The Student Room Group

Ex girlfriend wants to meet up...what does she want!?!?

Ok, I will try to make this short and snappy!

Basically me and my ex broke up exactl a year ago, she dumped me.

Ever since a couple of months after, she has wanted to meet up. I haven't seen her since the day of the breakup (is this weird?)...my reason is because we were together for 5 years, and it really hurt when she dumped me...

I don't think I will be able to be friends with her (I STILL love her waaaay too much) as it will hurt me too much...the reason why i'm afraid to meet her is because i'm worried that she will reinforce the view that she "just wants to be friends"...

Obviously there are slight thoughts in my heads such as: "maybe she misses me!/maybe she'l fall in love with me again/still loves me/realised it was a mistake"etc.

Like I said it has been an entire year since I have even seen her/spoken to her..what should I do? Should I meet her at the risk of getting hurt agai
n?

Like I said, even a year on, I still love her more than anything..I've even had some (stereotypically) REALLY prety girls that have shown interest in me, but nothing can compare to the bond we had, she was such an amazing person and we had great chemistry, so im still finding it hard to move on...:frown:
Reply 1
I'm not you ex, I don't know.

Like seriously. Girls are confusing and a different species from us. No one except maybe her (though I wouldn't count on it) knows what she wants.

Just man up, be strong, know that you deserve not to be ****ed about and meet her with an open mind.
Oh, hold on there one second, I'm just going to activate my super psychic powers.
Reply 3
Meeting her might well help. An ex often looks a lot less attractive when you look back at her with a more inquiring eye.
Reply 4
somethings are just better left in the past. she's one of them
Reply 5
Go see her but keep your cards close to your chest.

Don't read to much into it.
She probably just wants to warn you that she had a nasty case of crabs the last time you shagged her.
Just go and see, you're a man after all.

Listen on what she's gotta say, I mean, its been a year, its gotta be something decent or just what you wanted to hear.

But if it isnt, and wants to be friends. Then refuse and ask her out once more.

Another thing is, as she got another man? If not, go for it! :wink:
Reply 8
Original post by Faisal-Fm
Just go and see, you're a man after all.

Listen on what she's gotta say, I mean, its been a year, its gotta be something decent or just what you wanted to hear.

But if it isnt, and wants to be friends. Then refuse and ask her out once more.

Another thing is, as she got another man? If not, go for it! :wink:

I know what you mean, but I have a funny feeling she just wants to confirm that she made the right decision...which would destroy me further... lol

and no, she is still single...according to facebook that is lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending