Turn on thread page Beta
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by davidmarsh01)
    I <3 HTC
    As do I.

Getting the Desire HD was a good decision.

(Original post by Jace Falco)
    Speaking of French films and action films that are better than Transformers, I'd be happier spending my time watching Les Aventures extraordinaires d'Adèle Blanc-Sec. Satisfying action sequences, funny characters and dialogue, a plot that is engaging if not very believable, and the female protagonist actually gets her norks out.
    Louise Bourgoin :love: I loved that film too

ReputationRep:
    I pay £2 for the cinema at uni.

Sure it shows the films from the last term but for £2 you certainly can't complain. It was voted best uni cinema in the country IIRC.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    My favorite french film is The Choir.

(Original post by paddy__power)
    My favorite french film is The Choir.
    Are you sure that is what it is called

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    Louise Bourgoin :love: I loved that film too
    She's gorgeous :daydreaming:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Are you sure that is what it is called
    No, but it was something like that.

Edit: google tells me chorus

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ham and Cheese)
    I don't watch Transformers because I'm 18 and I'm an adult now its just looks generally **** from what I have seen in the commercial.
    You'll be a proper adult when you realise that childrens things can be exceptionally fun.

Of all the children we asked at Glastonbury, none of them knew who Rastamouse was. Every single adult knew of rastamouse

Realism is bloody boring, do you not like any fantasy or sci-fi? Most comedy isn't realistic either actually, WHAT do you watch? o.O

No, but it was something like that.

Edit: google tells me chorus
    Congratulations

New season of Curb Your Enthusiasm in 1080i

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paperclip)
    Of all the children we asked at Glastonbury, none of them knew who Rastamouse was. Every single adult knew of rastamouse
    They hadn't even heard of President Wensleydale? The poor children.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ajp100688)
    Also any teenager that has shares has too much money, true story.
    *******s

(Original post by Teaddict)
    Since when was the Cinema £8 :s
    For quite a while. I vaguely remember a time when I could pay for two tickets for £10 or just over. Now with one adult ticket being almost £9 around my area it's almost £20 for two adult tickets.
    It's a rip off

TSR works easily on my phone :cool:
    Likewise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jesusandtequila)
    They hadn't even heard of President Wensleydale? The poor children.
    I know, they're missing out on so much! :sad:

It was funny when all the adults were having a proper rastamouse discussion round our camp, and the kids had no idea what anyone was on about!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    For quite a while. I vaguely remember a time when I could pay for two tickets for £10 or just over. Now with one adult ticket being almost £9 around my area it's almost £20 for two adult tickets.
    It's a rip off
    Screw that. I will watch the film at home :cool:

But wouldn't you miss the experience? sitting next to smelly people, people that don't shut up and those that are behind you with their feet on your head... ah good times

ReputationRep:
    But wouldn't you miss the experience? sitting next to smelly people, people that don't shut up and those that are behind you with their feet on your head... ah good times
    I would rather sit at home in front of a 40" TV screen, with cold drinks/tea and snacks whenever I want, whilst eating a Domino's meteor pizza, garlic sauce and garlic bread.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly, unless it's a film I really want to see. One which not only has a lot of hype but that interests me greatly.
    There have been some which I have wanted to see at the movies but have not been able to, and later been glad. One example is the "A-Team" movie. I was and am a big fan of the original series so I really wanted to go see it at the movies but I missed it.
    Then at Christmas I was given it on DVD and after watching it I decided it was mediocre at best.

So just as well I didn't spend almost £10 on a ticket.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly, unless it's a film I really want to see. One which not only has a lot of hype but that interests me greatly.
    There have been some which I have wanted to see at the movies but have not been able to, and later been glad. One example is the "A-Team" movie. I was and am a big fan of the original series so I really wanted to go see it at the movies but I missed it.
    Then at Christmas I was given it on DVD and after watching it I decided it was mediocre at best.

So just as well I didn't spend almost £10 on a ticket.
    The last time I went to the cinema was in 2006 to see the Da Vinci Code. There are other ways to watch things at home

There are other ways to watch things at home
    Illegally? :eek: that is wrong, I purchase everything I read, watch and listen to

ReputationRep:
    The last time I went to the cinema was in 2006 to see the Da Vinci Code. There are other ways to watch things at home
    Oh I know, but sometimes I just like going to the cinema, buying ready made popcorn and sitting in a nice screening area with good sound.
    With normal cinema's it might not be worth it but with IMAX I have found it to be worth it every time.

I went to see "Batman Begins" at the IMAX when it came out, that was incredible.

ReputationRep:
    Oh I know, but sometimes I just like going to the cinema, buying ready made popcorn and sitting in a nice screening area with good sound.
    With normal cinema's it might not be worth it but with IMAX I have found it to be worth it every time.

I went to see "Batman Begins" at the IMAX when it came out, that was incredible.
    Meh, I don't particularly care - I am more comfortable at home than at the cinema - it means I can ensure EVERYTHING is to my liking.

Illegally? :eek: that is wrong, I purchase everything I read, watch and listen to
    I never once said I engaged in illegal activity.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.