ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Adorno)
    And who are you?
    An interested person.

Or perhaps your new stalker. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thunder and Jazz)
    In the job market, this is not universally true, though if I were you I wouldn't follow Frenchie's advice.

However, there's places that value academic skills. You know how to research, write, analyse etc. You'll be fine.
    Perhaps but you know me well enough to know that me teaching in a private school or doing IB is about as likely as a massive conversion to Catholicism. The trouble is, I think, that right now isn't the best time to be completing. Something will eventually turn up but it's probably not going to be something that I will enjoy a great deal or give me the freedom to write and work in the way that I would like to.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps but you know me well enough to know that me teaching in a private school or doing IB is about as likely as a massive conversion to Catholicism. The trouble is, I think, that right now isn't the best time to be completing. Something will eventually turn up but it's probably not going to be something that I will enjoy a great deal or give me the freedom to write and work in the way that I would like to.
    well no but that's reality isn't it. Likelihood is you're not going to really like the job you're in for several years. Generally speaking you're going to have to lump it and work in somewhere **** for a while until the opportunities appear. I fully expect to head straight to McDonalds after a Masters.

ReputationRep:

Mulan reference

ReputationRep:
    well no but that's reality isn't it. Likelihood is you're not going to really like the job you're in for several years. Generally speaking you're going to have to lump it and work in somewhere **** for a while until the opportunities appear. I fully expect to head straight to McDonalds after a Masters.
    Hehe, living where I live tescos or maccy d's wouldn't employ the likes of me - there are plenty of single mothers, teenage useless folk, and those working through their undergrad. The ubiquitous "overqualified" stigma. Sounds like an excuse, I know, but in an area with notoriously poor uptake of higher education someone with a complete set of degrees has kinda jumped over the cliff like a lemming.

ReputationRep:
    Hehe, living where I live tescos or maccy d's wouldn't employ the likes of me - there are plenty of single mothers, teenage useless folk, and those working through their undergrad. The ubiquitous "overqualified" stigma.
    It's the same where I am and there are graduates in various ****ty places. to be honest they probably would employ you if you approached them in the right way.

ReputationRep:
    It's the same where I am and there are graduates in various ****ty places. to be honest they probably would employ you if you approached them in the right way.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-14016177

Though.

ReputationRep:
    Yes but I think you're in a better position than some of those people.

ReputationRep:
    Yes but I think you're in a better position than some of those people.
    Your faith is probably misplaced. Those people desperately need a job and are almost certainly not as mobile as I could potentially be but to stay here right now is necessary and to run away for individual gain is unfair. Besides, if push came to shove are they going to employ a person who would go at the slightest opportunity or one who would work in those kinds of jobs for a long time? The latter, I'm pretty sure.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Do you think Nick Griffin or Anjem Choudray ever get home and just do this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ham and Cheese)
    I do not look like a 3 year old you **** and neither do I date them we have had this argument before and we concluded that French women are usually smoke filled ugos. However I have made an exceptions for some of then today :P
    We've also had the argument that either you're a sexist pig, or have a freakishly terrible sense of humour before, but you don't seem to have taken anything away from it...

I don't think you need to worry about going around and making exceptions for people anyway dear

EDIT: Nice SPAG too :yy:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Nah, that's going a little too far in the confession...
    You enigma

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14091873

You gotta love new technology
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Watching Camelot. Good series so far.

Shall order pizza in a little bit before I run out of things to watch.

Perfect Pizza - don't think I've tried them before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)

Perfect pizza are decent :yy: Not quite as yummy as pizza hut, but less greasy! (Then again, a kilo of lard is less greasy than pizza hut...)

ReputationRep:

Perfect pizza are lush. £21 for two XL pizzas, BBQ wings, garlic bread and wedges :coma:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by paperclip)
    Perfect pizza are decent :yy: Not quite as yummy as pizza hut, but less greasy! (Then again, a kilo of lard is less greasy than pizza hut...)
    Haha this is true. I usually get dominos because I had half price vouchers. Man I is hungry.

(Original post by Nothos)
    Perfect pizza are lush. £21 for two XL pizzas, BBQ wings, garlic bread and wedges :coma:
    I have a voucher menu so it doesn't have any deals. I shall have to look online to see if I can find that one.

They look really good in the pictures of course

I'm thinkiginh Smokey BBQ and Meatwave.

Edit: Found it - that is Large not Xlarge apparently. XLarge is 24 pound.

ReputationRep:
    How about this as my new signature:

• PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I assume you mean avatar, and no.

ReputationRep:
    I assume you mean avatar, and no.
    Yes I meant avatar - that picture is of a statue in Georgia - it's kinda creepy.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.