Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I appear to have passed 9,000 posts without realising. Yay me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nothos)
    Whenever I go to Tesco, the financial times rack is always full to the top. My corner shop doesn't even stock it.

The only people i see reading it in Slough are those who commute in from better places.
    Well probably on the slow train that stops in Slough from Oxford to London Paddington. Gives them something to read when someone jumps off Ealing Broadway and you're stuck for an hour on the tracks whilst they clean up the mess. Also Tesco ... if you can afford to shop in Tesco you're posh. It's all about ASDA boyo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thunder and Jazz)
    Oh, I appear to have passed 9,000 posts without realising. Yay me.
    We mourn the passing of your social life.

Dies Irae, Dies Illae
    Solvet Saeclum In Favilla
    Teste David *** Sybilla.

:rip:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adorno)
    Well probably on the slow train that stops in Slough from Oxford to London Paddington. Gives them something to read when someone jumps off Ealing Broadway and you're stuck for an hour on the tracks whilst they clean up the mess. Also Tesco ... if you can afford to shop in Tesco you're posh. It's all about ASDA boyo.
    I refuse to get the slow train. Even if I have to wait half an hour for the fast one, I wait for it. Too impatient, plus I can have a cigarette outside in the interim.

Not that it helped a few weeks ago when someone stole (stole, not damaged) the signalling equipment

Or when you don't get the ticket you paid for via the self service machine and the utter ***** at first great western refuse to give you a new one or refund. Kinda glad of the loophole in their contracts that let's them dump their franchises three years early.

ReputationRep:
    We mourn the passing of your social life.

Dies Irae, Dies Illae
    Solvet Saeclum In Favilla
    Teste David *** Sybilla.

:rip:
    Hehe. We need a bit of music:

(this is the best version I can find)

Crap Tsonga of France is playing Federer tomorrow... who the hell do I support? :confused: Support Tsonga because he is French or Federer because he is amazing :love: no homo... okay maybe a little :lol:

ReputationRep:

Gregorian chant, surely? It was my intent to post it, but too much hassle via my phone.

ReputationRep:
    Gregorian chant, surely? It was my intent to post it, but too much hassle via my phone.
    Nah mun: if T/J's social life has died you might as well give it a full Catholic burial. The reason being that we just go out on the piss afterwards.

ReputationRep:
    Nah mun: if T/J's social life has died you might as well give it a full Catholic burial. The reason being that we just go out on the piss afterwards.
    As many problems I have with the catholic church, I will admit I prefer their funeral masses.

But if i had to choose a religion on the basis of entertainment value, it'd have to be Judaism. Those guys know how to party like it's 5759 AM.

ReputationRep:

Memories of playing this multiple times in a week for peanuts resurface.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!1 IT BURNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Can I come?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thunder and Jazz)
    Memories of playing this multiple times in a week for peanuts resurface.

Can I come?
    Presumably you'll be there buying the drinks

Memories of playing this over and over too:

ReputationRep:
    As many problems I have with the catholic church, I will admit I prefer their funeral masses.
    If you intend being a Catholic, don't be an English Catholic - too much guilt involved. That said it would give you an insight into Graham Greene and Evelyn Waugh that you don't quite get unless you are an English Catholic but meh. Part of the deal with it is that you get to do whatever the hell you like and just make up with god in a little box with the priest. Bless me father for I have sinned, it's been a week since my last confession and in that time I've drank half the guiness in colchester and shagged the pope's daughter's lesbian wife.

Other religions are a bit dour. Protestantism - especially the nonconformist brand of which I know well - is just dreary and lacking colour. I doubt I'd be able to manage any of the rest.

ReputationRep:
    If you intend being a Catholic, don't be an English Catholic - too much guilt involved. That said it would give you an insight into Graham Greene and Evelyn Waugh that you don't quite get unless you are an English Catholic but meh. Part of the deal with it is that you get to do whatever the hell you like and just make up with god in a little box with the priest. Bless me father for I have sinned, it's been a week since my last confession and in that time I've drank half the guiness in colchester and shagged the pope's daughter's lesbian wife.

Other religions are a bit dour. Protestantism - especially the nonconformist brand of which I know well - is just dreary and lacking colour. I doubt I'd be able to manage any of the rest.
    I was raised a Catholic, believe me, I know all about the guilt they love to spread about in mass. And the ash on the forehead which always irritated my skin, the prayers throughout the school day (Catholic school too!), the way the incense burner would make me feel ill, the way they spent millions renovating my church including fine gold adornments while they allow the victims of the AIDS pandemic they caused rot in a living hell every day and the utter, disgusting hypocrisy of the whole bloody institution.

Basically, I don't like any organised religion, but I have a particular loathing for the Roman Catholic Church.

EDIT: Good Lord, I sound like Ian Paisley.

ReputationRep:
    I might use a picture of Ty Lee as my avatar.

ReputationRep:
    I was raised a Catholic, believe me, I know all about the guilt they love to spread about in mass. And the ash on the forehead which always irritated my skin, the prayers throughout the school day (Catholic school too!), the way the incense burner would make me feel ill, the way they spent millions renovating my church including fine gold adornments while they allow the victims of the AIDS pandemic they caused rot in a living hell every day and the utter, disgusting hypocrisy of the whole bloody institution.

Basically, I don't like any organised religion, but I have a particular loathing for the Roman Catholic Church.

EDIT: Good Lord, I sound like Ian Paisley.
    There you are see: English Catholic.

ReputationRep:
    There you are see: English Catholic.
    Having experienced both Continental and English Catholicism, I have to say they're equally bad.

That said, having masses in latin made my learning the language in secondary school seem much more worthwhile :teehee:

Catholicism... what a corrupt religion
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Well, toilet paper is pretty expensive these days...

ReputationRep:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanged,..._and_quartered

To be hanged, drawn and quartered was from 1351 a penalty in England for men convicted of high treason, although the ritual was first recorded during the reigns of King Henry III (1216–1272) and his successor, Edward I (1272–1307). Convicts were fastened to a hurdle, or wooden panel, and drawn by horse to the place of execution, where they were hanged (almost to the point of death), emasculated, disembowelled, beheaded and quartered (chopped into four pieces). Their remains were often displayed in prominent places across the country, such as London Bridge. For reasons of public decency, women convicted of high treason were instead burnt at the stake.

Haha at least they still had their priorities... it would be against public decency for women to be shown across the country... let's just burn them instead.

ReputationRep:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gibbet#Iran

Wow that is brutal: In 838 Babak Khorramdin had his hands and feet cut off, and was then gibbeted alive whilst sewn into a cow's skin with the horns at ear level to gradually crush his head as it dried out.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.