Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    When I did a bit of door to door sales last year as a side job I rarely got a good looking lass answering the door.
    Probably because attractive girls aren't interested in double glazing :rolleyes:

Edit: They should ban door-to-door sales to be honest.

I thought this was quite amusing:

Spoiler:
    Show

:cool:
    That's pretty impressive. I got that the first time too. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ham and Cheese)
    Probably because attractive girls aren't interested in double glazing :rolleyes:

Edit: They should ban door-to-door sales to be honest.
    They are too!!!! :fuhrer:

You'd be suprised as to how simply talking about new guttering makes you instantly attractive to the opposite sex.

I normally am not bothered by the door to door lot, It's a rarity in my area anyway, however since working that job (which I had to do for extra cash) I have a new found respect for them.

ReputationRep:
    They are too!!!! :fuhrer:

You'd be suprised as to how simply talking about new guttering makes you instantly attractive to the opposite sex.
    I think talking about the local issues in the area is more interesting and making some comical remarks about the party always gets them laughing latent flirting

ReputationRep:
    Door to door sales shouldn't be banned but there should probably be some kind of regulation.

ReputationRep:
    Do we really need a new piece of a law to regulate or even ban door sales? All you have to do is ... close the door (or better still, perhaps ... not open it?).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anony mouse)
    Do we really need a new piece of a law to regulate or even ban door sales? All you have to do is ... close the door (or better still, perhaps ... not open it?).
    Well yes. But in a hypothetical world where one must choose between banning and regulating, I'll take the latter.

ReputationRep:
    I've been up since 5am and I have still achieved nothing today.

ReputationRep:
    http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/ni...t-gallup-poll/

The latest Gallup Daily tracking three-day average represents a new low for Barack Obama, with just 41 percent of Americans approving his job performance as president. This matches his previous lows in August 2010 and October 2010, just before the mid-term elections, and it is significantly down from his 2011 average of 48 percent. The president’s disapproval rating now stands at 50 percent, the highest point since August last year. In contrast, George W. Bush’s approval rating at this stage of his presidency stood at 70 percent (April 2003), and the average for US presidents in the ninth quarter stands at 57 percent.

Good job Obama.

ReputationRep:
    Difference is that Bush was evil and useless. Obama, as I said at the beginning of his "rise", is just plain useless.

(Original post by Thunder and Jazz)
    Well yes. But in a hypothetical world where one must choose between banning and regulating, I'll take the latter.
    I'll take neither.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adorno)
    Difference is that Bush was evil and useless. Obama, as I said at the beginning of his "rise", is just plain useless.
    Difference is that Bush was popular, Obama ain't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    Difference is that Bush was popular, Obama ain't.
    Bush was president when there was money and jobs. Obama is president when there is not very much of either in areas of the US that would normally stoke up Democratic votes. Since popularity is a bad measure of things, I'd rather go with useless rather than evil and useless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thunder and Jazz)

(Original post by Anony mouse)

(Original post by Norfolkadam)
    I'll take neither.
    What's wrong with banning door-to-door sales? Just as bad as cold calling. If someone wanted double-glazing then they would go out and buy double glazing. People should not be bombarded in their own home with people trying to sell you stuff. I'd at least create a 'Do not call' list as they have done in the USA; no sales person/s can contact addresses/numbers who have added themselves onto the list without their prior consent.

ReputationRep:
    Bush was president when there was money and jobs. Obama is president when there is not very much of either in areas of the US that would normally stoke up Democratic votes. Since popularity is a bad measure of things, I'd rather go with useless rather than evil and useless.
    But Obama was meant to be America's saviour... it's new hope. Or more realistically, he is like Nick Clegg - sounds good but in practice is just awful.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I have no issue with door to door sales, or people holding cards asking for money etc because you can just, as mentioned, close the door. Or tell them to **** off, or end the communication in whichever way you wish.

ReputationRep:
    But Obama was meant to be America's saviour... it's new hope. Or more realistically, he is like Nick Clegg - sounds good but in practice is just awful.
    He's like David Cameron. Sounds awful and is awful to be frank. I said this at the time of the primaries and during the election. Hillary Clinton was far superior as a Democratic candidate and as a presidential figure. Obama cuts an image of an academic doing bureacracy and failing at it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    I have no issue with door to door sales, or people holding cards asking for money etc because you can just, as mentioned, close the door. Or tell them to **** off, or end the communication in whichever way you wish.
    That's not the point. Especially in some cases where a sales person could be quite intimidating towards an elderly person and end up signing up to loads of things they don't want. There is no point in cold calling in person; only generates hassle and problems.

ReputationRep:
    He's like David Cameron. Sounds awful and is awful to be frank. I said this at the time of the primaries and during the election. Hillary Clinton was far superior as a Democratic candidate and as a presidential figure. Obama cuts an image of an academic doing bureacracy and failing at it.
    His hype and downfall are more akin to Nick Clegg. But at least you agree he is terrible.

ReputationRep:
    His hype and downfall are more akin to Nick Clegg. But at least you agree he is terrible.
    His approval ratings are not yet disastrous. I'd be very surprised if he loses re-election.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.