Turn on thread page Beta

The Commons Bar Mk IV watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    This is what I call a bad day:

Wasn't that used for A masters avatar at one point?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Norfolkadam)
    Argh, I know the feeling. My whole time in Paris was spent struggling with a phrase book.
    Such fun though. Eternally proud on ordering the standard white coffee this morning in a backstreet café. On reading somewhere that Lisbon's cakes are world famous I decided to plump for one of the juicy ones on offer. Turned out to be a sausage roll :facepalm2: Drank up and left quickly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    Wasn't that used for A masters avatar at one point?
    Yeah I think it still is.
    I didn't know where it was from until I just watched that. I'll send him that link soonish methinks.

(Original post by Norfolkadam)
    My whole time in Paris was spent struggling with a phrase book.
    :lol: it must of been harder for you in Paris as we don't usually take time out to listen to a n00b practice his French on us

Rule of thumb is go anywhere but Paris if you are a novice French speaker, will be a nicer experience

ReputationRep:
    Deutschland, Deutschland uber allis!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I've still not decided what language to speak. May learn two :awesome:

Hopefully I will have jobs and thus won't have time XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paperclip)
    Man, your attitude towards women is disgusting.

You'd have to be pretty ****ing stupid to think womens sexual attitudes are dictated by their political beliefs.

You need to develop some respect for women
    Its called a joke you ****. Obviously it won't change because of her political beliefs; stop being so bloody sensitive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ham and Cheese)
    Its called a joke you ****. Obviously it won't change because of her political beliefs; stop being so bloody sensitive.
    You've got a pretty **** sense of humour then, and your attitude to women still stinks.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Cool it guys :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ham and Cheese)
    In fairness, it was a **** joke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)

Heh. I'm learning Russian and continuing with my German
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    You all just need to read up on the psychology of education tbh :hand:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)

I'm going with German in September. Technically I should go in one of the higher level classes because I have a C in GCSE German but I can't remember a damned thing!
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Wednesday Bass)
    I'm going with German in September. Technically I should go in one of the higher level classes because I have a C in GCSE German but I can't remember a damned thing!
    I know someone who did that with French and they found it quite tricky. Could you potentially do a beginner's module in the autumn term and see how you feel about doing a more advanced module in the spring term?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    German and French to allow me to read original texts or Mandarin/Japanese because I would like to visit the countries more. Hmmm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toronto353)
    I know someone who did that with French and they found it quite tricky. Could you potentially do a beginner's module in the autumn term and see how you feel about doing a more advanced module in the spring term?
    Oh yeah, it's not anything for my course, it's just extra curricular because I realise a language now would be quite useful (and may help with a year out in industry, if I can get an overseas placement). I was just looking at the options and they say if you have GCSE grade C or above in a language you should join class X, complete beginners join class Y, advanced learners join Z. I'll probably end up going with the beginners class so I can pick up the basics again.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    Oh yeah, it's not anything for my course, it's just extra curricular because I realise a language now would be quite useful (and may help with a year out in industry, if I can get an overseas placement). I was just looking at the options and they say if you have GCSE grade C or above in a language you should join class X, complete beginners join class Y, advanced learners join Z. I'll probably end up going with the beginners class so I can pick up the basics again.
    Cool. I'd probably advise doing that. It's a good skill to have, even if it is difficult to pick up. There's people in my course who have learnt Latin in 3 years and Greek in 2 which is no mean feat.

ReputationRep:
    Just watched Easy A... my word. Shall now get Zombieland purely to see Emma Stone again :-|

ReputationRep:
    So tempted to pick up Portuguese now :holmes:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Don John)
    Just watched Easy A... my word. Shall now get Zombieland purely to see Emma Stone again :-|
    Decent films.

I want to do things to her tbh.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.