Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adorno)
    How's about we call international aid "bombing" and then we can magically find millions and millions of pounds to do it. :rolleyes:
    Please rate some other members before rating this member again.

Also, Teaddict negged me for what I said

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidmarsh01)

Also, Teaddict negged me for what I said
    No need to insult people with a different point of view :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    Hypocrite.

ReputationRep:
    Do you agree with tehfrance?

We're hardly struggling. Yes, there's debt and a deficit, but it's hardly like we're a failed state and can't afford anything. We're still one of the richest countries in the world, and we should do all we can in order to help those well off. While we're worrying about the deficit and the economy there's people in the world who are worrying about how they can get their next meal or if their children will ever be educated.

People say we shouldn't give money while we've got to make cuts but this is an absolute load of rubbish. Yes we have to make cuts, but we can still afford to give more aid, to help people manage to stay alive.

And waiting until our economy gets better is totally a great idea, **** the people who currently have it bad, let's not give them any help :rolleyes:
    We have different views, I won't relent and I doubt you will so lets agree to disagree
    How's about we call international aid "bombing" and then we can magically find millions and millions of pounds to do it. :rolleyes:
    If you wish but imo Britain (and France's) role in the Libyan civil war has gone too far, France is now dropping arms in ffs. They should both withdraw... waste of money.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    We have different views, I won't relent and I doubt you will so lets agree to disagree
    Surely the purpose of the HoC is to debate these things? In most topics we're not going to persuade the opposition, but we try anyway for the debate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    If you wish but imo Britain (and France's) role in the Libyan civil war has gone too far, France is now dropping arms in ffs. They should both withdraw... waste of money.
    That's an understatement. What France is doing is illegal according to the international arms embargo.

ReputationRep:
    Do you agree with tehfrance?
    Not really.

Hypocrite.
    Did you not notice the teehee smiley? That's why it was there...

:rolleyes:

Anyway, when was the last time I insulted someone (genuinely)? I called you a boring welsh git but that was because of an old discussion we had about spitting image and for no other reason.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    International aid is not based around an entire industry that is very good at lobbying for what it wants.

Although you seem to be the sort of person that would know all this already.

ReputationRep:
    Did you not notice the teehee smiley? That's why it was there...

:rolleyes:

Anyway, when was the last time I insulted someone (genuinely)? I called you a boring welsh git but that was because of an old discussion we had about spitting image and for no other reason.
    'Fraid I didn't coffee. On the latter point I've no idea when - I don't tend to keep tabs on people's insults - it's just that we're all actively engaged in insulting people on a daily basis just we should try and be a bit cleverer than moron. My last I think was snivelling pile of shrivelled smegma which I was quite proud of in an alliterative kind of way.

ReputationRep:
    'Fraid I didn't coffee.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    there has to be something very wrong with this
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/...xbridge-divide

either the old boys club remains or our state schools are failing at something

ReputationRep:

I won't take they are the best and brightest from those 4 schools :p:

ReputationRep:
    Our state schools suck /end

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robinson999)

They aren't. However there are issues that place limitations on entries from state schools and its not entirely the university's fault.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by robinson999)

Out of my entire secondary school year 1 person went to Oxbridge. Out of my entire sixth form college year 6 people went. I apparently went to one of the best state colleges in the area.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Anyone play erepublik?

ReputationRep:
    We got 2 into Oxford doing Economics and Management and 2 into Cambridge doing Arabic and Middle Eastern Studies and Physics.

Also got a good number of medics. Which isn't too shabby for a state school.

ReputationRep:
    They aren't. However there are issues that place limitations on entries from state schools and its not entirely the university's fault.
    i wonder what they are

(Original post by Aj12)
    Out of my entire secondary school year 1 person went to Oxbridge. Out of my entire sixth form college year 6 people went. I apparently went to one of the best state colleges in the area.
    1 person is 100% more than my sixth form, from those that applied and went to uni from my 6th form 3 of us went to Essex which was the highest placed uni people went to in my year, shocking really
    mine was meant to be one of the best at the time, and it was on ofsted special measures, a very typical inter city london school in a work class area, failing

don't see anything changing

ha the data on the stutton trust website, is N/a for my old school

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.