Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thunder and Jazz)
    Not an opera buff tbh. I know Carmen, I know a little Verdi and Wagner, then some miscellaneous stuff. Jerry Springer the Opera, for example.
    Ah, so I can get away with talking nonsense then I despise opera vehemently and much prefer chamber or concert music.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adorno)
    Ah now, let him off for being wrong .
    He's wrong far too often. Needs the newspaper to the nose method.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, so I can get away with talking nonsense then I despise opera vehemently and much prefer chamber or concert music.
    Lol. Well played.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nothos)
    He's wrong far too often. Needs the newspaper to the nose method.
    Ah well, what I meant was saying French is **** in the manner he did requires you to say, literally: French, it is **** (le français, c'est de la merde). But meh, my attitude is more that it's quite a nice, expressive language to know and that it has awesome literature.

ReputationRep:
    My brother is such a tool. His girlfriend has essentially swindled him out of several grand, the last few hundred of which is because she stole his card a month and a half ago.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    My brother is such a tool. His girlfriend has essentially swindled him out of several grand, the last few hundred of which is because she stole his card a month and a half ago.
    Ether hes an idiot or shes really hot

ReputationRep:
    Getting used to married life then :rofl:

/sexism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    Ether hes an idiot or shes really hot
    Both. Mostly the former. He's so ****ing stupid.

ReputationRep:
    Getting used to married life then :rofl:

/sexism.
    Nope, that's basically married life.

Long term partner and I had tiff about a year ago and split up for a month. She kept my card and took most of my money :yy:

(And I couldn't cancel it as I wasn't at a permanent living place, so any replacement would just end up with her)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nothos)
    Nope, that's basically married life.

Long term partner and I had tiff about a year ago and split up for a month. She kept my card and took most of my money :yy:
    Yeah. I daresay that retail therapy helped there.

(And I couldn't cancel it as I wasn't at a permanent living place, so any replacement would just end up with her)
    Eh? You could just ask your bank to order into branch. So long as you have identification then you are able to get them that way. I had to do that once when I was at uni to stop it going home.

ReputationRep:
    Eh? You could just ask your bank to order into branch. So long as you have identification then you are able to get them that way. I had to do that once when I was at uni to stop it going home.
    Indeed so, but natwest apparently have a bizarre policy of not delivering to a branch within a certain period of changing your address, and since we'd recently moved, they wouldn't send the card to the closest branch.

Yeah polls are ****e.
    Agreed.
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    Français est merde
    :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    :lolwut:
    There's a certain irony in declaring French to be **** ... in French!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I now have somewhere to live

I need some net curtains, forgot my fan (FML) and can't afford much food but I do have a bed and some internet.

ReputationRep:
    Good one Paddy, where s it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    I now have somewhere to live

I need some net curtains, forgot my fan (FML) and can't afford much food but I do have a bed and some internet.
    You can look at pictures of food on the internet
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    You can look at pictures of food on the internet
    My GF went to Asda on her way to mine and got some stuff so I won't be dying any time soon. Will order a big asda shop soon. I need to move someone stuff out of a cupboard though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    My GF went to Asda on her way to mine and got some stuff so I won't be dying any time soon. Will order a big asda shop soon. I need to move someone stuff out of a cupboard though.
    Getting Fridgey with it, I see.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Getting Fridgey with it, I see.
    :sexface:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Anyone here been to, or currently studying at the University of Leicester?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.