Turn on thread page Beta

:yawn: I just spent an hour or so trawling through 10 year's worth of anti-terror legislation drafting a bill. Wow were we asleep for that whole period or what? We sure let a tramptonne of our civil liberties slip between our fingers.

ReputationRep:
    Night House.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Not sure whether to order food or go to sleep.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    I'd choose sleep at the moment.

In fact, I think I'll go do that now.

ReputationRep:
    God knows why I'm still up, considering the time I have to get up at tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Norfolkadam)
    :yawn: I just spent an hour or so trawling through 10 year's worth of anti-terror legislation drafting a bill. Wow were we asleep for that whole period or what? We sure let a tramptonne of our civil liberties slip between our fingers.
    Why did you bother? Any legislation coming from you on that will be to repeal every anti-terror law in place, repeal detention without charge, scrap CCTV and let people do what the hell they want

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandys1000)
    God knows why I'm still up, considering the time I have to get up at tomorrow.
    Last time I was up this late on TSR I missed work at 10am and woke up at 11:45....

(Original post by Ham and Cheese)
    Why did you bother? Any legislation coming from you on that will be to repeal every anti-terror law in place, repeal detention without charge, scrap CCTV and let people do what the hell they want
    Just because you can't take 10 minutes out of your busy schedule of trolling and fiddling with terror warning levels to draft a half-decent bill it doesn't mean I can't. I've written a bill that is accurate and sensible and I'd imagine your government will support me on it if anyone actually means what they say about civil liberties.

ReputationRep:
    Just because you can't take 10 minutes out of your busy schedule of trolling and fiddling with terror warning levels to draft a half-decent bill it doesn't mean I can't. I've written a bill that is accurate and sensible and I'd imagine your government will support me on it if anyone actually means what they say about civil liberties.
    It sounds as though you spent a bit longer than ten minutes on it as I have said in the other thread, no one with a shred of common sense will support 'I know my rights' bill which repeals all anti-terror laws and makes our counter-terrorism policy effectively useless.

I want to balance the two as Home Secretary. I am not going to raise the 14 day period of detention without charge and I am considering lowering it. I am going to stick with the warning system which does not infringe any civil liberties whatsoever.

It sounds as though you spent a bit longer than ten minutes on it as I have said in the other thread, no one with a shred of common sense will support 'I know my rights' bill which repeals all anti-terror laws and makes our counter-terrorism policy effectively useless.

I want to balance the two as Home Secretary. I am not going to raise the 14 day period of detention without charge and I am considering lowering it. I am going to stick with the warning system which does not infringe any civil liberties whatsoever.
    We'll see how many of your government colleauges lack "a shred of common sense" when the time comes then shall we?

I feel like the Home Secretary should be aware that the current period of detention without charge is 28 days. :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    We'll see how many of your government colleauges lack "a shred of common sense" when the time comes then shall we?

I feel like the Home Secretary should be aware that the current period of detention without charge is 28 days. :facepalm2:
    The Coalition Government reduced it to 14 days in January of this year

The Coalition Government reduced it to 14 days in January of this year
    It's not in force yet

ReputationRep:
    "Since you have been here a mere matter of days I suggest that you look back in threads concerning the EU and note the immense amount of "proof" I have already offered in support of my position.

I do NOT take kindly to repeating myself.

Go and interrupt someone else, leave off the ad homs and either debate the issue or take your fat fingers off the keyboard and go somewhere else."

See how nice she is

ReputationRep:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...ers-lover.html

Sounds like Mrs Smith is just being a prick...
    Just because she is a republican means she can be rude? stupid bint.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by aaran-j)
    I'd choose sleep at the moment.

In fact, I think I'll go do that now.
    I did neither for a while but then went on the phone for a few hours.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    "Since you have been here a mere matter of days I suggest that you look back in threads concerning the EU and note the immense amount of "proof" I have already offered in support of my position.

I do NOT take kindly to repeating myself.

Go and interrupt someone else, leave off the ad homs and either debate the issue or take your fat fingers off the keyboard and go somewhere else."

See how nice she is
    I owned her and that is what she comes back with :facepalm:

I think she must be a troll.

ReputationRep:
    I owned her and that is what she comes back with :facepalm:

I think she must be a troll.

Well feel free to comment back.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    Well feel free to comment back.
    No point. He opinion isn't worth anything and I have nothing to gain from it. Fight your own battle

ReputationRep:
    No point. He opinion isn't worth anything and I have nothing to gain from it. Fight your own battle
    It's not a battle... In a battle you can just kill the opponent - this person is just deluded.

ReputationRep:
    John Sullivan, the creator of Only Fools and Horses, has died :sad:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.