Turn on thread page Beta

Mother has no respect for my privacy! watch

ReputationRep:
    Love how this thread has turned into an argument about the purpose of doors ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    :rofl: Agreed!
    I like how what ever you comment on, people always neg rep you lol.

You are something SPECIAL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by penguin-)
    Yeah but you've contradicted yourself, you were preaching about how it was acceptable for people's parents to look through their things and how we shouldn't hide stuff then you said that.

No you don't get privacy. You said your parents look through your things. That's not privacy.
    i wasnt talking about hidden objects, in this case the box is obviously in sight and has a padlock on it there for raising curiousity in the parents mind this can obviously be avoided by hiding it so it cannot be seen in the first place, DO YOU UNDERSTAND?

If it was hidden objects then i dont see how they would have any reason to go through your stuff for which they dont even know about unless you were a trouble child and they were worried about you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manesh2468)
    i wasnt talking about hidden objects, in this case the box is obviously in sight and has a padlock on it there for raising curiousity in the parents mind this can obviously be avoided by hiding it so it cannot be seen in the first place, DO YOU UNDERSTAND?

If it was hidden objects then i dont see how they would have any reason to go through your stuff for which they dont even know about unless you were a trouble child and they were worried about you.
    Well the OP said the box wasn't on direct display and that the mother was 'looking for the remote' so don't write in capital letters like I'm an idiot, because I'm not. You've taken this thread completely off topic with your contradictive and nonsensical views

I don't know how to respond to that second paragraph because you have completely changed your views since you first started posting, probably because you realised you were wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Well the OP said the box wasn't on direct display and that the mother was 'looking for the remote' so don't write in capital letters like I'm an idiot, because I'm not. You've taken this thread completely off topic with your contradictive and nonsensical views

I don't know how to respond to that second paragraph because you have completely changed your views since you first started posting, probably because you realised you were wrong.
    No i havent taken it off topic, its all the people that complained about my original post that have taken it off topic so DONT BLAME ME haha, and no i aint wrong, its not my fault if you people are too stubburn to understand my point... read my original post and read the rest of them and you will see that i aint changed my mind.

its basicly like the whole world can call a normal person mad and then he will be "mad", i aint really bothered im pretty sure what i said was helpful (unless was a reply to idiots who commented on other aspects of what i was writing).

o yeh how can you go thro something that you dont even know exists? read thro the second paragraph of what u quoted carefully..

ReputationRep:
    No i havent taken it off topic, its all the people that complained about my original post that have taken it off topic so DONT BLAME ME haha, and no i aint wrong, its not my fault if you people are too stubburn to understand my point... read my original post and read the rest of them and you will see that i aint changed my mind.

its basicly like the whole world can call a normal person mad and then he will be "mad", i aint really bothered im pretty sure what i said was helpful (unless was a reply to idiots who commented on other aspects of what i was writing).
    your first post was:

no offence to any of u lots , but ur all typical white people =/ what u lots crying bout privacy against the person that raised you, ur still living in there house and what ever is inside it belongs to them basicly and even if your "paying" to be there its still there property and they have the right to know the contents of it. BTW putting a padlock on a box does tempt curiousity obviously anyone would want to know whats inside it once they have seen it, cose its a bit like saying "theres something in hear that your not allowed to see" and thas like the dumbest thing u could say to ur parents since after that they WILL want to see whats inside it. Anyways bout hiding what ever ur hiding it makes more sense to hide somewhere where no one ever goes or somewhere hard to get to gl.... neg rep the hell out of me roflmao cose the truth hurts!
    How is that helpful? I don't think I need to say anymore tbh.

ReputationRep:
    your first post was:

How is that helpful? I don't think I need to say anymore tbh.
    no offence to any of u lots , but ur all typical white people =/ what u lots crying bout privacy against the person that raised you, ur still living in there house and what ever is inside it belongs to them basicly and even if your "paying" to be there its still there property and they have the right to know the contents of it. BTW putting a padlock on a box does tempt curiousity obviously anyone would want to know whats inside it once they have seen it, cose its a bit like saying "theres something in hear that your not allowed to see" and thas like the dumbest thing u could say to ur parents since after that they WILL want to see whats inside it. Anyways bout hiding what ever ur hiding it makes more sense to hide somewhere where no one ever goes or somewhere hard to get to gl.... neg rep the hell out of me roflmao cose the truth hurts!

yeh you should learn to read...

ReputationRep:

yeh you should learn to read...
    Don't be insulting, I can read, which is a feat within itself considering how you type.
    I'm not going to bother anymore. Your first piece of advice was not useful, especially as it was proceeded by ''you're all typical white people''

ReputationRep:
    Don't be insulting, I can read, which is a feat within itself considering how you type.
    I'm not going to bother anymore. Your first piece of advice was not useful, especially as it was proceeded by ''you're all typical white people''
    lol So your basicly saying if a book had a stupid title what ever it had written inside it would be of no use? And i dont get how u can complain about my typing lol, if its really that hard to read then maybe you have problems.

ReputationRep:
    lol So your basicly saying if a book had a stupid title what ever it had written inside it would be of no use? And i dont get how u can complain about my typing lol, if its really that hard to read then maybe you have problems.
    No, I said nothing like that at all...
    I don't have problems, stop insulting me it's boring

ReputationRep:
    No, I said nothing like that at all...
    I don't have problems, stop insulting me it's boring
    I aint trying to insult you, but if you did read what i said then you would see that i added some helpful stuff =/

plus jus cose i started with "typical white people" doesnt mean what i wrote wouldnt be of use lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FormerlyHistoryStudent)
    Why is everybody saying this? She said what was in it near the beginning (or strongly hinted, anyway.) She's got a vibrator in there.
    That's disappointing

ReputationRep:
    I aint trying to insult you, but if you did read what i said then you would see that i added some helpful stuff =/

plus jus cose i started with "typical white people" doesnt mean what i wrote wouldnt be of use lol
    From reading through this thread I have come to one conclusion: You are a racist little individual and do nothing but insult people with your ridiculous generalisations, contradict yourself and try and worm your way out of well deserved criticism.

Oh - and OP - I'm in a similar situation, I've recently been diagnosed with something and I have told my mum purely because if this condition flares up she's the one takes me to hospital as I'm unable to drive in that state. So far she's been completely intolerable, asking me about it constantly, asking me what tests I've had at the doctor and why. I keep telling her I'm not prepared to speak about it because it's a very personal matter, but she keeps coming out with things like "but you're my daughter", "you're a funny ossity, why won't you tell me?" etc. She will learn one day that I'm not going to tell her anything more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bananaslug77)
    From reading through this thread I have come to one conclusion: You are a racist little individual and do nothing but insult people with your ridiculous generalisations, contradict yourself and try and worm your way out of well deserved criticism.
    nah i aint racist, but sure if you say so... and no i didnt insult anyone before they insulted me so yeh i dont see you complaining about them, and how is critising someones typing of any value to this thread? i gave a geniune original post at the start and its not my fault if some people cant accept the truth, and maybe your the ones thas racist if your calling me racists =/ its pretty easy to point the finger and chat crap about someone just cose your on a computer but you really should'nt take advantage of it... i dont remember contradicting myself, just because someone said i did by putting stuff out of context doesnt mean actually did.

roflmao and i aint little btw so don't go off assuming stuff

ReputationRep:
    Lol this thread is becoming just as ridiculous as the first "whats in the box" thread from ages ago

ReputationRep:
    nah i aint racist, but sure if you say so... and no i didnt insult anyone before they insulted me so yeh i dont see you complaining about them, and how is critising someones typing of any value to this thread? i gave a geniune original post at the start and its not my fault if some people cant accept the truth, and maybe your the ones thas racist if your calling me racists =/ its pretty easy to point the finger and chat crap about someone just cose your on a computer but you really should'nt take advantage of it... i dont remember contradicting myself, just because someone said i did by putting stuff out of context doesnt mean actually did.

roflmao and i aint little btw so don't go off assuming stuff
    Your post may have been "geniune and original" but it was still racist and insulting. There is no such thing as a "typical white person", just as there is no such thing as a "typical asian person". There isn't a "typical" anything. There is a desire that exists in a lot of humans for privacy. It's natural. You aren't telling the truth about different races, you're just spouting bull****.

Haha, you already contradicted yourself by saying you haven't insulted anyone before they insulted you, but your first post was in itself an insult.

Hah. I mean little in a metaphorical sense - your points of view are so ridiculous that when trying to big yourself up, you really just make yourself look small and pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    Your post may have been "geniune and original" but it was still racist and insulting. There is no such thing as a "typical white person", just as there is no such thing as a "typical asian person". There isn't a "typical" anything. There is a desire that exists in a lot of humans for privacy. It's natural. You aren't telling the truth about different races, you're just spouting bull****.

Haha, you already contradicted yourself by saying you haven't insulted anyone before they insulted you, but your first post was in itself an insult.

Hah. I mean little in a metaphorical sense - your points of view are so ridiculous that when trying to big yourself up, you really just make yourself look small and pathetic.
    Nah i aint trying to big myself up.. chill out its only a forum. Im pretty sure theres typical white people and typical asians... and yeh privacy is a important thing in life but whas the big deal when it comes down to familys , its only the things that your too ashamed to show your family that you want your privacy for... i doubt the typical white people thing insulted many people sinces its barely insulting, if it is instulting then they should have a ego check cose its really minor.

and in all honesty i wasnt attempting to be racist, if your soo narrow minded and think i was then sure im sorry but yeh as i said its minor and "white" aint even a race =/

ReputationRep:

Couldn't agree more with what your saying! But don't bother- He'll just twist what he's previously said. I looked back at previous posts and he's so full of bull **** it's actually laughable...

ReputationRep:
    Couldn't agree more with what your saying! But don't bother- He'll just twist what he's previously said. I looked back at previous posts and he's so full of bull **** it's actually laughable...
    i dont twist anything , you say i do and people may believe it but yeh i dont, and no i aint full of crap as u put it, you lots just think i am cose your insecure fools who cant even let your family see things in there own house becauses its "yours" and you may feel like your pretty smart but yeh i know alot of real people who found your posts pathetic and the thing is that people like you will pluck at useless straws to make the real points seem irrelevant so yeh i cant be bothered with you lots any more, your pretty pathetic to try insult someone, even though you couldnt read properly, could only manipulate what i had already said and put things out of context to make your point L0L been fun to see who ever tried insulting me because i know in real life there wouldnt be much of a chance roflmao enjoy your group attack... doubt youd get along with each other like that in real life though lol!!

ReputationRep:
    i dont twist anything , you say i do and people may believe it but yeh i dont, and no i aint full of crap as u put it, you lots just think i am cose your insecure fools who cant even let your family see things in there own house becauses its "yours" and you may feel like your pretty smart but yeh i know alot of real people who found your posts pathetic and the thing is that people like you will pluck at useless straws to make the real points seem irrelevant so yeh i cant be bothered with you lots any more, your pretty pathetic to try insult someone, even though you couldnt read properly, could only manipulate what i had already said and put things out of context to make your point L0L been fun to see who ever tried insulting me because i know in real life there wouldnt be much of a chance roflmao enjoy your group attack... doubt youd get along with each other like that in real life though lol!!
    :lolwut: chill man
    oh and stop quoting me plz, i dont wanna debate anymore. Me too tired
    If your happy with your parents rummaging through your things, then cool, you get on with your life and I'll get on with mine

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 20, 2011
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.