Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Saw someone moaning about how he will get his state pension a year before his public sector pension. He raises a good point. Raise the state pension age as well.

ReputationRep:
    Had a fun chat with the hairdresser. Her phrase "Wasn't Blair a nice man" set me off for 10 minutes. We also covered how much she hates Thatcher, how Major was a backstabbing **** and how JFK cheated to win.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thunder and Jazz)
    Had a fun chat with the hairdresser. Her phrase "Wasn't Blair a nice man" set me off for 10 minutes. We also covered how much she hates Thatcher, how Major was a backstabbing **** and how JFK cheated to win.
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Mackenzie is lauding Murdoch's excellent capitalist qualities over in the Guardian. He conveniently forgets to mention the losers in capitalism.

Mackenzie is lauding Murdoch's excellent capitalist qualities over in the Guardian. He conveniently forgets to mention the losers in capitalism.
    Is there somewhere to read this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    Is there somewhere to read this?
    ... the Guardian?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...poly-news-corp

I feel like I'm always quoting the Guardian on here. I have like every national paper in the country on my feeds.

... the Guardian?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...poly-news-corp

I feel like I'm always quoting the Guardian on here. I have like every national paper in the country on my feeds.
    I knew that I saw searching for it and I couldn't find it... at least not immediately.

So Murdoch is allowed to take over Sky fully... meh makes no difference imo.

ReputationRep:
    Listening to this interview was like listening to a sat nav stuck at a roundabout

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-13971770

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes: Question Time is dull as.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Adorno)
    :rolleyes: Question Time is dull as.
    Who's on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCrackInTime)
    Who's on?
    I dunno, it's on in the background next door. I'm just zapping typos as my phd is handed in in the morning.

ReputationRep:
    Well I watched Question Time and to be honest it wasn't all that great.

Aside from the attractive woman asking the Afghanistan question and that stupid blonde woman, it wasn't all that exciting. I did agree with John Denham on the law and order issue though - the government has made a right mess of it.

In other news TSR is playing up -_-

ReputationRep:
    Haven't watched QT for a good month now.

ReputationRep:
    I also have a suspicion that Richard Lambert was in fact Barty Crouch Jnr - did you see him? The weird tongue movement he did? It's a dead give away.

OH and of course the audience was as biased as ****.

ReputationRep:

When I go to the Google+ Site:
    Oops... you need a Google Profile to use this feature.

then

Google Profiles is not available for your organisation.
    :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Haven't watched QT for a good month now.
    Wha've I done this time?

So watching a film that slipped under my radar called Camping from 2006 and my god it is funny... wish I had seen it sooner tbh, the casual hatred towards the Dutch people at the beginning was :lol:

And people say the French can't do comedy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adorno)
    Wha've I done this time?
    Hmm?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    So watching a film that slipped under my radar called Camping from 2006 and my god it is funny... wish I had seen it sooner tbh, the casual hatred towards the Dutch people at the beginning was :lol:

And people say the French can't do comedy
    You generally can't.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.