The Student Room Group

Mother has no respect for my privacy!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Trigger
Your idiot views for a start.

erm theres nothing wrong with my views, after a certain age everyone thinks they deserve "privacy", why didnt they want that privacy when they were like 5? what could have changed soo much that they now need privacy to stuff, social like.. yeh that needs privacy, but objects, wtf? ANd you really think that tellin your parents not to go thro stuff is gna mean that theyl jus be like "yeh ok you deserve your privacy we dont give a crap about what your hiding" nah thas just asking for them to want to see what ever your hiding, so no my views aint idiotic.
Reply 61
Original post by Manesh2468
no offence to any of u lots , but ur all typical white people =/ what u lots crying bout privacy against the person that raised you, ur still living in there house and what ever is inside it belongs to them basicly and even if your "paying" to be there its still there property and they have the right to know the contents of it. BTW putting a padlock on a box does tempt curiousity obviously anyone would want to know whats inside it once they have seen it, cose its a bit like saying "theres something in hear that your not allowed to see" and thas like the dumbest thing u could say to ur parents since after that they WILL want to see whats inside it. Anyways bout hiding what ever ur hiding it makes more sense to hide somewhere where no one ever goes or somewhere hard to get to gl....:s-smilie: neg rep the hell out of me roflmao cose the truth hurts!:biggrin:

eh???
Original post by Peachykeen09
is she spanish?

my mom's the exact way. spanish women are crazy

add Portuguese to that! (or maybe it's just my mum :p: )
Reply 63
Actually he does... go learn something lol

if they find something is suspicious they have full rights to go throw anything present on there property.

are you honestly suggesting that if you came home to find your landlord going through your drawers you'd think that was perfectly acceptable? :rolleyes:
Original post by petitflam
eh???

=/ idk but it always seems to be them that complain bout privacy and when i saw that worlds strictest parents.. yes you guessed it...
Reply 65
Actually he does... go learn something lol

if they find something is suspicious they have full rights to go throw anything present on there property.

are you talking about an assured shorthold tenancy? which includes quiet enjoyment rights and 24 hours notice to inspect a property? an AST is the legal way to rent a property and how 'us whities' tend to go about it. I worked as a letting agent for 2 years...you're talking **** or letting illegally, tut tut
Original post by petitflam
are you honestly suggesting that if you came home to find your landlord going through your drawers you'd think that was perfectly acceptable? :rolleyes:

they need consent =/ which is the same as your parents nagging u
Original post by bristols
are you talking about an assured shorthold tenancy? which includes quiet enjoyment rights and 24 hours notice to inspect a property? an AST is the legal way to rent a property and how 'us whities' tend to go about it. I worked as a letting agent for 2 years...you're talking **** or letting illegally, tut tut

lol ofc im asian so i let illegally roflmao yes thas very true i also take tax benifits... jkin, but yeh they have to hhave the notice, but thas the same as your parents wanting to go thro ur stuff, first they ask, then they force.
Reply 68
Original post by Willum Infanta
It's not like Pandora's box where if you open it a ton of evil **** comes out? :afraid:

Nowhere better to hide the box? Or is she keeping it atm?

Is your mum Asian? (stereotype I know, just checking people)

Sounds like a massive bitch to me.

she sounds more like a non asian mother, its not asian mothers that do stuff like that, i have a pakistani grandmother (im brazilian pakistani and mexican) and she is so different (shes a muslim aswell) but they just dont do stuff like that. DONT stereotype you idiot (stereotyping just shows you dont ACTUALLY have much knowledge on asian parents), the majority of kids in my area that have strict parents are black parents and some whites but not usually whites or asians its mostly black familys who ARE really strict (well the ones on my street).
Reply 69
Hide this cat in your box and then when you're mum opens it...

Reply 70
no offence to any of u lots , but ur all typical white people =/ what u lots crying bout privacy against the person that raised you, ur still living in there house and what ever is inside it belongs to them basicly and even if your "paying" to be there its still there property and they have the right to know the contents of it. BTW putting a padlock on a box does tempt curiousity obviously anyone would want to know whats inside it once they have seen it, cose its a bit like saying "theres something in hear that your not allowed to see" and thas like the dumbest thing u could say to ur parents since after that they WILL want to see whats inside it. Anyways bout hiding what ever ur hiding it makes more sense to hide somewhere where no one ever goes or somewhere hard to get to gl....:s-smilie: neg rep the hell out of me roflmao cose the truth hurts!:biggrin:

You're a typical asian person.
Reply 71
erm theres nothing wrong with my views, after a certain age everyone thinks they deserve "privacy", why didnt they want that privacy when they were like 5? what could have changed soo much that they now need privacy to stuff, social like.. yeh that needs privacy, but objects, wtf? ANd you really think that tellin your parents not to go thro stuff is gna mean that theyl jus be like "yeh ok you deserve your privacy we dont give a crap about what your hiding" nah thas just asking for them to want to see what ever your hiding, so no my views aint idiotic.

"typical white people" nothing like dumbass generalising is there? Oh we are all white so we must all be exactly the same.

Get a clue.
Original post by Arcanine
You're a typical asian person.

nah not really, just tellin the truth about what i noticed, the only way u can actually get privacy is if you have your own place... why doesnt anyone get that, living in your parents house and having "your own" room doesnt make it yours...
Original post by Trigger
"typical white people" nothing like dumbass generalising is there? Oh we are all white so we must all be exactly the same.

Get a clue.

erm im talking about the ones that complain about privacy =/
Reply 74
lol ofc im asian so i let illegally roflmao yes thas very true i also take tax benifits... jkin, but yeh they have to hhave the notice, but thas the same as your parents wanting to go thro ur stuff, first they ask, then they force.

For goodness sake learn to type whist youre at it.
Reply 75

:lolwut:
What does that even say? If you're trying to put your point across, write in coherent language, and then somebody might listen to you, even though your ideas are actually a bit crass. I fail to believe that you wouldn't mind if you came home to find your landlord going through your things when they had no reason to. In fact, I doubt you'd be happy if your own mother was doing it, but instead you decide that everyone who is bothered is a "typical white person"

Everyone is entitled to privacy, even if they have nothing to hide.
Original post by penguin-
:lolwut:
What does that even say? If you're trying to put your point across, write in coherent language, and then somebody might listen to you, even though your ideas are actually a bit crass. I fail to believe that you wouldn't mind if you came home to find your landlord going through your things when they had no reason to. In fact, I doubt you'd be happy if your own mother was doing it, but instead you decide that everyone who is bothered is a "typical white person"

Everyone is entitled to privacy, even if they have nothing to hide.

i aint actually got anything to hide since im old enough to be honest about what i have so yeh wouldnt bother me, would just eb a waste of there time... and no i wont write in coherant languages just cose u cant read=/
Original post by Trigger
For goodness sake learn to type whist youre at it.

nah i think ive had my fair amount of essay writing to not be bothered about how i come across people on a forum...
Reply 78
Original post by Charlski
Whilst it IS a massive invasion of your privacy, she probably things you've got a box full of drugs or something, especially being as you're gertting angry with her and refusing to let her into it. If it's nothing illegal but instead just something embarassing, then letting her look really would be the best thing to do and THEN tell her what you think of her invading your privacy like this.

This is very good. If you can handle the embarrassment (and there's nothing intrinsically bad - love letters, dirty pictures, whatever, rather than 7 gram rocks you were planning to bang) you'd do a lot better to have her open the box and then ask her if she's done and then say that she's pathetic and infantile and you're really disappointed in her lack of trust in her own daughter.
Reply 79
i aint actually got anything to hide since im old enough to be honest about what i have so yeh wouldnt bother me, would just eb a waste of there time... and no i wont write in coherant languages just cose u cant read=/

I didn't say you did. I have nothing to hide, but I would find it disrespectful to come home and see somebody going through my things, it suggests that they don't trust me or they are severely nosy.

I can read, I was just informing you that nobody will take you seriously if you write like a fool.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending