Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    Could do in a couple of weeks I reckon :awesome:
    Ahaha, i remember doing that with Dexter and stuff.

Definitely worth watching, the plot develops really well i think!

ReputationRep:
    jew mawpelle Paddy
    As Gaelige now Paddy. :p:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    Personally I thought it was rather unappealing, it has potential but it couldn't keep me as a viewer.
    I'm kind of in agreement so far. I can see myself watching an episode here and there if it was on TV though. It's no modern family.

(Original post by Adorno)
    No, even in French there's a difference between that and being out of the league of those girls that can afford to sun themselves at the height of summer on the beaches of the South of France alongside the exquisite restaurants.
    :lol: I still think that if you put some effort into it and have confidence you can get any woman you want, it works for me

(I do have fathers wealth to help me along though :ninja:).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thunder and Jazz)
    Should I bother watching the first two series of TTOI?
    Episode 1 of Series 2 is quite good (on youtube, it's down as s01e04), but the rest pale in comparison with Series 3 IMO.

I'm kind of in agreement so far. I can see myself watching an episode here and there if it was on TV though. It's no modern family.
    Nothing can match Modern Family, I mean that is one show that will not get old any time soon

Btw The Middle airs on Sky1 HD
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by paperclip)
    Ahaha, i remember doing that with Dexter and stuff.

Definitely worth watching, the plot develops really well i think!
    I stopped in the first series when I realised that everyone was human and nothing different ever really happened. Maybe it gets a lot better.

ReputationRep:
    :lol: I still think that if you put some effort into it and have confidence you can get any woman you want, it works for me

(I do have fathers wealth to help me along though :ninja:).
    Oh yes, indeed, I'm just not likely to find my type of lass in the south of France at the height of summer. I know where she is - on the other side of the atlantic - but that is a long story not for open forums such as this

ReputationRep:
    Oh yes, indeed, I'm just not likely to find my type of lass in the south of France at the height of summer. I know where she is - on the other side of the atlantic - but that is a long story not for open forums such as this
    Let's invade Canada.

ReputationRep:
    Let's invade Canada.
    I'll fire up the zamboni.

You fell for a Quebecois some of them though are even worse than the French in terms of attitude... if it is even possible :eek:

ReputationRep:
    You fell for a Quebecois some of them though are even worse than the French in terms of attitude... if it is even possible :eek:
    Lol no. Although that would have been an excuse to wallow in bonheur. No, she was a Maritimer of Irish extraction. Though this doesn't mean she's a Newfi since Newfoundland isn't part of the Maritimes.

ReputationRep:
    Farscape.
    Great ****ing call right there, watched through it again the other week, much more interesting than most of the genre.

ReputationRep:
    Earth: Final Conflict is also quite good.

ReputationRep:
    I stopped in the first series when I realised that everyone was human and nothing different ever really happened. Maybe it gets a lot better.
    Everyone they meet is human because the stargate was created by the ancients which had a physiology similar to their own, so it makes sense stargates were placed in areas they could travel. They do encounter some proper aliens, and they do some really fun episodes with them, and there's other races too, it's quite fun. But yeah, it is mainly centred around humans.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Earth: Final Conflict is also quite good.
    No idea what this is. Did you find love in a far off land my brother? :moon:

(Original post by paperclip)
    Everyone they meet is human because the stargate was created by the ancients which had a physiology similar to their own, so it makes sense stargates were placed in areas they could travel. They do encounter some proper aliens, and they do some really fun episodes with them, and there's other races too, it's quite fun. But yeah, it is mainly centred around humans.
    I know but it just doesn't make it as cool as trek. I will defo give it another try though at some point. I didn't engage with the characters much either.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Nothing can match Modern Family, I mean that is one show that will not get old any time soon

Btw The Middle airs on Sky1 HD
    Anything that makes me actually laugh wins.

Yes, but I don't have a TV, and definitely not sky lol.

ReputationRep:
    No idea what this is. Did you find love in a far off land my brother? :moon:
    E:FC is a gene roddenberry show from the late-1990s. It's worth checking out for that kind of genre. Babylon 5 is also very good though I must have mentioned it to you before.

And yes, yes I did. And then I had to come back to the UK for all the fat good it's done me.

ReputationRep:
    And yes, yes I did. And then I had to come back to the UK for all the fat good it's done me.
    Explains the crankiness :p:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    E:FC is a gene roddenberry show from the late-1990s. It's worth checking out for that kind of genre. Babylon 5 is also very good though I must have mentioned it to you before.
    A quick search tells me that looks really interesting. Even if it is only one alien race. I'm going to do a masters in Star Trek for lols.

That sucks man. Still in contact?

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.