Nein.
    Fine, well you have enough problems then without needing dodgy cake :lol:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    So true. :emo:

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aI79C...&feature=feedu

Shocking News: Nigel Farage thinks Margaret Thatcher was a very good prime minister

ReputationRep:
    Finally broke up this girl today. She cheated on me last week (in my books that means she needs to raped up the arse) and then came crawling back saying 'I love you' and 'I'm sorry'. She then said she wanted a relationship with me where she was allowed to cheat and then changed her mind and said she only wants me and today we broke up.

Two minutes later she's in a relationship with someone else and her status, "Toby I love you babe."

Stupid ****. Thank God I didn't **** her or I would have come away with AIDs or something :p: the moral of the story is that if a girl ever cheats then dump her and never take her back because it means she's a big ****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ham and Cheese)
    Finally broke up this girl today. She cheated on me last week (in my books that means she needs to raped up the arse) and then came crawling back saying 'I love you' and 'I'm sorry'. She then said she wanted a relationship with me where she was allowed to cheat and then changed her mind and said she only wants me and today we broke up.

Two minutes later she's in a relationship with someone else and her status, "Toby I love you babe."

Stupid ****. Thank God I didn't **** her or I would have come away with AIDs or something :p: the moral of the story is that if a girl ever cheats then dump her and never take her back because it means she's a big ****
    Thanks for that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toronto353)
    It's difficult though because, from my experiences, when you praise a child, you tend to start to use the same words and it starts to become meaningless to an extent. Those examples are a little extreme as they probably wouldn't have been used, but I tend to find that just saying 'well done that is excellent' to a child means a lot to them and that it isn't really as meaningless as you think it is.
    Yeah - I agree. I wasn't trying to say 'don't give praise'. I was only saying that if someone had told me I 'had worked hard,' I would take it less positively than if someone said that the piece of work was 'very good'. However the article seemed to be suggesting that the effort alone should be praised. I was just saying it should depend on the person which approach to take,
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by bun)
    Yeah - I agree. I wasn't trying to say 'don't give praise'. I was only saying that if someone had told me I 'had worked hard,' I would take it less positively than if someone said that the piece of work was 'very good'. However the article seemed to be suggesting that the effort alone should be praised. I was just saying it should depend on the person which approach to take,
    I think that the effort should be praised, but there are kids who like praise for what they've done and not for the effort they've put in so I can see that line of argument as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spidergareth)
    Thanks for that.
    No problem nothing like sharing haha

ReputationRep:

Have to laugh seeing this associated with Jacqui Smith

ReputationRep:
    Oh Govey, you came and took without giving,
    Our £3,000 fees for uni,
    Oh Govey...

ReputationRep:
    I think it may be worth pointing out Adorno that although your image may be highly amusing it is quite factually incorrect in that Michael Gove is not and has never been responsible for Universities - that particular responsibility falls to Vince Cable and the Department for Business Innovation and Skills.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm in light of the erronous nature of your image, I have also taken the liberty to amend your song as well to ensure that it, as with the image, is factually correct.

Oh Cable you came and you took without giving,
    Our £3,000 fees for uni,
    oh Cable,

ReputationRep:

Home Secretary in rape condoning gaffe... :judge:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    I think it may be worth pointing out Adorno that although your image may be highly amusing it is quite factually incorrect in that Michael Gove is not and has never been responsible for Universities - that particular responsibility falls to Vince Cable and the Department for Business Innovation and Skills.
    You Tory Ultras are fairly tea-dious, no? It's a cartoon from the Indy today. The "song" is tied to the cartoon. I couldn't really care much beyond that, being, fortuitously in this case, Welsh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adorno)
    You Tory Ultras are fairly tea-dious, no? It's a cartoon from the Indy today. The "song" is tied to the cartoon. I couldn't really care much beyond that, being, fortuitously in this case, Welsh.
    Well evidently the Indy doesn't know it's government departments.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    Well evidently the Indy doesn't know it's government departments.
    To be fair to the Indy, I'm fairly certain that Tory policy on Tuition fees was drawn together by Willetts and Gove so whether it's Cable implementing the policy or not, the intellectual framework comes from within Tory Towers. But clearly you'd rather mud be slung at Lib Dems rather than accepting the evil that is your own party.

ReputationRep:

That's some tough crap. I remember my ex still had a thing for her ex, and constantly talked about him. Then, she had a party without inviting me, and I saw on Facebook that he was there, with lots of photos of them hugging. Because I was a pushover then I didn't do anything, and she ended up breaking up with me.

Luckily, she then apologised to me fully two years afterwards, and asked me out for a drink this weekend. Still unsure...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adorno)
    To be fair to the Indy, I'm fairly certain that Tory policy on Tuition fees was drawn together by Willetts and Gove so whether it's Cable implementing the policy or not, the intellectual framework comes from within Tory Towers. But clearly you'd rather mud be slung at Lib Dems rather than accepting the evil that is your own party.
    It has nothing to do with mud slinging so take your smear elsewhere. The fact is simple - it is the Business Department, NOT the Education Department that is responsible for Universities.

Mr Willets is also in the Business Department.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.