Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    I think I got Irish because I chose the beer options and the "meh, feck it" options. Lol
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    I got Irish and I had all the hard working options and Whisky I sense a flawed questionnaire.
    (Original post by Adorno)
    Well they do work hard.
    I think he was remarking on the contradictions here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    I would say most Tories are closer to the Democrats than the Republicans.
    No as that is how it translates from UK Tory to US Democrat... Republicism is even further right.
    Interesting because I was reading about this the other day saying that the Tories were quite close to Republicans - but then thinking I don't like the Republicans :P

(Original post by Thunder and Jazz)
    I think he was remarking on the contradictions here.
    Oui, I was indeed
    (Original post by OrangeStu)
    Interesting because I was reading about this the other day saying that the Tories were quite close to Republicans - but then thinking I don't like the Republicans :P
    No they are not, where ever you read that is wrong....

ReputationRep:
    The US does not have a political system, it has two parties of capital backed by different sections of the economy.

Republicans: The financial sector, the military industrial complex, hi-tech industry (silicon valley etc), oil - anything capital intensive
    Democrats: The industrial and agricultural sectors, anything labour intensive

Capitalists on both sides fund their respective parties to ensure the victory of their profits and by corollary their industry.

ReputationRep:
    > Comparing US and UK parties

:laugh:

ReputationRep:

You have an artistic, emotional personality and you prefer peaceful protest to violence. You are a natural romantic at heart, though you can have a highly critical personality at times. You like your humor sharp and cynical. Slice off a hunk of cheese with your whine, because you most closely resemble the people of France.

Saddeningly, aside from the fact that I dislike cheese, this is bang on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bagration)
    The US does not have a political system, it has two parties of capital backed by different sections of the economy.

Republicans: The financial sector, the military industrial complex, hi-tech industry (silicon valley etc), oil - anything capital intensive
    Democrats: The industrial and agricultural sectors, anything labour intensive

Capitalists on both sides fund their respective parties to ensure the victory of their profits and by corollary their industry.
    Hello and what did you do with Matt?

ReputationRep:
    I think I got Irish because I chose the beer options and the "meh, feck it" options. Lol
    Mine is quite accurate.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Anyone know the best place to make a website type thing for free?

I used matmice when I was like 11 :yes:
    I'll build you a website if you PM me what kind of thing you want.

Democrats: The industrial and agricultural sectors, anything labour intensive.
    They have the agricultural sector? I wouldn't of thought that but then again this is from a French view were a large amount of the core for the right are from the agricultural sector (well they were when I last checked ).

ReputationRep:
    They have the agricultural sector? I wouldn't of thought that but then again this is from a French view were a large amount of the core for the right are from the agricultural sector (well they were when I last checked ).
    Basically, labour-intensive industries like agriculture do not want foreign interference. See how protected US agriculture is. At the same time, capital-intensive industries want maximum free trade because they are not afraid of outsourcing and foreign imports. In the US this is a Democratic thing; it is nothing to do with right or left wing. The economic policy of neither Republican or Democrat is neither right nor left but in fact wholly decided by the donors who give to it.

ReputationRep:
    Hello and what did you do with Matt?
    :iiam:

ReputationRep:
    :iiam:
    You've gone all Teddy Roosevelt on us.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by DayneD89)
    I'll build you a website if you PM me what kind of thing you want.
    Thanks.

I will have a think as I wouldn't want you to go to effort making something I then didn't use :nope:

ReputationRep:
    You've gone all Teddy Roosevelt on us.
    A little more Bakunin than that.

ReputationRep:
    A little more Bakunin than that.
    Well then

Basically, labour-intensive industries like agriculture do not want foreign interference. See how protected US agriculture is. At the same time, capital-intensive industries want maximum free trade because they are not afraid of outsourcing and foreign imports. In the US this is a Democratic thing; it is nothing to do with right or left wing. The economic policy of neither Republican or Democrat is neither right nor left but in fact wholly decided by the donors who give to it.
    I don't think any agricultural industry wants foreign intervention although for some reason in the EU it is accepted somewhat... although I think that is to do with the money being thrown at them by the EU

ReputationRep:
    Well then

(note my user title, also)

ReputationRep:
    I don't think any agricultural industry wants foreign intervention although for some reason in the EU it is accepted somewhat... although I think that is to do with the money being thrown at them by the EU British Taxpayer
    Corrected.

Oh well off to bed now. Night.

(Original post by Teaddict)
    Corrected.

Oh well off to bed now. Night.
    For the last time, France puts 80% of what they put into CAP back into our agricultural sector... we spilt up the remaining 20% between other countries, Britain does not contribute as much as you seem to think... also I believe that the rebate covers your contribution to French agriculture.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.