Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by cambo211)
    To have that sort of money :moon:
    It isn't that much.
    (Original post by Adorno)
    There's no demand for people interested in the history of the United Kingdom.
    Go abroad?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    It isn't that much.
    To have $300+ that i can afford to invest on a whim is a luxury i really don't have.

ReputationRep:
    Go abroad?
    Easier said than done, I'm afraid. Most american universities - particularly those run by the state - have a freeze on employment and in Canada things aren't so rosy either. Australia is the best bet but again it's having the option and you're taking a job from an Australian who might well need it too. But the problem stands everywhere: British history is no longer important.

To have $300+ that i can afford to invest on a whim is a luxury i really don't have.
    It is apart of my investment money... a job does wonders you kow
    Easier said than done, I'm afraid. Most american universities - particularly those run by the state - have a freeze on employment and in Canada things aren't so rosy either. Australia is the best bet but again it's having the option and you're taking a job from an Australian who might well need it too. But the problem stands everywhere: British history is no longer important.
    Oh no taking a job from someone else. heaven forbid :rolleyes: if you are better qualified then it is okay imo.

IDK so you JSAing it then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thunder and Jazz)
    Mm, I'm making my brother sign up for JSA because then he's slightly more likely to actually get off his ass and go find some training while he's lounging about with his ex.

*grumble*
    Why is he sitting on a donkey?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    Why is he sitting on a donkey?
    :tumble: :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    Oh no taking a job from someone else. heaven forbid :rolleyes: if you are better qualified then it is okay imo.

IDK so you JSAing it then?
    Well yes I appreciate the sentiment. Not JSA-ing as I wouldn't be allowed to, I saved up money for just such an eventuality at the end of my degree(s) so I'll be alright for a bit just it will run out eventually and there are no signs that Britain is any further out of recession than it was 2 years ago.

ReputationRep:
    It is apart of my investment money... a job does wonders you kow
    Oh i know a job does wonders.

But when i need money to pay the summers rent and then money to put towards the first terms rent it really is a luxury that i cant justify.

Well yes I appreciate the sentiment. Not JSA-ing as I wouldn't be allowed to, I saved up money for just such an eventuality at the end of my degree(s) so I'll be alright for a bit just it will run out eventually and there are no signs that Britain is any further out of recession than it was 2 years ago.
    Britain won't be out for a good while yet. Why aren't you allowed to JSA it up? some immigrant can so why not you?
    Oh i know a job does wonders.

But when i need money to pay the summers rent and then money to put towards the first terms rent it really is a luxury that i cant justify.
    Oh okay

OOOoooo Youtube HD Music Videos are downloadable :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Britain won't be out for a good while yet. Why aren't you allowed to JSA it up? some immigrant can so why not you?
    :facepalm2:

(Original post by davidmarsh01)
    :facepalm2:
    What is the facepalm for?

When I said "Britain won't be out for a good while yet" I meant it won't be getting any better for a long time yet, I doubt we will see pre-recession growth until 2014+ and the 2014 is if we are lucky.

Britain is still feeling the effects and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

Or was it the JSA comment?

ReputationRep:
    What is the facepalm for?

When I said "Britain won't be out for a good while yet" I meant it won't be getting any better for a long time yet, I doubt we will see pre-recession growth until 2014+ and the 2014 is if we are lucky.

Britain is still feeling the effects and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.
    I agree with that part of the post, I was facepalming at the bit about you're whole "immigrants come over here and take JSA and why can't you get it?" thing.

I agree with that part of the post, I was facepalming at the bit about you're whole "immigrants come over here and take JSA and why can't you get it?" thing.
    I take it you don't visit the job centre or walk past it? all I see is immigrants and I was in hospital the other day and low and behold an immigrant got free medication while I had to pay

These people come over here, don't steal our jobs, sponge of the state and lead to nothing positive for the country.

ReputationRep:
    I take it you don't visit the job centre or walk past it? all I see is immigrants and I was in hospital the other day and low and behold an immigrant got free medication while I had to pay

These people come over here, don't steal our jobs, sponge of the state and lead to nothing positive for the country.
    You're an immigrant, froggy

(Original post by Jace Falco)
    You're an immigrant, froggy
    Technically I'm not, I am half-English so... also I have a job and pay taxes

ReputationRep:

Love a bit of xenophobia.

ReputationRep:
    Love a bit of xenophobia.
    He is guilty of mass generalisations not xenophobia.

ReputationRep:
    What is it with you taking issue to my posts today? :p:

Mixture of both, really.

ReputationRep:
    What is it with you taking issue to my posts today? :p:
    Meh your comments have recently dawned upon me, like a beasts sharp claws digging into the side of my head like a particularly sweet cup of tea.

(Original post by Stricof)
    Mixture of both, really.
    Immigrants come to Britain and take jobs that could otherwise go to British workers

^^ Is that xenophobic?

[Remember the above quote ]

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.