Thanks XD
    :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    It is not maintenance anymore

Thanks XD
    *cough*

ReputationRep:
    Overall, the ISC expressed concern that the 11.3% budget cut for the intelligence agencies, including MI5 and MI6, would affect their ability to "maintain current levels of coverage of all aspects of the threat".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-14144983

Holy crap... this government is that stupid it is cutting the budgets for our intelligence agencies -_- what the **** is wrong with these people...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    Overall, the ISC expressed concern that the 11.3% budget cut for the intelligence agencies, including MI5 and MI6, would affect their ability to "maintain current levels of coverage of all aspects of the threat".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-14144983

Holy crap... this government is that stupid it is cutting the budgets for our intelligence agencies -_- what the **** is wrong with these people...
    Well it's hard to justify such massive expenditures on condoms, bar tabs and fast cars.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nothos)
    Well it's hard to justify such massive expenditures on condoms, bar tabs and fast cars.

ReputationRep:
    The new Harry Potter soundtrack is utter crap. Alexandre Desplat should avoid trying to write for large-scale blockbusters in future.

ReputationRep:
    :awesome:
    Glad you agree.

ReputationRep:
    Very droll, yes.

(Original post by Adorno)
    The new Harry Potter soundtrack is utter crap. Alexandre Desplat should avoid trying to write for large-scale blockbusters in future.
    Daft punk should just do the soundtrack for every movie.

ReputationRep:
    Daft punk should just do the soundtrack for every movie.
    Well it suffers from a major lack of thematic identity and verges on a cliché in parts of the score (i.e. Bad GUY = LOUD. THUMPING. BRASS with scrambling high strings). It's sadly unintelligent writing.

ReputationRep:
    Well it suffers from a major lack of thematic identity and verges on a cliché in parts of the score (i.e. Bad GUY = LOUD. THUMPING. BRASS with scrambling high strings). It's sadly unintelligent writing.
    To be fair to the composer, Harry Potter is ostensibly a kid's film (although in reality, I suspect most people who go see it are in their early twenties who have read the books since childhood) and they're probably not going for anything overly intelligent which will just get lost in its intended audience. Just something that can evoke the necessary emotions in kids at the necessary times.

ReputationRep:
    To be fair to the composer, Harry Potter is ostensibly a kid's film (although in reality, I suspect most people who go see it are in their early twenties who have read the books since childhood) and they're probably not going for anything overly intelligent which will just get lost in its intended audience. Just something that can evoke the necessary emotions in kids at the necessary times.
    Well that doesn't stand up when you compare it to John Williams' scores - particularly that for Prisoner of Azkaban - which manages to provide an intelligent and dark score. This is poor nonsense.

ReputationRep:
    Well that doesn't stand up when you compare it to John Williams' scores - particularly that for Prisoner of Azkaban - which manages to provide an intelligent and dark score. This is poor nonsense.
    Naturally, but Williams has always been a musician who doesn't shirk on quality regardless of target audience, this composer possibly saw it as a quick buck for some half-hearted work.

It wasn't Andrew Lloyd-Webber, was it? :ahee:

Unrelated, but tonight's apprentice may well have given me a stress induced ulcer. The crap they have come out with tonight.

ReputationRep:
    Naturally, but Williams has always been a musician who doesn't shirk on quality regardless of target audience, this composer possibly saw it as a quick buck for some half-hearted work.

It wasn't Andrew Lloyd-Webber, was it? :ahee:
    I said who it was in the first post I made on the subject. It was the French composer Alexandre Despat. The thing is the 7th book is full of internal reference to the rest of the series: there's no referencing of Williams' themes for the Chamber of Secrets, for the characters such as Lupin who do die, no referencing of the "Window into the Past" theme that Williams wrote for Prisoner of Azkaban. It's just a monochromatic piece of rubbish that does nothing to finish off the series as a piece of music as well as film. Sad really.

ReputationRep:
    Passed first year with a 2:1.

Which is amazing given how badly i though my politics exam went.

WTF is wrong with the BBC? How on earth could they get that wrong? baseball guy... they serious? morons

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    WTF is wrong with the BBC? How on earth could they get that wrong? baseball guy... they serious? morons
    Calm it, it's not that bad :teehee:

Edit: Also,

ReputationRep:
    This one was better:

ReputationRep:
    Is the Company any good
    It is but it's always an uphill struggle, to get both interest and funding.

But that aside, we do need to encourage more children to take up these subjects - we need a revolution in education, especially in these subject areas because they are just so important. I used to be very good at mathematics, however, during the latter years of secondary school I lost interest in it - whereas I used to enjoy mathematics, I began to detest it. Rather than a joy, it became a chore. Our school and teachers were so terrible that all my joy for mathematics was destroyed over a couple of months.

That is unacceptable that children can be put off such amazing subjects.

I agree. There should be more companies like the one I work for, which offer opportunities for the kids to get involved.
    Honestly the difference you see from the feedback is incredible. Kids who previously has no idea say at the end that they never knew just how much science, maths, and engineering was relevant, and some also say for certain that they want a career in one of those.

It's amazing how little things can trigger interests.

So yeah, we definitly need more of it

(Original post by davidmarsh01)
    Calm it, it's not that bad :teehee:
    They are all putz, utter putz

Also no apology? are they rude much :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    They are all putz, utter putz

Also no apology? are they rude much :lolwut:
    I like the BBC

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.