Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXedixXx)
    Brythonic is also known as "British".

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_language
    Only to wikipedia. I've never seen it in real work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ajp100688)
    I hate Whisky with a passion, horrid stuff. I don't get how anyone can drink it or Bourbon.
    I've not been able to enjoy it after an unfortunate incident involving getting ridiculous drunk on it one time.

Besides, sambuca is where it's at.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adorno)
    Only to wikipedia. I've never seen it in real work.
    So, you can understand why I used the word British? I was speaking about exactly what you commented upon.

ReputationRep:
    Whiskey is easier to drink than whisky, less peaty and acidic. What is your stronger tipple of choice then? Brandy I suppose
    Vodka probably. Doesn't taste bad and I can handle it oddly well. In fact I can usually handle a night on the vodka much better than cider or lager, which is odd. Brandy isn't too bad either but Vodka is my go to.
    I've not been able to enjoy it after an unfortunate incident involving getting ridiculous drunk on it one time.
    I got trashed on it (well along with a load of other drinks but it tipped me over the edge) in NYC a week and a half ago which resulted in being too trashed to make a move on a girl I liked. Which only served to further my already existing dislike of it

(Original post by rockrunride)
    Posting just to break the unlucky thirteen.

Isn't Yiddish easier to learn because it's West Germanic?
    It is a fusion of nearly all the Eastern European languages and Germanic languages... overall High German, personally I love it but alas it is a dying language for many as the new generation learn Hebrew

I really must learn Hebrew though otherwise my trips to Israel will be rather stupid, a Jew that doesn't know Hebrew... :sad:

ReputationRep:
    So, you can understand why I used the word British? I was speaking about exactly what you commented upon.
    I can now, but since British is far from common currency when used to describe the ancient language of England, Wales, and lowland Scotland it certainly made little sense at the beginning.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    My picture was win.

I have posts in 'From: The Commons Bar Mk IV'... what were they?

Edit: It is my French reply to Tea isn't it? his post was edited yet mine was moved

ReputationRep:
    It's a shame Jim didn't win

We need more Northern Irish representation in British business

ReputationRep:
    It's a shame Jim didn't win

We need more Northern Irish representation in British business
    I liked Jim, although he did show a bit of a nasty streak in the final

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    I have posts in 'From: The Commons Bar Mk IV'... what were they?
    Posts that have been removed for whatever reason.

(Original post by Metrobeans)
    Posts that have been removed for whatever reason.
    Worked it out... my reply to Tea yet his original French seems to be edited out while mine removed even though it had English too

Feh cba.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexInWonderland)
    I liked Jim, although he did show a bit of a nasty streak in the final
    How so? I don't remember him doing anything particularly "nasty" in the final.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Almost at 10k posts.

ReputationRep:
    How so? I don't remember him doing anything particularly "nasty" in the final.
    Just being generally snide I think, can't remember specifics. *****ing about Suzy was one thing.
    I still like him, and perhaps it was just me though.

Bearing in mind, we are comparing him to Tom for example, who is clearly a genuinly decent chap.

ReputationRep:
    x
    By the way Adorno.

I've been looking at the weather in Nova Scotia and I think it will be too hot for me. 23 C in Sydney today, and that's pretty much as north as Nova Scotia gets :/
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I wonder who will get post 10,000. :holmes:

Without deleting posts to change the numbers of course.

ReputationRep:
    The practice of deleting posts to alter who gets the 10k is very unsportsmanlike. I would be tempted to undelete posts from people who try it!

ReputationRep:
    I certainly won't delete any posts.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Metrobeans)
    The practice of deleting posts to alter who gets the 10k is very unsportsmanlike. I would be tempted to undelete posts from people who try it!
    FA powers ftw. :yep:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.