Turn on thread page Beta
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    It is recommended that one does prepare in advance, ideally I'd go to a London Uni for Economics as they have more sway across the pond but unfortunately those unis do not have business track like HEC, EDHEC or other EU unis :sad:

Still as long as I end up with a job that pays well I will be happy
    Indeed. but I'm drunk diddigly drunk so you knwow. Good luck nd all. babahah you love spelling msitkes so corrrect htis

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    One of course should appreciate that budgets are constrained; we wouldn't be in today's predicament if the government of old was more constrained in it's spending. Cultural provisions are always ignored, which is an absolute shame really - cultural heritage and national identity are important and should be treated as such.
    This is the typical Tory argument, whenever a conservative minister is questioned about their reckless cuts all they say is "Labour left us in this mess!" without actually providing any justification for their cuts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adorno)
    4. Oxford and Cambridge are after people who, for the most part, are able to cope with the pressured environment of having to do 1500 - 2000 word essays every week. Over the course of every term, for example, I produced 16,000 words.
    My idea of heaven :coma:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Nothos)
    My idea of heaven :coma:
    Did you actually go to university?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    Did you actually go to university?
    I did, and I loved, with a fiery passion, writing essays. I could whack out a high 2:1/First 2000 word essay in two hours.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I did, and I loved, with a fiery passion, writing essays. I could whack out a high 2:1/First 2000 word essay in two hours.
    Yea I do that all the time (longer essays though, lol), but don't enjoy doing it to be honest - I would imagine it helps if you do.

Where did you go and what did you do? Something in the back of my head is telling me you dropped out of one of the fringe London universities but I have no idea where this has come from.

ReputationRep:
    Yea I do that all the time (longer essays though, lol), but don't enjoy doing it to be honest - I would imagine it helps if you do.

Where did you go and what did you do? Something in the back of my head is telling me you dropped out of one of the fringe London universities but I have no idea where this has come from.
    The only reason I could pull it off was because I would, as a result of my bipolar, have regular manic phases which made essays a piece of piss. :ahee:

You are correct, though. I dropped out of Greenwich university due to failing because of being hospital during exams as a result of having psychotic episodes where I heard my dad telling me to kill myself amongst other things :yy:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    The only reason I could pull it off was because I would, as a result of my bipolar, have regular manic phases which made essays a piece of piss. :ahee:

You are correct, though. I dropped out of Greenwich university due to failing because of being hospital during exams as a result of having psychotic episodes where I heard my dad telling me to kill myself amongst other things :yy:
    I'm just good at writing essays I suppose - there were no manic phases just me begrudgingly writing them after having no sleep a couple of hours before the deadline. I wish I enjoyed them - or maybe I should get me some of that bipolar

I guess I must have seen you talk about it before then as it was clearly in my head somewhere. Bad times, you considered going back or OU?

ReputationRep:
    Just sorted everything out so I now have a custom usertitle and bigger avatar I was going to change my avatar but I don't really know what I'd change it to.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by davidmarsh01)
    Just sorted everything out so I now have a custom usertitle and bigger avatar I was going to change my avatar but I don't really know what I'd change it to.
    You should.

Change it to something awesome.

Something pink.

Change it to a smurf. Or at least T'pol if you insist on a trek related avatar.

ReputationRep:
    I'm just good at writing essays I suppose - there were no manic phases just me begrudgingly writing them after having no sleep a couple of hours before the deadline. I wish I enjoyed them - or maybe I should get me some of that bipolar

I guess I must have seen you talk about it before then as it was clearly in my head somewhere. Bad times, you considered going back or OU?
    Trust me, you don't want bipolar

As for uni, applying for a course in mental health nursing
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Trust me, you don't want bipolar

As for uni, applying for a course in mental health nursing
    Well currently I am always the useless, unproductive part - I wouldn't mind the occasional mania during which I could get lots done. :moon:

Awesome, not paid very well though I don't think

ReputationRep:
    You should.

Change it to something awesome.

Something pink.

Change it to a smurf. Or at least T'pol if you insist on a trek related avatar.
    I don't insist on a star trek avatar at all - it's just there for the facepalm :lol:

ReputationRep:
    This is the typical Tory argument, whenever a conservative minister is questioned about their reckless cuts all they say is "Labour left us in this mess!" without actually providing any justification for their cuts.
    The fact of the matter is that the last Labour government engaged in a mass proliferation of public expenditure whilst ignoring the states ability to pay for it. The results of such reckless irresponsibility is the current economic climate. Due to the state of the public finances, the fact that we are borrowing one pound in every four means that we have little choice than to cut public expenditure.

If the Labour government was more responsible, kept to the expenditure trends set out in the Tory budgets; which they followed for several years, we wouldn't be in this predicament.

:cool:

Haha I love doing that - now time for the real answer:

You really need to read more of my posts davidmarsh01, you really do. I have criticised the coalitions cuts a lot. The fact remains that the last Labour government did leave a bloody mess, that's undeniable. However, where ministers are wrong is where they say they have no choice - *******s. The second you start talking about protecting budgets you have a choice and you made a choice.

This government made the choice to protect health spending and to protect international development. By merely protecting budgets, they have shown that they have choices. That our situation isn't that dire that we cannot protect a budget or two - I think they protected the wrong budgets, I think some of their policies are wrong and should reverse them.

I think you should keep your current avatar - it means I don't have to facepalm when you make a post, it's already there :ahee:

. I wish I enjoyed them
    I think it depends on the essay to be honest - I know college isn't the same as University but the point I am making the difference doesn't matter.

We had to write an essay on organisations like the world bank and the IMF - frankly I didn't give a crap about these organisations; no interest what so ever, so most of my work on these were B/C. When we came to essays on the Common Agricultural Policy, The Euro, EU institutions etc I would consistently get As because I enjoyed them more which meant I took more care over the essay; it would have been outrageous to give in a bad essay on my favourite topics.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I don't insist on a star trek avatar at all - it's just there for the facepalm :lol:
    Change it :hand:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    The fact of the matter is that the last Labour government engaged in a mass proliferation of public expenditure whilst ignoring the states ability to pay for it. The results of such reckless irresponsibility is the current economic climate. Due to the state of the public finances, the fact that we are borrowing one pound in every four means that we have little choice than to cut public expenditure.

If the Labour government was more responsible, kept to the expenditure trends set out in the Tory budgets; which they followed for several years, we wouldn't be in this predicament.

:cool:

Haha I love doing that - now time for the real answer:

You really need to read more of my posts davidmarsh01, you really do. I have criticised the coalitions cuts a lot. The fact remains that the last Labour government did leave a bloody mess, that's undeniable. However, where ministers are wrong is where they say they have no choice - *******s. The second you start talking about protecting budgets you have a choice and you made a choice.

This government made the choice to protect health spending and to protect international development. By merely protecting budgets, they have shown that they have choices. That our situation isn't that dire that we cannot protect a budget or two - I think they protected the wrong budgets, I think some of their policies are wrong and should reverse them.

I think you should keep your current avatar - it means I don't have to facepalm when you make a post, it's already there :ahee:

I think it depends on the essay to be honest - I know college isn't the same as University but the point I am making the difference doesn't matter.

We had to write an essay on organisations like the world bank and the IMF - frankly I didn't give a crap about these organisations; no interest what so ever, so most of my work on these were B/C. When we came to essays on the Common Agricultural Policy, The Euro, EU institutions etc I would consistently get As because I enjoyed them more which meant I took more care over the essay; it would have been outrageous to give in a bad essay on my favourite topics.
    My essays are pretty crap but I do okay anyway lol.

ReputationRep:
    My essays are pretty crap but I do okay anyway lol.
    Fair enough - you make it sound like you just whiz through them. Sometimes on TSR, people who write that, I just think "oh **** off will you, you lying <insert extremely offensive profanity>"

ReputationRep:
    Change it :hand:
    To what though? :moon:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    God I feel like ****. Really should stop coming on TSR pissed.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Fair enough - you make it sound like you just whiz through them. Sometimes on TSR, people who write that, I just think &quot;oh **** off will you, you lying &lt;insert extremely offensive profanity&gt;&quot;
    I do just whiz through them to be honest - hence why I think they are crap. You can assume I'm lying if you want though, lol (I think about about many people who say it as well).

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.