Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Commons Bar Mk IV watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arabcnesbit)
    Cheers for the unicameral federalism 101.

Do you think a system like this but European wide would work then? So getting rid of the UK and just having England, Scotland etc as federations within Europe as opposed to the UK?
    Short answer is yes but I'm quite happy for a federal Europe to come into existence to be honest. It makes way more sense than the current mess and independence of action is a thing of the past on our Continent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adorno)
    Short answer is yes but I'm quite happy for a federal Europe to come into existence to be honest. It makes way more sense than the current mess and independence of action is a thing of the past on our Continent.
    Yeah I actually think a federal Europe wouldn't be a bad thing either, although no way near how the current EU operates.

I just don't see the point of a separate UK entity within it. Also I can't see how a central fiscal and monetary policy can work. It hasn't within the Eurozone countries or the USA.

Do you think you can have a federal system with no central control of economic policy?

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: Just got called a fascist by the Conservative blogger Iain Dale :lol:

ReputationRep:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/reli...ring-veil.html

^^ Why do these people receive tax payer money?

ReputationRep:
    Is 8am too early for pizza?

In other news, I though the whole point of charities was that giving to them was voluntary http://fakecharities.org/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adamrules247)
    :rofl: Just got called a fascist by the Conservative blogger Iain Dale :lol:
    Your comment was a bit off, no?

"...And your lefty straw men and anti science arguments ('I was born this way') vindicated Lynette's position."

What you have written here is utter crap to be honest and she acknowledges that people are born that way. Furthermore, her "stomach-heaving" comments are particularly vile. Do you agree with her?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Musty_Elbow)
    Is 8am too early for pizza?

In other news, I though the whole point of charities was that giving to them was voluntary http://fakecharities.org/
    Interesting. Where does welfare end and charity begin if the government props up these charities?

Isn't welfare just involuntary charity?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Really can't be bothered to do all the stuff I need to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    Really can't be bothered to do all the stuff I need to do.
    Same. I've turned to drinking G&T instead. I've even succumbed to watching Glee. I need help.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Same. I've turned to drinking G&T instead. I've even succumbed to watching Glee. I need help.
    I have no alcohol.

I'm watching the extended version of return of the king and generally procrastinating/looking for jobs.

I have a whole years worth of work to learn in a month but I just cba.

ReputationRep:
    I have no alcohol.

I'm watching the extended version of return of the king and generally procrastinating/looking for jobs.

I have a whole years worth of work to learn in a month but I just cba.
    Wow, return of the king is long even when it isn't extended. Thats about 4 hours surely!

I have to go back to Uni today, I haven't started packing, and I have exams on teh whole of first and second year in a month too! Alcohol is my way of forgetting about it. You should buy some
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Wow, return of the king is long even when it isn't extended. Thats about 4 hours surely!

I have to go back to Uni today, I haven't started packing, and I have exams on teh whole of first and second year in a month too! Alcohol is my way of forgetting about it. You should buy some
    4 hours 15 minutes or so. Brilliant film though.

Oh I see, I'm there already. Have all sorts to do. I should, and it is always tempting, but if I buy some I will drink it and then go and get more and soon will be very drunk and even poorer. I may go and grab a crate of beer though.

ReputationRep:
    4 hours 15 minutes or so. Brilliant film though.

Oh I see, I'm there already. Have all sorts to do. I should, and it is always tempting, but if I buy some I will drink it and then go and get more and soon will be very drunk and even poorer. I may go and grab a crate of beer though.
    Do it. Now.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Do it. Now.
    Stop tempting me :{

ReputationRep:
    Friday night - Pizza for dinner
    Last night (Saturday) - Pizza for dinner
    Today (Sunday) - Pizza for Lunch.

Excellent :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    Friday night - Pizza for dinner
    Last night (Saturday) - Pizza for dinner
    Today (Sunday) - Pizza for Lunch.

Excellent :yy:
    Yesterday: Pizza for lunch and dinner.

A good day.

ReputationRep:
    Check this out:

:lolwut: :lolwut: :lolwut:

Someone tell me that's a spoof....please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    Check this out:

:lolwut: :lolwut: :lolwut:

Someone tell me that's a spoof....please
    They are calling Sarah Palin the female version of Ronald Reagan of course it's a spoof. Palin has nothing on Reagan.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    You know the most disappointing thing about LOTR is that the Dwarfs don't get involved.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    They are calling Sarah Palin the female version of Ronald Reagan of course it's a spoof. Palin has nothing on Reagan.
    Well that does tend to be the republican party's way of judging candidates: how high they rank on the reagan scale.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.