Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My boyfriend waited 6 years for me but sex but didn't happen - I couldn't face telling him what happened in my childhood. He also developed depression and lost all his savings a few months ago and his family kept having a go. 2 weeks ago he dumped me by phone and goes abroad to meet a girl he chatted to in secret and has told me he has slept with her and wants her.

I am heartbroken, he says he still has feelings for me but is moving on. This is unlike him. I don't know if his other issues caused him to go into self destruct mode but he was patient then ruins it by cheating. I am mad and don't want to lose him as a friend but people said forget him. I am scared and dont want this to happen again with a new guy. How can I move on?

ReputationRep:
    I can't wait for six minutes. How about six years?

ReputationRep:
    Commendation points if he actually waited six years and wasn't tapping ho's on the side.

ReputationRep:
    He waited 6 years there is so much waiting a man can do, what can you do in future relationships to not happen again? answer might be quite obvious. But yes move on, hope you feel better now.

ReputationRep:
    6 years?!

I would've dumped you after 6 days.

ReputationRep:
    I could swear I saw the same OP a few weeks or a month and so ago...

In that thread the OP was scared of sex. Is it just me or does anyone else remember that too? O.o

ReputationRep:
    That is insane, six years? seriously.... wtf.

I just find it hard it's ended so bitter where we had some good times and he doesn't want to be friends. I know he waited a long time but he has gone the wrong way about it all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    My boyfriend waited 6 years for me but sex but didn't happen - I couldn't face telling him what happened in my childhood. He also developed depression and lost all his savings a few months ago and his family kept having a go. 2 weeks ago he dumped me by phone and goes abroad to meet a girl he chatted to in secret and has told me he has slept with her and wants her.

I am heartbroken, he says he still has feelings for me but is moving on. This is unlike him. I don't know if his other issues caused him to go into self destruct mode but he was patient then ruins it by cheating. I am mad and don't want to lose him as a friend but people said forget him. I am scared and dont want this to happen again with a new guy. How can I move on?
    I don't blame him.

ReputationRep:
    havent we had this thread about 4 times?

i wouldnt say he cheated on you either, he left you before sleeping with her, no?

the man seems to have the patience of a saint, i would say leave him be and in time maybe you can be friends but everthing is too raw at the moment. it's a lost cause.

ReputationRep:
    Six years? Holy crap. That guy has nerves of steel.

I have worked it out now. 6 years was a long time but he had a urine and faeces fetish so if she is offering sex and fetishes then he won't leave. Wish he ended it sooner. Why else go abroad?

ReputationRep:
    The guy deserves a medal. 6 years is worthy of a guiness world record.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. i'm not entirely sure he's wrong, six years is a long time with no explanation.

ReputationRep:
    If you are over the age of, say 18, going 6 years without sex is not something you do unless you are asexual. Very few people are. And if you don't want to have sex with a new guy either, you'll have to find an asexual, which you'd have to search for.
    That being said, if he has been sleeping with this girl while you were still a couple, of course he is in the wrong. There is no excuse for cheating, if he knew from the start you didn't want to have sex, he shouldn't have been with you. If you're not happy with someone, you leave them. So obviously, he shouldn't have, but people often wonder what the reasons for being cheated on are and in your case it is pretty obvious. Living in a relationship without sex when one of the parties has a regular sex drive is pretty strange and usually set up to fail. At 20, I wouldn't call anything a relationship now unless we are sexually active. Could it be that he mostly considered you...friends?

ReputationRep:
    6 years is a joke. You will face the same **** again and again if you don't deal with your issues.

ReputationRep:

Why the hell are you posting the same topic AGAIN?

ReputationRep:
    I have worked it out now. 6 years was a long time but he had a urine and faeces fetish so if she is offering sex and fetishes then he won't leave. Wish he ended it sooner. Why else go abroad?

Wait...... What? :eyeball:

ReputationRep:
    I have a rough idea what may of happened in your childhood, if im correct why would u let your dad have sex with you and not your bf of 6 years?

ReputationRep:
    Dear God. :lolwut:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 14, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.