Turn on thread page Beta
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Don John)
    That's some tough crap. I remember my ex still had a thing for her ex, and constantly talked about him. Then, she had a party without inviting me, and I saw on Facebook that he was there, with lots of photos of them hugging. Because I was a pushover then I didn't do anything, and she ended up breaking up with me.

Luckily, she then apologised to me fully two years afterwards, and asked me out for a drink this weekend. Still unsure...
    Try and hit it and then quit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    It has nothing to do with mud slinging so take your smear elsewhere. The fact is simple - it is the Business Department, NOT the Education Department that is responsible for Universities.

Mr Willets is also in the Business Department.
    Yeah, you passed being interesting in the Triassic Period. It's a cartoon making a political statement about the completely farcial situation the Tory Government has left Higher Education in England in. For most people that is sufficient regardless of the accuracy of the cartoon in absolute, stand before a judge, kinds of ways. But for your Tory ultra tribalism, clearly it isn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adorno)
    Yeah, you passed being interesting in the Triassic Period. It's a cartoon making a political statement about the completely farcial situation the Tory Government has left Higher Education in England in. For most people that is sufficient regardless of the accuracy of the cartoon in absolute, stand before a judge, kinds of ways. But for your Tory ultra tribalism, clearly it isn't.
    Interesting, we have a Conservative Government? There's me thinking we had a coalition - that's several factual inaccuracies on your part now.

Has left Higher Education in? It hasn't been implemented yet.

Hmm continued use of Tory ultra... why?

ReputationRep:
    That's some tough crap. I remember my ex still had a thing for her ex, and constantly talked about him. Then, she had a party without inviting me, and I saw on Facebook that he was there, with lots of photos of them hugging. Because I was a pushover then I didn't do anything, and she ended up breaking up with me.

Luckily, she then apologised to me fully two years afterwards, and asked me out for a drink this weekend. Still unsure...
    I'd go for it...it has been two years.

The difference is that I deserved what I got. For the last two years, I have cheated and slept about and kept girls at arms length. I think I was the Peter Mandelson of dating but yes I got what was coming to be fair yet part of me is still attracted to her :confused:

I'd go for a drink with her though. I'd have a 'safety net' though.

ReputationRep:
    Interesting, we have a Conservative Government? There's me thinking we had a coalition - that's several factual inaccuracies on your part now.

Has left Higher Education in? It hasn't been implemented yet.

Hmm continued use of Tory ultra... why?
    If the Lib Dems act like Tories on this particular issue what good is it calling the government Tory-led or a Coalition? It's a Tory Government propped up by the Lib Dems in a move they probably regret massively, or will come the 6th of May. The fees have yet to be implemented, the reductions in funding for HE have, though, which is why universities have been scrambling to shore themselves up for loss of earnings, lecturers, and other support staff. As someone just about to try and enter the academic job market, it's really not very pretty thanks to the actions of your lot. Universities are not just about fees so I'll thank you not to make me care too much about them.

You make Michael Howard seem like a One Nation Tory, frankly. Tory Ultra is one such description for such people as yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ham and Cheese)

The difference is that I deserved what I got. For the last two years, I have cheated and slept about and kept girls at arms length. I think I was the Peter Mandelson of dating but yes I got what was coming to be fair yet part of me is still attracted to her :confused:

Of course part of you is still attracted otherwise you'd never have gone there! It's that lingering bit of lust which makes the rest of it worthwhile. Just don't exhaust the remnants as it can go sour very quickly!

ReputationRep:

I think you're right. I partially deserved what I got, even though it transformed me into a stammering wreck for a while.

Weirdly, she started working where I work about three months ago...

ReputationRep:
    Of course part of you is still attracted otherwise you'd never have gone there! It's that lingering bit of lust which makes the rest of it worthwhile. Just don't exhaust the remnants as it can go sour very quickly!
    Yes I fear you might be right.

I think you're right. I partially deserved what I got, even though it transformed me into a stammering wreck for a while.

Weirdly, she started working where I work about three months ago...
    Fair enough; I am sure you weren't as bad as I was. I remember one week in 2009, where I had three girlfriends all at the same time. I really deserved what I got.

May as well go for it but build up relations with another girl so you have a 'safety net' as it were. That system has always saved me from too much pain.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I fear you might be right.

Fair enough; I am sure you weren't as bad as I was. I remember one week in 2009, where I had three girlfriends all at the same time. I really deserved what I got.

May as well go for it but build up relations with another girl so you have a 'safety net' as it were. That system has always saved me from too much pain.
    Playa! Just kidding, that's quite extreme. Tbh I don't think I'm all that likable to have any chance of a safety net

ReputationRep:
    Playa! Just kidding, that's quite extreme. Tbh I don't think I'm all that likable to have any chance of a safety net
    I'm hardly attractive...barely average just act paddy

It is extreme and I regret because its hard to stop living a life like that; even now I have my moments and find it hard. Anyone can get a safety net very easy

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    You make Michael Howard seem like a One Nation Tory, frankly. Tory Ultra is one such description for such people as yourself.
    Makes it sound slightly malicious to me.

ReputationRep:
    Makes it sound slightly malicious to me.
    Glad you're (dot) cottoning on.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer

I say **** that for a laugh. Or just smash and dash.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    SMASH AND DASH. Would have been a funny yet highly illegal option.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    What's with the Gimli photo in your signature? Is that your On-Screen-Persona? :holmes:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Stricof)
    What's with the Gimli photo in your signature? Is that your on screen persona? :holmes:
    It is so I can make jokes about axing people in government. Plus he is awesome.

ReputationRep:
    Glad you're (dot) cottoning on.
    Why be so rude Adorno? I haven't been rude to you... you boring welsh git.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...ty_14_04_2011/

Interesting broadcast by the Welsh Communist Party. Can tell they have a tight budget though

The girl on there would get banged. Unless Communist girls are frigid....

ReputationRep:
    New avatar. But I'm not sure whether I like it compared to my old one. Also the image isn't as sharp as I hoped. Thoughts? :holmes:

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.