Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    You can not say "I am in favour of killing animals humanely" then say you don't care about halal. Halal is incredibly inhumane. It is one of the benefits of eating a diet of chiefly pork that I do not have to consider whether what I am eating was put in a machine and then had its throat sliced and then was spun around while alive even though its head was barely hanging on to its neck to appease someone who is still living in the 7th century AD.

I will aid and abet a ritual slaughter bill, btw.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Bagration)
    You can not say "I am in favour of killing animals humanely" then say you don't care about halal. Halal is incredibly inhumane. It is one of the benefits of eating a diet of chiefly pork that I do not have to consider whether what I am eating was put in a machine and then had its throat sliced and then was spun around while alive even though its head was barely hanging on to its neck to appease someone who is still living in the 7th century AD.

Not caring about eating halal =/= not caring about halal processes.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    There are lone cemeteries,
    tombs full of soundless bones,
    the heart threading a tunnel,
    a dark, dark tunnel :
    like a wreck we die to the very core,
    as if drowning at the heart
    or collapsing inwards from skin to soul.

There are corpses,
    clammy slabs for feet,
    there is death in the bones,
    like a pure sound,
    a bark without its dog,
    out of certain bells, certain tombs
    swelling in this humidity like lament or rain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bagration)

Awesome. I've got it on paper in the Labour subforum and will bash through a version and post it out to anyone interested in helping with it.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Anyone know the best place to make a website type thing for free?

I used matmice when I was like 11 :yes:

ReputationRep:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Your hair is lost in the forest,
    your feet touching mine.
    Asleep you are bigger than the night,
    but your dream fits within this room.
    How much we are who are so little!
    Outside a taxi passes
    with its load of ghosts.
    The river that runs by
    is always
    running back.
    Will tomorrow be another day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    Anyone know the best place to make a website type thing for free?

I used matmice when I was like 11 :yes:
    Depends on what the site is for? Whats the purpose?
    Wordpress offers a good basic starting platform.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by OrangeStu)
    Depends on what the site is for? Whats the purpose?
    Wordpress offers a good basic starting platform.
    Tbh I just want somewhere to collect my favourite poems and stuff for my own reference. I did make a blog on wordpress once actually but never posted after the first post :lol:

ReputationRep:
    It will update. Currently your online application will say "you have been sent a declaration..." and that will change.
    Under the "your application status"?

Is so it says: Your application has been approved.

(Original post by Adorno)
    Banning religious slaughter would be remarkably easy to do, if you fancy a joint bill. According to the 1995 Welfare of Animals (Slaughter or Killing) Regulations Act, the provisions for religious killing of animals are all contained within one schedule - namely schedule 12.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1...hedule/12/made

Were this to be abolished then religious slaughter of animals would be required to meet with regulations for other forms of butchery - namely the pre-killing stunning of the animal.

I suggest that is what we do.
    I am sure you can handle it Since I am no longer an MP, I have lost interest in the MHoCs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    I am sure you can handle it Since I am no longer an MP, I have lost interest in the MHoCs.
    Aye, I guess!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Under the "your application status"?

Is so it says: Your application has been approved.

Why not join another party and apply to be one?

ReputationRep:
    Why not join another party and apply to be one?
    What party?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    What party?
    Libertarian/UKIP presumably. More and more of the Tory party on here seem to be leaning that way with respect to the former, and UKIP are pretty broad.

ReputationRep:
    Libertarian/UKIP presumably. More and more of the Tory party on here seem to be leaning that way with respect to the former, and UKIP are pretty broad.
    I disagree with the Libertarian ideology too fundamentally to join them.
    UKIP on this forum are a bunch of lefties.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    They're really not a "bunch of lefties" but they're not particularly like RL UKIP either.

ReputationRep:
    UKIP apparently don't believe the recession busting is being balanced on the backs of the poor... they're more right-wing than you imagine. Just not your kind of right-wing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adorno)
    UKIP apparently don't believe the recession busting is being balanced on the backs of the poor... they're more right-wing than you imagine. Just not your kind of right-wing.
    I was referring to TSR UKIP which are quite different from real life UKIP. I don't think I would join real life UKIP either.

They're really not a "bunch of lefties" but they're not particularly like RL UKIP either.
    Meh... I would be willing to bet that aside from Adamrulez and perhaps TehCheeseEatingSurrenderMonkeys, I was the most Conservative member in the TSR Conservative Party. Many of them are more Libertarian by nature - especially Wednesday Salmon.

ReputationRep:
    I was referring to TSR UKIP which are quite different from real life UKIP. I don't think I would join real life UKIP either.
    As was I.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh I just want somewhere to collect my favourite poems and stuff for my own reference. I did make a blog on wordpress once actually but never posted after the first post :lol:
    For stuff like that sounds like Tumblr might be a good place to have a look

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.