Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes I wish I was just doing things normally :sad:

(Original post by davidmarsh01)
    I like the BBC
    I don't nor do I like any other media subscription service that is forced upon me.

I honestly have never gotten how people can like it... :dontknow:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Some people have no sense of humour.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=654
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I got negged in the main thread for saying I had seen most of the films on the list :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    I got negged in the main thread for saying I had seen most of the films on the list :facepalm2:
    I've been expecting a lot of flaming because of my shawshank comment.

Anyone see 'This World - Italy's Bloodiest Mafia'? what a programme and wtf is up with the lawlessness of Naples :lol:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Adorno)
    I've been expecting a lot of flaming because of my shawshank comment.
    What did you say?

I found that and Eternal Sunshine the hardest choice actually.

ReputationRep:
    What did you say?

I found that and Eternal Sunshine the hardest choice actually.
    Meh not for me, I hate Shawshank Redemption.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Meh not for me, I hate Shawshank Redemption.
    Fair enough, it's just a film - you are entitled to dislike it

ReputationRep:
    S.R wasn't a bad film but it's not one I would actively put on to watch.

ReputationRep:
    Ah to be fair I also dislike the Dark Knight and Batman Begins. The Tim Burton films were superior in my view.

ReputationRep:
    Ah to be fair I also dislike the Dark Knight and Batman Begins. The Tim Burton films were superior in my view.
    Yes, yes they were.

ReputationRep:
    I much prefer BB and TDK.

I still love the Burton films though.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I didn't think they were that good but this is more because I have never much liked batman.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't think they were that good but this is more because I have never much liked batman.
    Fair enough. Part of what made Batman (1989) so much for me was that it was a)the first proper superhero film I watched and b) Danny Elfman's score is such genius. Also apparently both Tim Burton and Danny Elfman are bipolar which speaks to those of us who suffer from it.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Fair enough. Part of what made Batman (1989) so much for me was that it was a)the first proper superhero film I watched and b) Danny Elfman's score is such genius. Also apparently both Tim Burton and Danny Elfman are bipolar which speaks to those of us who suffer from it.
    I'm not sure what the first I watched was but I know I have always engaged far better with those that offer a variety of powers and the like - notably the X Men. Batman was always, much like Iron man, just a guy with technology which I can't say I enjoy as much as the full on powers which is more what I look for with superheroes and such.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure what the first I watched was but I know I have always engaged far better with those that offer a variety of powers and the like - notably the X Men. Batman was always, much like Iron man, just a guy with technology which I can't say I enjoy as much as the full on powers which is more what I look for with superheroes and such.
    Ah but that's the bit that makes Batman much more human. He can die, he can be paralysed, and thus requires his technological advantage and intellect to bring him through situations. That essence of realism is what gets it for me. As much as X Men or Spiderman are great they have gone beyond that.

Russia for only £300, flights and 5* (well its Russia so probs a 3* :lol:) hotel and all :eek: I know what I am doing for my birthday

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.