Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Metrobeans)
    There were lots on Man City fans on my train this afternoon and I've a feeling they'll be leaving Wembley disappointed this evening.
    I'm gladly mistaken!

ReputationRep:
    I'm quite specific, pour hot water on teabag, leave for a minute or so, then remove teabag, 2 sugars and then milk. No other order works, and milk with teabags is just disgusting.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Iced with lemon. :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    Teabag in, squeeze every last drop out, depending on the tea put in small-medium amount of milk. No sugar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    How does everyone take their tea?

I have two teabags (left in the cup), splash of milk (small splash) and no sugar.

I like my tea strong.
    Wouldn't you save yourself money by buying those "Extra-Strong" teabags from Tetley or something to that effect? On the personal preference thing, there's a wonderful point at which you can mix in full milk such that the tea tastes like warm milk. That's pretty well how I like it, neither too strong (i.e. orange) or too weak (white) but a sort of egg-shell medium. And never with this yucky semi or skimed milk. Bleurgh.

I wondered what had happened to the bar since my feed died. Apparently, that's 30,000 posts of spam that we've generated!

I take it orally

On a serious note, I have a teabag in mug, leave for 50 seconds, take out then pour milk in....

ReputationRep:

I have two teabags (left in the cup), splash of milk (small splash) and no sugar.

I like my tea strong.
    Black like my soul (and my skin.) :ninja:

ReputationRep:

I like my tea strong.
    Strong single tea bag, dash off milk! Non of this sugar muck! Sugar in tea, is just wrong.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Adorno)
    Wouldn't you save yourself money by buying those "Extra-Strong" teabags from Tetley or something to that effect? On the personal preference thing, there's a wonderful point at which you can mix in full milk such that the tea tastes like warm milk. That's pretty well how I like it, neither too strong (i.e. orange) or too weak (white) but a sort of egg-shell medium. And never with this yucky semi or skimed milk. Bleurgh.

I wondered what had happened to the bar since my feed died. Apparently, that's 30,000 posts of spam that we've generated!
    I use skimmed milk by preference :yes:

I would, and sometimes buy extra strong teabags but they are not strong enough really and I often found myself using two anyway.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by OrangeStu)
    Strong single tea bag, dash off milk! Non of this sugar muck! Sugar in tea, is just wrong.
    I agree completely.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Metrobeans)
    Black like my soul (and my skin.) :ninja:
    You're black?!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by cambo211)
    Coffee.
    I drink more coffee than tea, but was more interested in the tea question.

ReputationRep:
    I use skimmed milk by preference :yes:

I would, and sometimes buy extra strong teabags but they are not strong enough really and I often found myself using two anyway.
    Well that explains your choice of liquour :p:

ReputationRep:
    You're black?!
    You were drunk at the time or passed out, or making out with T/J, I can't remember which event is true and which is false.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer

I like my tea strong.
    I can't stand the stuff. I don't like tea or coffee. I don't actually think that anyone likes tea or coffee in my family, although my grandma loved coffee. Also, quick question, when you're at a fair or something like that does anyone know why one is 5p more expensive than the other? We were trying to figure this out at a meeting I was at a few days ago, but we didn't know the answer.

ReputationRep:
    One teabag, two spoons of sugar, add water, stir thoroughly, add milk, stir again, remove bag, consume.

I feel bad, though. My favourite mug says "Hot Coffee" on the front, but I pretty much exclusively drink tea from it. I feel like I'm betraying it :sad:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Well that explains your choice of liquour :p:
    :lol:

Indeed
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    You were drunk at the time or passed out, or making out with T/J, I can't remember which event is true and which is false.
    :rofl:

I do remember he is black, I was just seeing if he would be indignant at my forgetting XD.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by toronto353)
    I can't stand the stuff. I don't like tea or coffee. I don't actually think that anyone likes tea or coffee in my family, although my grandma loved coffee. Also, quick question, when you're at a fair or something like that does anyone know why one is 5p more expensive than the other? We were trying to figure this out at a meeting I was at a few days ago, but we didn't know the answer.
    To try and make you buy the cheaper one - which will be the one they have less of/the one that costs marginally less. Presumably.

ReputationRep:
    :rofl:

I do remember he is black, I was just seeing if he would be indignant at my forgetting XD.
    Na. You couldn't have been that drunk!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.