Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How important are GCSEs when applying to Nottingham medical school?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by slew)
    How important are GCSEs when applying to Nottingham medical school?
    Nobody really knows.

The more A*'s the better, but people have gotten interviews with a low proportion of A*'s and others have been rejected with a high proportion of A*'s. As ever, the Nottingham policy is an enigma - they balance every part of your application, but they don't reveal how.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know for Newcastle?

ReputationRep:
    they are, and I quote the admissions office 'the top 8 are scored, GCSE grades are the least important part of the selection process'

(Original post by Beska)
    Nobody really knows.

The more A*'s the better, but people have gotten interviews with a low proportion of A*'s and others have been rejected with a high proportion of A*'s. As ever, the Nottingham policy is an enigma - they balance every part of your application, but they don't reveal how.
    they use a giant dartboard :holmes:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Phenylethylamine_)
    Does anyone know for Newcastle?
    They don't matter at all for Newcastle. Something like 5 GCSE at grade 'C' is all you need.

(Original post by Organ)
    they use a giant dartboard :holmes:
    That's why they asked us to bring a passport photo to the interview - they put them on a board and throw 300 darts. Those who they hit get offers. :awesome: (Those hit more than once get offers the day after interview, those with only one get their answer March/April.)

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I always wanted to know about Nottingham too, I think they may like more A*s but that is just my opinion and looking at TSR applicants there, who generally have 1 million A*s anyway.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.