Turn on thread page Beta
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Thunder and Jazz)
    Oh no clearly the NoW is hugely corrupt and not a great paper any more. But there;s plenty of history there.
    I don't think its a good reason for keeping something though, at least not if that something has spent its recent history stooping to the depths of morality (does that even make sense? It sounds nice though) to produce a story.

(Original post by tehFrance)
    Fixed
    Waiting for the paper trail to some higher ups. Also that chief editor was meant to have a serious close relationship with Murdock. Shagging your way to the top?

Murdock likes the curly ones.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.epolitix.com/1832-blog/bl...wife-pleasure/

David Cameron: "I feel that a very big part of my life is spent trying to give pleasure to Mrs Bone. On this occasion, I can go only so far".

Not the best choice of words :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    Haha have you guys seen this: http://twitter.com/#!/MrsJennieBone

Impersonation of the famous Mrs Bone

(Original post by Aj12)
    Waiting for the paper trail to some higher ups. Also that chief editor was meant to have a serious close relationship with Murdock. Shagging your way to the top?

Murdock likes the curly ones.
    Why do you keep spelling his name wrong? it is Murdoch with a H....
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Why do you keep spelling his name wrong? it is Murdoch with a H....
    Stop picking up on my spelling errors.

(Original post by Aj12)
    Stop picking up on my spelling errors.
    I can't help it :sad:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer

Nearly forgot about this :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I can't help it :sad:
    I didn't know you were on telly:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-14029158

ReputationRep:
    I feel flattered - I was asked again if I wish to stand as a local Councillor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)

Nearly forgot about this :lol:
    Wut :indiff:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador

Lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adorno)

Please rate some other members before rating this member again

(Original post by Adorno)

I don't like him but he has a point regarding strikes.

Britain don't become France, follow Germany's Economic Model and their respect for not striking over not enough sugar :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    I don't like him but he has a point regarding strikes.

Britain don't become France, follow Germany's Economic Model and their respect for not striking over not enough sugar :pierre:
    I was in Italy once for a conference over the weekend of the 1st of May celebrations and the afternoon before the bank holiday every bus in Florence went on strike. They guys at the university said oh well it always happens: they start the party early. Madness but in a way quite quaint.

ReputationRep:
    It makes me angry how anyone can ever oppose Britain's foreign aid

(Original post by davidmarsh01)
    It makes me angry how anyone can ever oppose Britain's foreign aid
    I oppose foreign aid... there is aid going to Russia, China and other places were it does not help those that are in need

Scrap it or make it so it reaches those in need I say!

ReputationRep:
    I oppose foreign aid... there is aid going to Russia, China and other places were it does not help those that are in need

Scrap it or make it so it reaches those in need I say!
    Then you don't oppose foreign aid do you? You think it should be reformed so that it goes to the people who are most in need.

Or if I'm wrong and you actually oppose one of the richest countries in the world giving aid to those who truly need it then you're a moron.

(Original post by davidmarsh01)
    Then you don't oppose foreign aid do you? You think it should be reformed so that it goes to the people who are most in need.

Or if I'm wrong and you actually oppose one of the richest countries in the world giving aid to those who truly need it then you're a moron.
    I should of said I oppose it somewhat... I do feel it needs reform.

However at a time where the country is struggling, I see no reason for foreign aid to other countries as it is money that could be used to pay off the debts of the country or keep something that needs funding but it is going to be scrapped due to lack of funding.

Stop it until the country is back on its feet and able to give more.

ReputationRep:

However at a time where the country is struggling, I see no reason for foreign aid to other countries as it is money that could be used to pay off the debts of the country or keep something that needs funding but it is going to be scrapped due to lack of funding.

We're hardly struggling. Yes, there's debt and a deficit, but it's hardly like we're a failed state and can't afford anything. We're still one of the richest countries in the world, and we should do all we can in order to help those well off. While we're worrying about the deficit and the economy there's people in the world who are worrying about how they can get their next meal or if their children will ever be educated.

People say we shouldn't give money while we've got to make cuts but this is an absolute load of rubbish. Yes we have to make cuts, but we can still afford to give more aid, to help people manage to stay alive.

And waiting until our economy gets better is totally a great idea, **** the people who currently have it bad, let's not give them any help :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:

How's about we call international aid "bombing" and then we can magically find millions and millions of pounds to do it. :rolleyes:

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.