great road trip as I will be able to stop at more places than when it was me and dad

Bretagne & Normandie are nice places in the summer... everything closes on a Sunday though it is worse the further North-East you go :lol:

Mugginess?

ReputationRep:
    Well do travel France on your own, after my year abroad (if I end up in Paris) I fully intend on taking my dads car and driving down to Cannes and back, will be a great road trip as I will be able to stop at more places than when it was me and dad
    I'd be at SNCF's pleasure! It's more the case of having the time to do it to be honest. Having spent 7 years doing various degrees, I need to find a job. But at the same time I'd like to get my French back up to scratch and shake off the Quebecisms that I picked up in Canada.

Bretagne & Normandie are nice places in the summer... everything closes on a Sunday though it is worse the further North-East you go :lol:
    So I've heard. My idea of a good trip is walking a lot, visiting sites of historic interest, and generally seeing places so in that sense sunday closing really doesn't matter. In any case, riding around on trains is a great way of passing sundays.

I'd be at SNCF's pleasure! It's more the case of having the time to do it to be honest. Having spent 7 years doing various degrees, I need to find a job. But at the same time I'd like to get my French back up to scratch and shake off the Quebecisms that I picked up in Canada.

So I've heard. My idea of a good trip is walking a lot, visiting sites of historic interest, and generally seeing places so in that sense sunday closing really doesn't matter. In any case, riding around on trains is a great way of passing sundays.
    Good luck with SNCF and getting somewhere on time

You picked up Québecisms, get out :mad:

Walking a lot, historical sites :eek: that is not a good holiday

ReputationRep:
    Good luck with SNCF and getting somewhere on time

You picked up Québecisms, get out :mad:

Walking a lot, historical sites :eek: that is not a good holiday
    I'm sure they cannot be any worse than First Great Western or ViaRail who landed me in Montreal fully 10 hours late on a train that takes 24 hours anyway! That was an experience. Quebecisms and I cannot for the life of me say anything other than Bruckselle (Bruxelle). Lounging around in the sunshine is my idea of hell...

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.