Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My school's pretty relaxed about languages... this rubs off on the students and no one takes french seriously. However, I LOVE the language and pushed the boundaries of my school's language department to allow me to do higher.

I'm on the OCR board and I've been entered for Higher reading, Higher speaking and Higher writing... however, I've been denied any possibility for doing Higher listening.

Does anyone know the highest mark I can achieve? A*-A-B? So far the few students who have previously demanded this set up have only really achieved a B, however, with extra tutoring I've been pushed up to standards of french that the Higher papers in GCSE don't require, so I'm wondering was my predecessors grades the max, or was it due to their lack of knowledge?

Quotes would be EXCELLENT

Merci et bien nuit,
    Matthew.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by McNicholl)
    My school's pretty relaxed about languages... this rubs off on the students and no one takes french seriously. However, I LOVE the language and pushed the boundaries of my school's language department to allow me to do higher.

I'm on the OCR board and I've been entered for Higher reading, Higher speaking and Higher writing... however, I've been denied any possibility for doing Higher listening.

Does anyone know the highest mark I can achieve? A*-A-B? So far the few students who have previously demanded this set up have only really achieved a B, however, with extra tutoring I've been pushed up to standards of french that the Higher papers in GCSE don't require, so I'm wondering was my predecessors grades the max, or was it due to their lack of knowledge?

Quotes would be EXCELLENT

Merci et bien nuit,
    Matthew.
    You been entered for higher speaking but not higher listening? Ludicrous. I'd have words with the French department at your school, to be honest. In regard to your ambitions to achieve A*/A/B, just check the weightings of the individual modules:

e.g. if everything is 25%, and you were to achieve a high C in foundation listening, yet AAA across the others, chances are you're at least going to get a high B.

ReputationRep:
    Exam board?
    If It's AQA, then you're in luck as the listening is only 20% and the rest are 80%, so you can still get an A, I'm guessin.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 13, 2011
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.