• PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I do not like the heat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ham and Cheese)
    What is this about?
    It's Liam Byrne.
    'Sorry, there's no money left' - Note left when he left his post as Chief Sec. to the Treasury after Labour lost power last year. Unfortunately he was telling the truth...

It's a joke about transition of power (they left a thread in the Gov't subforum, which I didn't see, but which I assume was along similar lines).

How is everyone's day thus far? Eventually started doing notes on Germany in 1900.....I actually loathe doing revision.
    Cycled down the coast 8 miles to this lovely little village, sat on the cliffs and read Dostoyevsky then cycled back up the old railway tracks through Gorleston.

Lovely day :yy:

(Original post by Wilzman)
    It's Liam Byrne.
    'Sorry, there's no money left' - Note left when he left his post as Chief Sec. to the Treasury after Labour lost power last year. Unfortunately he was telling the truth...

It's a joke about transition of power (they left a thread in the Gov't subforum, which I didn't see, but which I assume was along similar lines).
    It was about 6 pages I think by the time we left Downing Street. Mostly just pictures of politicians looking distraught or upset.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Norfolkadam)
    It was about 6 pages I think by the time we left Downing Street. Mostly just pictures of politicians looking distraught or upset.

It's Liam Byrne.

Oh I get it now!

Shame the moderators removed it...that would have been quite funny.

ReputationRep:
    Cycled down the coast 8 miles to this lovely little village, sat on the cliffs and read Dostoyevsky then cycled back up the old railway tracks through Gorleston.

Oh how lovely lucky you for living in such a nice location. Quite windy where you live though isn't it?

My area is usually the warmest in the country but as its sub-urban I can't have done what you did

Oh how lovely lucky you for living in such a nice location. Quite windy where you live though isn't it?

My area is usually the warmest in the country but as its sub-urban I can't have done what you did
    Yeah it was quite windy but you need wind when it's so hot so you don't boil.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, ok. Annoyed I didn't see that.

ReputationRep:

See now that's what I'd love to be doing but my PhD dissertation is due in in about two weeks and so here I am editing it and getting it right in the midst of our summer! Bugger.

I need some suggestions for summer reading though. I've exhausted my usual line of reading and am now reading Samuel Beckett because I've grown that desparate.

ReputationRep:
    What is this about?
    Watch the thread. People just post images of politicians in some kind of story. So I post Liam Byrne, someone could then post a funny face of Harriet Harperson... It was a funny thing we did for the next government but I want to share
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    It's Liam Byrne.

We did ask that it be left for you all to see, but it appears to have been consigned to the HoC Recycle Bin. It's still showing in my watched threads, with paddy having the final post.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Lol I have engaged in a flame war with one of TSR's retards.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by aaran-j)
    We did ask that it be left for you all to see, but it appears to have been consigned to the HoC Recycle Bin. It's still showing in my watched threads, with paddy having the final post.
    I saw it and had it removed. It was there for a few hours at least though :yes:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    I saw it and had it removed. It was there for a few hours at least though :yes:
    :fuhrer:

I'm glad we put cling film over the toilets now.

ReputationRep:
    It's really nice here today :cool: The only thing keeping me going with revision is the thought that in three weeks I'll be free from the clutches of university forever. Just in time, because I think my enthusiasm for studying is about to finally bottom out.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    :fuhrer:

I'm glad we put cling film over the toilets now.
    I found that too and had it baked in cakes and sent to your wives. Enjoy.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Student2806)
    It's really nice here today :cool: The only thing keeping me going with revision is the thought that in three weeks I'll be free from the clutches of university forever. Just in time, because I think my enthusiasm for studying is about to finally bottom out.
    You managed to keep it a lot longer than me :yes:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I found that too and had it baked in cakes and sent to your wives. Enjoy.
    I don't have a wife. :holmes:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I don't have a wife. :holmes:
    Concubine.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Concubine.
    :nah:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.