Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nothos)
    Noting some censorship there :beard:
    I would never censor anything!

(Original post by Nothos)
    How very droll :rolleyes:
    Perhaps but it remains none the less true.

ReputationRep:
    When did this Tory government or lib dems on the side (what ever they call themselves now) turn into China, must of missed that bit

Hello everybody,

Just to let you know that we will be re-running nominations for moderator of the HoC/MUN as no suitable candidates were put forward in the previous round of nominations. Nominations will run from now until next Sunday evening, 3rd July. Please note, we will not be allowing self-nominations, or nominations for the current speaker or secretary general. Please see the Announcement for further details.

I'm sorry that progress has been slow but hopefully we will be able to appoint a new moderator shortly!

(Original post by robinson999)
    When did this Tory government or lib dems on the side (what ever they call themselves now) turn into China, must of missed that bit
    Que?

Just watched Top Gear, the Jaguar E-Type :love:

(What is the BB Code for UK Flag/Salute? ).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    Que?

Just watched Top Gear, the Jaguar E-Type :love:

(What is the BB Code for UK Flag/Salute? ).
    I'm guessing he's talking about the free legal aid link Aaran shared before.

Also, I want a Jag E-Type now.

(Original post by Wednesday Bass)
    I'm guessing he's talking about the free legal aid link Aaran shared before.
    Really? well does he know that you can get free legal aid in China? :lolwut:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Think I spend to much time on TSR. Getting a rep for being the first poster guy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    Que?
    this opt in system, its all well and fine

but once you have a government that starts having some control over the internet where do you stop
    youtube bypass copyright laws will that be next

than facebook
    and so on

under 18s can very easily sign up to betting sites, they are more than happy to take your money

but getting anything of them is a pain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fleur de lis)
    Hello everybody,

Just to let you know that we will be re-running nominations for moderator of the HoC/MUN as no suitable candidates were put forward in the previous round of nominations. Nominations will run from now until next Sunday evening, 3rd July. Please note, we will not be allowing self-nominations, or nominations for the current speaker or secretary general. Please see the Announcement for further details.

I'm sorry that progress has been slow but hopefully we will be able to appoint a new moderator shortly!
    No self nominations? If you do that, you will limit the amount of nominations you get... and judging by the sound of it, you need all the nominations you can get.

Anyway Fleur, how goes it?

(Original post by Teaddict)
    No self nominations? If you do that, you will limit the amount of nominations you get... and judging by the sound of it, you need all the nominations you can get.

Anyway Fleur, how goes it?
    We may limit the amount of nominations, but you are incorrect to assume that we need all the nominations we can get :p:

It goes good thanks, I'm just back from holiday! How about you?

ReputationRep:
    Hello everybody,

Why no self-nomination out of interest? Surely it's easier to find a suitable person, if they genuinely want to do it? Just asking

Edit: Just refreshed and seen Teaaddicts post :P hope your holiday was nice

ReputationRep:
    We may limit the amount of nominations, but you are incorrect to assume that we need all the nominations we can get :p:

It goes good thanks, I'm just back from holiday! How about you?
    Holiday eh... do tell?

Yes I am well - same old same old.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Metrobeans)
    I've updated the records for the votes while I've been away. Overall turnout has slipped below 90% which is disappointing. Can MPs make sure that they are reading the HoC Updates that are being sent out and are voting on everything. If you are going to be away, you can get your party leader to arrange a proxy MP for you.
    Maybe we could try targeted PMs - at those that haven't voted when say 24hrs is left. Or put more pressure on party leaders to justify why MPs aren't voting, and if they can't to replace them or risk losing their seat. I know its mentioned in the GD but do we act on it? Also I believe it says four days notice for proxy MPs - maybe we could change this because sometimes you just don't know when you are going to be unavailable until a couple of days before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Metrobeans)
    I've updated the records for the votes while I've been away. Overall turnout has slipped below 90% which is disappointing. Can MPs make sure that they are reading the HoC Updates that are being sent out and are voting on everything. If you are going to be away, you can get your party leader to arrange a proxy MP for you.
    1. Yet they get rid of active people :teehee:
    2. I am no longer an MP... my name needs a / <name> next to it

(Original post by OrangeStu)
    Why no self-nomination out of interest? Surely it's easier to find a suitable person, if they genuinely want to do it? Just asking

Edit: Just refreshed and seen Teaaddicts post :P hope your holiday was nice
    I believe because last time the majority of nominations were self nominations and weren't suitable. I have to apologise because I am playing the role of messenger here; the supermoderator who was overseeing the nominations and decision making process is currently away, so I am covering the organisational aspects of the re-running of nominations but may not be in the best position to answer your specific questions, though I will try my best!

Holiday eh... do tell?

Yes I am well - same old same old.
    Yup, went Greek island hopping with the boyfriend. Was awesome - lovely weather, amazing food, and plenty of much needed relaxation

ReputationRep:
    1. Yet they get rid of active people :teehee:
    2. I am no longer an MP... my name needs a / <name> next to it
    You could start a Tea Party

I believe because last time the majority of nominations were self nominations and weren't suitable. I have to apologise because I am playing the role of messenger here; the supermoderator who was overseeing the nominations and decision making process is currently away, so I am covering the organisational aspects of the re-running of nominations but may not be in the best position to answer your specific questions, though I will try my best!
    Don't apologise, you explained well enough I was just interested that's all :P

ReputationRep:
    Yup, went Greek island hopping with the boyfriend. Was awesome - lovely weather, amazing food, and plenty of much needed relaxation
    whoa I asked how the holiday was, not your life story

Nah, I am glad you enjoyed it... island hopping sounds like a giants version of hop-scotch. At least you enjoyed it, that's the main thing and NO one can deny the need for relaxation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OrangeStu)
    You could start a Tea Party
    I AM!

Well I intend to create a joke manifesto... but that depends on whether I can be bothered.

ReputationRep:
    The Tea Party: For those who enjoy real Conservatives.

Y'all.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.