The Student Room Group

When you break up with an ex...how long did you leave it until you met up with them?

Or did you never see them ever again after the breakup?

Me and my ex broke up a year ago, she dumped me and I refused to see her ever since...is this weird?

Going from a 5 year relationship, to no contact, at all, except maybe a text every couple of months...this has been me. Just want to know your thoughts...

I'm aware that I have just made another thread regarding my situation, but this one is specifically asking the question

how long did you wait before you met up with your ex since the day of the breakup? Please state if you refused to meet up with them at all.
Reply 1
My boyf hasn't seen his ex (or wanted to see her) since she cheated on him at Uni. They split up in 2008 and haven't spoken since.

Edit: They were together four years, by the way.
Are you the guy fron the other thread about Ex wanting to meet up? lol

Well, I never have an ex so I don't really know. hehe
I didn't meet him after we broke up. Everything i said to him was on the phone or by text, no use for me to go and meet him, had nothing to say.
We went out for a year and a half in case your wondering :smile:, it was hard don't get me wrong but i think it would have been even harder if i saw him.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4
I havent spoken to one of mine at all in 2 years, and have spoken to the other one a couple of times but it was an ok breakup.

I dont think its weird to never talk to them again if you dont want to. They're your ex so unless you have reason to theres no point in talking to them again.
I broke up with my boyfriend of just under a year 5 months ago (his decision) I hadn't seem him for a month before that because we were in a LDR, I haven't seen him since. We text occasionally but that's about it. When it first happened I wanted to meet up but am actually glad I didn't because I feel like not seeing him has helped me start to move on. I am moving to where he lives in a couple of months so I am not sure what is going to happen then but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it!
Honestly I've been on good terms with all of my exes and still spoken to them normally however if you left it on bad terms I'd probably just leave seeing them again.

If there aren't any bad feelings between you then fair enough see each other but what's the point really, you broke up for a reason.

I don't think it's weird never speaking to an ex again unless you hang about in the same group of people and have to overcome any bad feelings and be civil.
Reply 7
Avoid her like the plague.
Reply 8
Original post by street.lovin'
Are you the guy fron the other thread about Ex wanting to meet up? lol

Well, I never have an ex so I don't really know. hehe

That's me!

The loser who got told by the girl he loved that "she didn't want to be his gf anymore, and wanted to see other people"....yeah it hurt, and those words ring round my head all the time to this day... :frown:

TBH, i don't think im ever going to move on, we'd been together for 5years, I don't see any relationship lasting longer than that (unless its marriage) due to my age...
i was with mine for about a year and we broke up 6 months ago. of course he wants to meet up with me but i'm smarter than that. i know he just wants to compare me with his current girl now :rolleyes:
Original post by freakingout!
That's me!

The loser who got told by the girl he loved that "she didn't want to be his gf anymore, and wanted to see other people"....yeah it hurt, and those words ring round my head all the time to this day... :frown:

TBH, i don't think im ever going to move on, we'd been together for 5years, I don't see any relationship lasting longer than that (unless its marriage) due to my age...

Damn...May I ask why she dumped you?

If it was stupid reason then I think you should not meet up with her, mate. As a part of moving on.

She couldn't just throw away 5 years of memories with you and then take it back just like that.

She should have known you loved her.
I haven't seen my ex ever since we broke up. We've been together for almost 3 yrs. I don't really mind if he wants to meet up or not anyway. If he do want to meet up and I have a boyfriend I would have to let my bf know that way he won't feel left out or something.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending