Turn on thread page Beta

The Commons Bar Mk IV watch

Announcements
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    According to Wikipedia, refusal to appear before a HoC or HoL committee constitutes contempt of Parliament.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCrackInTime)
    According to Wikipedia, refusal to appear before a HoC or HoL committee constitutes contempt of Parliament.
    Does it carry a penalty?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by davidmarsh01)
    Most of the essays I did at school are on paper
    Mine are on a memory stick somewhere. I have a few from school but only really did CW for the most part.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    Mine are on a memory stick somewhere. I have a few from school but only really did CW for the most part.
    You do an essay subject, so you'll have much more coursework to upload than somebody studying a non essay subject. It's a wee bitty unfair when you think about it but oh well.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    Does it carry a penalty?
    Yep. The committee could commit him to prison for the remainder of the current Parliament.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by davidmarsh01)
    You do an essay subject, so you'll have much more coursework to upload than somebody studying a non essay subject. It's a wee bitty unfair when you think about it but oh well.
    I know people doing science subjects who do loads of essays as well, albeit shorter ones. If anything this makes it easier for them to get the credits. Besides, to my knowledge there is pretty much no content control so you can knock up a really bad 2000 word essay in no time and make some credits.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCrackInTime)
    Yep. The committee could commit him to prison for the remainder of the current Parliament.
    Nice. They should imprison the Kraft boss if she ever returns to the UK or even better, deny them the Cadbury deal

Deny them the Cadbury deal
    :lolwut: they already own it.....
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Does it carry a penalty?
    Death I hope.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    :lolwut: they already own it.....
    Have you ever heard of Nick Leeson?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    I know people doing science subjects who do loads of essays as well, albeit shorter ones. If anything this makes it easier for them to get the credits. Besides, to my knowledge there is pretty much no content control so you can knock up a really bad 2000 word essay in no time and make some credits.
    I'm going to upload my science investigations I did this year after results day because I'm paranoid about being accused of plagiarism :lol:

But I find it a bit odd that I'll get the same number of credits for my 40 page science investigations as I do for my 3 page English essays from last year but there we go. Maybe they should link the length of the coursework submitted to the number of credits you get? :holmes:

(Original post by Nothos)
    Have you ever heard of Nick Leeson?
    No but will look him up if there is a reason to do so.

ReputationRep:
    No but will look him up if there is a reason to do so.
    He's someone who caused the collapse of the world's oldest bank by using your method of teaching fiscal responsibility. Made losses on the Market, put more money in to recoup those losses and just kept going in a circle of risk and debt.

He's someone who caused the collapse of the world's oldest bank by using your method of teaching fiscal responsibility. Made losses on the Market, put more money in to recoup those losses and just kept going in a circle of risk and debt.
    Right well this happened in '96 when I was still a kid and not even in the country

Either way I find my way fine

ReputationRep:
    Driving instructor just cancelled the lesson that was supposed to be at half 4 :/

ReputationRep:
    Right well this happened in '96 when I was still a kid and not even in the country

Either way I find my way fine
    This is the perfect example of the dangers of your way. The fact that people didn't and don't seem to be learning from past lessons worries me.

I'm not against buying shares, rather that encouraging it as a viable, long term source of income which you should keep pumping money into from a young age is just going to cause history to repeat itself.

This is the perfect example of the dangers of your way. The fact that people didn't and don't seem to be learning from past lessons worries me.

I'm not against buying shares, rather that encouraging it as a viable, long term source of income which you should keep pumping money into from a young age is just going to cause history to repeat itself.
    Okay well noted.

From a young age? I'm not a 3 year old I'm old enough to make the decision to put money into something and continue doing so if I wish.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Brilliant just found out my memo stick has been seized by the Police

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    Brilliant just found out my memo stick has been seized by the Police
    Why?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Why?
    My brother is in the Police and took it to work with him. He put the only copy of some CCTV on there so now it has been seized for the courts as evidence. So I now have no clue when or if I will get it back.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.