Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adorno)
    Just as long as that ****ing PAA doesn't come back.
    I thought you were one of the supporters of the PAA? I didn't like the PAA on the basis that it was too confusing for when writing other bills I fear the Tories are pushing through their version in the name of the Welfare Bill.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ham and Cheese)
    I thought you were one of the supporters of the PAA? I didn't like the PAA on the basis that it was too confusing for when writing other bills I fear the Tories are pushing through their version in the name of the Welfare Bill.
    I have never been a supporter of the PAA. I abstained in the vote, primarily to dodge UoL's nastiness, but have been quite adamantly opposed to it ever since.

ReputationRep:
    I think, if you go and check, you'll find that the Welfare Bill is from the Libers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    Why does everyone hate the PAA so much?
    It solved too many problems and put TSR MPs out of their job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anony mouse)
    It solved too many problems and put TSR MPs out of their job.
    If you're playing a game and then suddenly someone plays a "deus ex machina" then it's going to wind up annoying those that want to carry on. Let's face it, the PAA killed the HoC and UoL knew perfectly it would do.

ReputationRep:
    Adorno, Jangrafess, Stricof, and a few others submitted a 4 page bill (written by Adorno i believe?) recreating the welfare state.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe I'll submit a bill that makes it illegal for germs to enter the body and cause illness. That could be fun.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by paperclip)
    Adorno, Jangrafess, Stricof, and a few others submitted a 4 page bill (written by Adorno i believe?) recreating the welfare state.
    Link?

Edit:

Stricof was the schools bill, this bill was written almost completely by Adorno, but was me not Stricof

Just look at the first comment: Lol, no the PAA is better. TL;DR

:facepalm:

(Original post by sandys1000)
    I read somewhere that if you cause an accident in which someone is seriously injured, it can cost the insurance company £15 million, so I suppose that probably explains it. It is extremely annoying though. I'll have probably forgotten how to drive by the time I'm old enough for the insurance to be affordable
    Still that is no excuse to charge me so much :lol: I have managed to get it down to 3.500€ now, just got to check what the law is in regard to French vehicles in the UK with French insurance (with UK cover)

On the topic of PAA... what is it?

ReputationRep:
    UoL?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    Link?

Edit:

Stricof was the schools bill, this bill was written almost completely by Adorno, but was me not Stricof

That bill I wrote is a bit of a mess in truth, trying to pare down the 1948 National Insurance Act and the subsequent alterations in the 1960s into a bill that people on here would actually read and consider rendered it probably unworkable but with some thought it could be done and done so that it worked.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    That bill I wrote is a bit of a mess in truth, trying to pare down the 1948 National Insurance Act and the subsequent alterations in the 1960s into a bill that people on here would actually read and consider rendered it probably unworkable but with some thought it could be done and done so that it worked.
    It was interesting though, even if I had to read it a few times when you sent me it to work out what was going on XD. It was just interesting that the PAAs creator led with the logic "I will admit I didn't read this, but can assure you it is not as good as the PAA" which says it all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    UoL?
    UniOfLife

ReputationRep:
    Link?

Edit:

Ahh, sorry about that! Got ya confused.

(Original post by tehFrance)
    n the topic of PAA... what is it?
    Poverty Abolition Act, it gets rid of all welfare payments and pays everyone a blanket amount, an amount that was never quantified. Can't be arsed to find a link to the bill, sorry!

ReputationRep:
    It was interesting though, even if I had to read it a few times when you sent me it to work out what was going on XD. It was just interesting that the PAAs creator led with the logic "I will admit I didn't read this, but can assure you it is not as good as the PAA" which says it all.
    He wouldn't have done that had I not written the bill, to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thunder and Jazz)
    UniOfLife
    Cheers

Poverty Abolition Act, it gets rid of all welfare payments and pays everyone a blanket amount, an amount that was never quantified. Can't be arsed to find a link to the bill, sorry!
    Ah I see, sounds like a good bill... less waste of money :cool:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    Still that is no excuse to charge me so much :lol: I have managed to get it down to 3.500€ now, just got to check what the law is in regard to French vehicles in the UK with French insurance (with UK cover)

On the topic of PAA... what is it?
    A pretty awful piece of legislation what was trying to do a good thing I suppose - it was very vague and allowed people to use get out of jail free cards on anything welfare related with no real basis. The welfare bill being debated now is a better version, which unfortunately doesn't say too much
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Ahh, sorry about that! Got ya confused.

Easy mistake. I was UKIP at the time :awesome:

Nick got my name wrong
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    He wouldn't have done that had I not written the bill, to be honest.
    Here was me thinking you two were buddies.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.