Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:

Seems appropriate somehow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidmarsh01)
    And because Brown doesn't have much style so him and his party get voted out :facepalm2:
    Well that was a factor but hardly the most important one.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Never give up on your stupid stupid dreams.

I'd like this written on my grave stone
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I remember all the talk about a possible snap election that Brown and Labour would have surely won. The Tories were languishing badly in the polls, and I don't think anyone could have been arsed with a regime change in the cold November nights anyway. People were all saying how great Brown was and stuff like that, then a year later when banks were failing and the economy was turning to dust everyone hated him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    old school.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Sofa Kineezy)
    old school.
    The best kind of school:cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    The best kind of school:cool:
    True, what's happend to all those mockery comedies??

ReputationRep:
    This is hillarious:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/web-falls-i...with-dove.html

This cat is trying to sleep at this bird keeps on annoying it, the cat is obviously very patient and occasionally lashes out but other than that doesn't do a huge deal.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    This is hillarious:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/web-falls-i...with-dove.html

This cat is trying to sleep at this bird keeps on annoying it, the cat is obviously very patient and occasionally lashes out but other than that doesn't do a huge deal.
    That dove is awesome.

ReputationRep:
    Just got an expenses form for some work I'm doing Saturday. I could totally rip off my local council now.

Brb claiming for moat.

ReputationRep:
    Good riddance to the departure of NOTW.

The News of the World has been shut down... this is a disgrace, Rebecca Brooks should of stepped down, not had NotW close down, how dare she! Innocent journalist are going to lose their jobs. Cameron needs to look at his practices and why he is not speaking for the people....

Ed Mili**** should step down imo.

ReputationRep:
    Eh. Murdoch's not bothered then.

(Original post by Thunder and Jazz)
    Eh. Murdoch's not bothered then.
    Not really, it is more about the BSkyB takeover going down the toilet than anything else as NotW scandals have damaged the potential takeover.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    The News of the World has been shut down... this is a disgrace, Rebecca Brooks should of stepped down, not had NotW close down, how dare she! Innocent journalist are going to lose their jobs. Cameron needs to look at his practices and why he is not speaking for the people....

Ed Mili**** should step down imo.
    Damn right! They should have sacked that Brooks *****.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I blame the parents. And the communists.

(Original post by Ham and Cheese)
    Damn right! They should have sacked that Brooks *****.
    Senior News International/NOTW staff are going to be arrested apparently... I don't know how true that is at someone said it without sourcing
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    I blame the parents. And the communists.
    Communist ruin everything :mad:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    Senior News International/NOTW staff are going to be arrested apparently... I don't know how true that is at someone said it without sourcing

Communist ruin everything :mad:
    And the Lolbertarians.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adorno)
    See, you're doing it just as much as you complain Labour did / do.
    What be political? Unlike Labour though I am not playing politics with the nations economy.

The Tory policies were not wonderful, they starved investment from schools and hospitals and kept large parts of the country underdeveloped. Moreover, Tory policies were grounded in a hands-off approach to the banks, to privatisation, and to things of that sort. There was a good budget to hand to Labour because the Tories had just sold off the railways. A short-term move which has had catastrophic long-term effects.
    In regards to the railways I thought my sympathy for nationalised transport was well known?

Why would you have expected anything else from me? I believe strongly in the European social democratic model. Tax high, spend high.
    Indeed - believe it or not I caught on to your politics a while back :cool:

Tea, Keele's lecturers are going to eat you for breakfast
    Why?

(Original post by Aj12)
    I love it - I first saw it a while back, brilliant.

Oh it's true, Labour did pretty badly. I just get mildly irritated by people who say the recession was their fault (or the fault of the Tories).
    Oh no - governments can exacerbate a recession through bad policy but given our economic system as recession is inevitable.

ReputationRep:
    You were making various silly comments about Labour being political all the time and the Tories not. Usually when this happens at Keele we grab popcorn.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.