Turn on thread page Beta

i feel like nobody likes me watch

im 18 and i've never been out at night or partying.i'va had temporary friendships but we were only together because of the circumstances.
    i haven't been happy so long that being miserable is a habit for me now.i cant eb happy..i'm ALWAYS unhappy,its imprinted in me..i dont know why..i'm always depressed,insecure worried and silent.
    help

ReputationRep:
    Tough.

Edit:

To be more helpful (as I admit my first response may not have been as useful as I might have liked), either you can adjust yourself by lying to yourself; telling yourself you have confidence until it becomes true (someone on TSR once said social skills are like a muscle, and need to be exercised to get stronger, which I quite liked).

Or you can accept that you will never be that person, and adjust yourself to find happiness in solitude; which I have done and while it may not be perfect, I'm a LOT happier than I used to be when I was angry & upset about being so isolated. Now I can be actually happy most of the time.

In the end, being upset about it will do no one any good, least of all you.

ReputationRep:
    If I were you, I would go and see a counsellor. Book a doctor's appointment straight away, and speak to him/her and he/she will send you i nthe right direction. Going to a counsellor is not an easy thing, at all, it sort of forces you to admit that you are not completely happy and that you want change, somethign not many people find it easy to admit to themselves, the hardest step. So yeah, just trust me, go to a counsellor, they are professionals, and 99% of them are fantastic at their job, you won't regret it. Good luck, Paul

ReputationRep:
    promise yourself tonight, that from the second you open your eyes tomorrow morning, you will live a life that even john lennon would've been proud of.

EDIT- hope you listen to music or this post is useless to you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    im 18 and i've never been out at night or partying.i'va had temporary friendships but we were only together because of the circumstances.
    i haven't been happy so long that being miserable is a habit for me now.i cant eb happy..i'm ALWAYS unhappy,its imprinted in me..i dont know why..i'm always depressed,insecure worried and silent.
    help
    Try to put yourself out there a little more, maybe if you appear to be happy on the outside it will make you seem more approachable towards people. Don't worry about feeling ostracized by others though, we all feel like that sometimes. PM me if you want to speak in confidence.

ReputationRep:
    help
    I'll be your friend Seriously

ReputationRep:
    Depression? Maybe? See your GP.

ReputationRep:
    you are just depressed man

ReputationRep:
    I can completely relate. If you want to PM feel free, right now i dont feel anything, just total numbness. Sorry i wish i could be more optimistic, im currently trying to lift myself out of the same situation. Good luck anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Go and see a GP/Adviser, or talk to someone really close to you At these times, you need company

ReputationRep:
    I feel like you (18 as well btw). I started going to counselling a couple weeks ago at college, I think it's helped at least a little bit - it makes you feel like you've done something to help get out + it's good to have an professional outsider to talk too. Maybe if your in collge/uni there's a counselling service? Or someone you trust you can talk too? If you go to a doctors they might offer it too

ReputationRep:
    First of all you have to want to change. If you're quite 'happy' (not meant to be a joke) mulling in your own little world saying how there's no-one in the world like you so how can you have friends then there's no point in us wasting our time. So you want to change this, right?

Here's reality. As harsh as it my sound only you can help yourself. You have to force yourself to make the effort and do something about it. If you need counsellor to help you then so be it but it's still up to you to make the changes to your life. Believe me, I know.

Circumstances has nothing to do with it. People wouldn't be your friend (no matter how temporary) if they didn't want to be. Friendship is a two way thing. Push yourself more, call these temporary friends up and go to the cinema or out for lunch or whatever you'd like. Chances are the more you ask them the more you get to know them and hey presto those temporary friends are actually real friends and they'll be calling you up to ask you places. You're prob giving them the impression you don't really want to be their friend. Not good. Just having people around can lift your mood and help you feel wanted by your friends.

I'm speaking from experience. I've stared writing a kind if mood diary. So like I write a bit about everyday and reflecting on my feelings and why I felt that way and how I could change it tomorrow. That's really helpful. Seriously try this for a while. If this doesn't help your mood then see you doctor. I hope you feel better soon :/

I want strong friendships& a boyfriend I guess? I don't know

I don't know what to change about myself.i'm such a good person and help everyone.
    I used to be very lively and my nickname was "chatterbox" but over the years people avoid me because i'm antisocial.i dont rmember what i uesd to talk about to people..but now i cant find anything to talk about.
    i feel 50 years old.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what to change about myself.i'm such a good person and help everyone.
    I used to be very lively and my nickname was "chatterbox" but over the years people avoid me because i'm antisocial.i dont rmember what i uesd to talk about to people..but now i cant find anything to talk about.
    i feel 50 years old.
    So you've identified the problem as "people avoid me because I'm antisocial".

Yet you continue to be antisocial. Why?

ReputationRep:
    Aww, add me as a friend. Stop caring about people think of you, the day you stop is the day you will start enjoying life and being happy because afterall you cannot please everyone. People do like you, maybe it is phychological or you are just being paranoid. Please yourself first and evrything would fall into place. Express yourslef and be consifent and everything will fall into place, trust me I have been there done that. People tend to fall for confidence. Fact!

ReputationRep:
    i feel 50 years old.
    I bet you have loadddds to talk about. No-one has mega exciting things happening alll the time. They just talk about anything and half the time it is unimportant and not very interesting. I never understood it either but once you get to know people you find things to talk about. Open up to them, tell them something about your past, your hobbys, anything.

how can you be antisocial if your nick name was 'chatterbox'!!! I think you need to change the way you view yourself not how/who you are. Think about what you have that you like about yourself, or even better make a list. What do you wish you could be like and how are you going to get there. Just take everyday a step at a time, it doesn't matter what happened yesterday because today is a new day, a day of opportunity to be 100 times better than who you were yesterday. You just have to believe in yourself and you could do anything.

Thanks for all the advices,i'm reading them

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 13, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.