Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robinson999)
    why?

if she stopped people being paid for it you can see why people don't want to do it

the issue with english football are far deeper, and will bore people
    Personally I would never volunteer my services to the local community - help out at the local activity centre? haha no way. I would rather my children were playing in the roads, throwing stones at cars and acting like little monsters.

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    Yes well investment is easy when you spend beyond your means - At least this time we aren't going cap in hand to the IMF.
    You're like a ****ing stuck record.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AreYouDizzeeBlud_x)
    You're the racist, hence why I made the comment on your profile.

You neg repped a post that I made against racism which clearly means you don't agree with anti racism.

Not that im bothered if you wish to be an ignorant person. That's your own prerogative, not mine.

I gave you neg rep for your post in this thread, no attachment to the other thing.
    So because I negged you I am racist? Did you ever stop to actually think why you get negged? perhaps because your post was unbelievably biased and suggested heavily that only white people can be guilty of racism.

But you are right, I don't agree with anti-racism. In most cases, the people who spout the crap are people I have absolutely no time for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adorno)
    You're like a ****ing stuck record.
    :facepalm2:

There was an emoticon there... really Adorno, really....
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by DayneD89)
    We're over 9k posts, looks like IV is starting to come towards its end. Another commons bar enters it's twilight years (weeks), another is conceived in the mind of the HoC speaker, soon to be born as 'The Commons Bar MK V'...

Who remembers the first and original Commons Bar?
    Not the first, but I've been around since Mk II.

ReputationRep:
    Why did you neg a post against racism then? Obviously you're the racist. Now please stop quoting me as I have more serious concerns to deal with other than someone on the internet who is an ignorant racist.
    How about you post where I can actually reply properly - you have disabled comments on your profile. I negged your post because you heavily implied that only white people are capable of racism. To me that makes you a racist.

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm2:

There was an emoticon there... really Adorno, really....
    I couldn't care less if there was a pixar movie's worth of graphic imagery, the fact is if I (or anyone else for that matter) try and have a sensible conversation with you about this kind of field - or, in fact, most things - and instead of conversing you throw open smart-alec comments about this or that. It either betrays a complete lack of knowledge (and an attempt to appear smarter than you actually are) or just a complete waste of anyone's time trying to engage you on a subject. Either way, you either wish to discuss things and are here for that reason or you are just a troll. I used to believe the former, now I'm not so sure.

ReputationRep:
    So because I negged you I am racist? Did you ever stop to actually think why you get negged? perhaps because your post was unbelievably biased and suggested heavily that only white people can be guilty of racism.
    No it never stated that at all. That's your own warped interpretation of it. Obviously ethnic minorities can be racist towards white people, however, I was merely stating what I saw that day and had you read it properly you'd have understood that. Plus racism against ethnic minorities is a lot more prevalent than racism by ethnic minorities towards whites, thats a fact.

But you are right, I don't agree with anti-racism. In most cases, the people who spout the crap are people I have absolutely no time for.
    Then you're a pro-racist and therefore you are ignorant which fully explains why you negged my post about anti racism. Says a lot about you as a person.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by TheCrackInTime)
    Not the first, but I've been around since Mk II.
    I remember setting that one up. MK I was around for such a long time compared to the others. MK I lasted years.

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't care less if there was a pixar movie's worth of graphic imagery, the fact is if I (or anyone else for that matter) try and have a sensible conversation with you about this kind of field - or, in fact, most things - and instead of conversing you throw open smart-alec comments about this or that. It either betrays a complete lack of knowledge (and an attempt to appear smarter than you actually are) or just a complete waste of anyone's time trying to engage you on a subject.
    Adorno, it's fun

I expected decent debates on TSR when I first arrived but nope. Merely adapting to the surroundings.

ReputationRep:
    Personally I would never volunteer my services to the local community - help out at the local activity centre? haha no way. I would rather my children were playing in the roads, throwing stones at cars and acting like little monsters.

:rolleyes:
    Alot of people do, all the coaches I had when growing did it for free and out of their own time

now to do anything in sport with children you have to have coach coaching badges and be all checked out its not cheap

ReputationRep:
    How about you post where I can actually reply properly - you have disabled comments on your profile. I negged your post because you heavily implied that only white people are capable of racism. To me that makes you a racist.
    Learn to read. I never implied that at all. I just gave an account of what I saw and its a fact that racism towards ethnic minorities happens a lot more than against white people by ethnic minorities.

I never stated anywhere in that post that its only white people who are racist. You interpreted it that way because you can't understand a point properly like the other people did. That's a fault of your own, no one elses.

ReputationRep:
    No it never stated that at all. That's your own warped interpretation of it. Obviously ethnic minorities can be racist towards white people, however, I was merely stating what I saw that day and had you read it properly you'd have understood that. Plus racism against ethnic minorities is a lot more prevalent than racism by ethnic minorities towards whites, thats a fact.
    Really?

Then you're a pro-racist and therefore you are ignorant which fully explains why you negged my post about anti racism. Says a lot about you as a person.
    Take United Against Fascism - I oppose them for many reasons, but just because I oppose them doesn't make me a fascist. I just consider them as bad as those they protest against.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robinson999)
    Alot of people do, all the coaches I had when growing did it for free and out of their own time

now to do anything in sport with children you have to have coach coaching badges and be all checked out its not cheap
    I quite agree with you on this - For some perverse reason, the government of this country has looked upon those that wish to help out with children as some negative individual. You go through a series of intrusive checks because you just want to help out - not only is that unfair on those that want to help out but I bet a great deal of people are put off by it.

I am not sure who is to blame for this culture, but it certainly needs to stop.

ReputationRep:
    Plus racism against ethnic minorities is a lot more prevalent than racism by ethnic minorities towards whites, thats a fact.
    Actually, that's probably an exaggeration based on a spurious notion of race in the first place. What is actually different between a person with black skin and a person with white skin? Nothing save for the fact that our respective ancestors lived in parts of the world with an abundance of sunlight and a lack of sunlight. That's really it. All of the other circumstances which lend themselves to racial tension derive instead from relationships to wealth and social mobility. The reason why poorer folk are "racist" isn't because of an inherent racism but instead because they are fearful for their own situation. As a great, green man once said: fear leads to hate, hate leads to suffering. Race is, after all, a relationship and not a thing to be possessed by an individual. To understand the operation of that relationship is to overcome it, not to bounce around as "TSR's resident militant black guy" or "TSR's resident militant lower-caste Hindu" or even "TSR's resident militant Anglo-Catholic Tory".

ReputationRep:
    Really?
    Yes of course it is. Im not saying that only white people are racist, I've never said that because the fact is you do get racists from ethnic minorities.

Take United Against Fascism - I oppose them for many reasons, but just because I oppose them doesn't make me a fascist. I just consider them as bad as those they protest against.
    Most anti racists are nothing like UAF though so its an idiotic comparison. You're either anti-racist, pro-racist or someone who doesn't give two hoots. Someone who doesn't give two hoots is still very ignorant because they won't/choose not to, stand up to those who are racist and ignorant.

ReputationRep:
    Adorno, it's fun

I expected decent debates on TSR when I first arrived but nope. Merely adapting to the surroundings.
    Meh, well we're not all like that. Britain's failings in developing sport at the grassroots level date back decades and it's a discussion that needs to be had.

ReputationRep:
    Meh, well we're not all like that.
    Okay that is kinda true. Just for you Adorno, I will avoid the trolling comments.

ReputationRep:
    Actually, that's probably an exaggeration based on a spurious notion of race in the first place. What is actually different between a person with black skin and a person with white skin? Nothing save for the fact that our respective ancestors lived in parts of the world with an abundance of sunlight and a lack of sunlight. That's really it. All of the other circumstances which lend themselves to racial tension derive instead from relationships to wealth and social mobility. The reason why poorer folk are "racist" isn't because of an inherent racism but instead because they are fearful for their own situation. As a great, green man once said: fear leads to hate, hate leads to suffering. Race is, after all, a relationship and not a thing to be possessed by an individual. To understand the operation of that relationship is to overcome it, not to bounce around as "TSR's resident militant black guy" or "TSR's resident militant lower-caste Hindu" or even "TSR's resident militant Anglo-Catholic Tory".
    Whilst I agree with everything you said most racists are white and its always been the case. Out of all the black people and asian people I know, only 1 of them hates white people and thats because he's been racially abused and so on so acts that way back in retaliation. I know of quite a lot of white people who use racist terms in casual conversation which I think is ignorant and I stopped speaking to one person purely because of his ignorant attitude. Either way, I don't agree with racism.

My other thread was made because I've known of older people and teenagers but I was quite taken aback and disgusted by a young child being racist towards an old foreign woman living in the same street.

ReputationRep:
    I quite agree with you on this - For some perverse reason, the government of this country has looked upon those that wish to help out with children as some negative individual. You go through a series of intrusive checks because you just want to help out - not only is that unfair on those that want to help out but I bet a great deal of people are put off by it.

I am not sure who is to blame for this culture, but it certainly needs to stop.
    the smallest thing can stop you working with children, you may have had one silly drunken night and been caught doing something you shouldn't have

a old teacher of mine said they was interviewing a new teacher it came up on this CRB check that he was fined/ caught for peeing in the street

its good people are checked to some level

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.