(Original post by paddy__power)
    Only on TSR
    The best part is "has anyone had a similiar situation?"
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    The best part is "has anyone had a similiar situation?"
    You've been here nearly 6 years and I bet you still manage to occasionally be surprised. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    You've been here nearly 6 years and I bet you still manage to occasionally be surprised. :lol:
    :lol: True. Although I haven't been posting for that long. I visited but rarely posted. I only started posting reguarly in late 2008.
    Nevertheless posts like that still make me laugh.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    :lol: True. Although I haven't been posting for that long. I visited but rarely posted. I only started posting reguarly in late 2008.
    Nevertheless posts like that still make me laugh.
    I just don't believe some of the **** people post.

ReputationRep:
    I just don't believe some of the **** people post.
    Oh yeah. A lot of the trolling you can tell, but sometimes, just sometimes there is something special like this. In which case you don't care if it's trolling or not, it's still entertainment.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Oh yeah. A lot of the trolling you can tell, but sometimes, just sometimes there is something special like this. In which case you don't care if it's trolling or not, it's still entertainment.
    Indeed. I may make a trolling account at some point (not that I don't do the occasional spot already) - I will use it to join other parties

I will use a different IP so it can't be traced.

Sorted.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Any Prison Break fans?

ReputationRep:
    What is it with this whole Anon/delete thing? Do people abuse the whole Anon thing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thunder and Jazz)
    What is it with this whole Anon/delete thing? Do people abuse the whole Anon thing?
    People massively abuse the anon thing.

On other forums with an anon function mods often just de-anon topics if they feel the anon is unnecessary so people often put anon/delete meaning that if it can't be anon just delete. But TSR doesn't de-anon anyway so it's largely irrelevant on here.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    TSR used to I think and the "anon or delete" is an anachronism that stems from then.

ReputationRep:
    I do love some of the stories...

TO be honest, I still think my one was the best

ReputationRep:
    mods used to de-anon post on here, why the whole Anon/delete, but they stop that

got a leaflet about the NO campaign through the door today, it really is a joke

on the back a picture of Nick Clegg saying he will not put up fees

Got off work an hour early to go sit in a sunny Caffé Nero. The bookshop can get so stifling on sunny, spring afternoons. I felt like I was being suffocated.

ReputationRep:
    Rory just sent me this message:

Wanna make love?

:lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/e...-negative.html

America's ability to tackle its deficit has been given a strong vote of no confidence, after leading rating agency Standard & Poor's said the chances are rising that the country will lose its prized AAA status.

Hmm vindication of Osborne perhaps.

ReputationRep:
    http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/ed...e-is-he-right/

Interesting much

"It is certainly true that London explicitly sold the Olympics on the fact that the city, while less pleasant than Paris in every conceivable way, was multicultural."

What utter bull****. Has this person ever been to Paris? It's stricken by ten times more cultural angst than London, the banlieues are totally miserable and their metro stinks of rotten food.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_...French_suburbs There's no such article about London's suburbs.

I think it's combination of traditional urban conflicts and it can't all be blamed on multiculturalism, it's the youth culture and the working classes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Norfolkadam)
    "It is certainly true that London explicitly sold the Olympics on the fact that the city, while less pleasant than Paris in every conceivable way, was multicultural."

What utter bull****. Has this person ever been to Paris? It's stricken by ten times more cultural angst than London, the banlieues are totally miserable and their metro stinks of rotten food.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_...French_suburbs There's no such article about London's suburbs.

I think it's combination of traditional urban conflicts and it can't all be blamed on multiculturalism, it's the youth culture and the working classes.
    That wasn't the bit I was saying interesting about but okay...

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.