Turn on thread page Beta

Popular kids - Were you one in high school? Why? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I got it out in assembly, for the lads, 'nuff said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by big-boss-91)
    i'm not sure how to explain, but when i returned to blackburn to visit my parents, they hardly recognized me and they said that i'm a different person for the better...
    Wow, I hope I will do that for Sixth Form.

ReputationRep:
    technically I was, apparently being quiet and awkward classed me as 'quirky' and 'awesome'

ReputationRep:
    Nope, I was the one who got bullied all the time. Didn't really make friends due to a lot of people from my old school (where I got bullied even more) being in my form. Was quite lonely tbh, but college was a lot better, as I could make my own friends (one of my so-called friends from high school accused me of following her as we went to the same primary/secondary/college, stupid cow) whereas everyone else from my high school tended to stick with the same people they'd been friends with for the last 5 or so years.

Normally the popular people tend to be good/great at sport, at least that's how it was at my school.

ReputationRep:
    No, I was never popular.

ReputationRep:
    I was popular...

...oh no wait

ReputationRep:
    Nah. I had a certain underground following though. :hubba:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hazular)
    I went to a really small school, and there were no set social groups, sry2say. Everyone just got along with each other because there were only like 70 of us
    this but we had about 200 ppl eventhough there were geeks and cool kids and sporty ppl etc everyone just got on with each other so no one was more popular then the other.

ReputationRep:
    No not popular, I'm not really the type to put myself in a load of social situations. Random people seemed to know me though which was a bit odd. I suppose I was just always friendly but rather eccentric and didn't really mind what anyone thought, so I suppose I was the weird/crazy one, but most said it in an approving sort of way. Couple of privileged Oxford/Cambridge wannabes seem to take offence to my uniqueness but I'd just have fun telling them about things in great detail when they'd sarcastically ask me questions. Talked to one guy about my Tarantulas for over five minutes and his face was a picture, he'd asked sarcastically "any more giant spiders then Joe?" and I just pretended I was happy he was so interested and told him all about them.

ReputationRep:
    I didnt think I was popular because I dress differently than the chavs and listen to different music but I am classified as being "popular" but not the *****y stuck up type, I'm the type that will talk to anyone and defend people if the others are ripping into them

nope im a neutral guy...glad too all the popular kids got std's now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukejoshjedi)
    Were you one? Why? Why not?

Were you almost but not quite or - Bit outside the 'popular' group but you still had your normal, stable group of friends or did you fit in one of the generic stereotypes - loner, goth, Rap / ghetto kid, preppy, naive, innocent, geek, Chav, bully, The kid that had everything in his pockets, the rich kid, The kid that lied all the time etc
    I was, then wasn't, then was again, then wasn't again. I was v. popular in Primary school, then went to a different secondary school to all my mates and had no friends, found a small group of friends in year 7. Year 8, I was in a different class to all my friends but managed to attach myself to a popular girl but her friends didn't like me so pushed me out, I moved classes but all my previous friends had branched off into different groups so I found a new group, I was also pushed out of that group, by a new girl. Someone took me under here wing then left and I was stuck with her friend who had very few social skills and was very unhealthy for me. On the whole til 6th form I was very unlucky on the friend front and was very unhappy for a long time.

ReputationRep:
    This was always going to be a sad thread on TSR. Oh well.
    I guess so, I was the kind of guy that could hang around with any group and get away with it. Was sporty enough and had known people long enough to hang around with that group, had a slightly nerdy side so I could hang around with the less cool kids and was fine being in the popular/slightly chavvy group, possibly because I went out with one of them for a few months. But yeah, have always had the same core group of mates since I was about 10, so I guess I was lucky I picked the right people to become friends with back then.

ReputationRep:
    Without being arrogant, I was the most popular person in the school (awarded at the end of year awards by my fellow students )
    I guess it was down to being funny, respected, VERY sporty and not judgmental in the slightest. Also due to the fact I didn't care what anyone else did or take things too seriously. However, i didn't go to a cliquey school with plastics or huge bullies etc...

ReputationRep:
    i wasn't popular so much as everyone knew me, if that makes sense. like, i didn't hang out with the popular crowd because i found them all to be quite pathetic, but everyone knew who i was mainly because of my height and because i was smart and good at sports, so i hung around with a lot of different people from different groups.

ReputationRep:

Were you almost but not quite or - Bit outside the 'popular' group but you still had your normal, stable group of friends or did you fit in one of the generic stereotypes - loner, goth, Rap / ghetto kid, preppy, naive, innocent, geek, Chav, bully, The kid that had everything in his pockets, the rich kid, The kid that lied all the time etc

Iv been all of those in red (including popular) in my time at school lol. Weird...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M1F2R3)
    I got it out in assembly, for the lads, 'nuff said.
    You got IT, out for the LADS? i think you need to rephrase that matey! or did you go to an all boys school?

ReputationRep:
    I was well known but popular no, everyone knew me of course even the lower years.. However popular kids kinder more like all the time were d!cks.

ReputationRep:
    I got along with both the popular kids and the lesser ones. Dunno what that makes me.

edit: "lesser" meaning less popular. Not lesser meaning they're less of a human being or that they're an amputee.

ReputationRep:

Did you go to High School inside an American teen film? :lolwut:

At my school at least it was nowhere near that cliquey.

I didn't give a **** about anything or pay any attention years 7 - 11. I had a group of about half a dozen friends I hung out with regularly. Most people had no idea who I was.

In Sixth Form there were fewer people; two basic groups who mostly kept to themselves but it's not like we hated each other or anything.
    I was more popular then and got to be friends with basically all of one of these groups. I wasn't anybody's "best friend" though. I could get on with anyone when necessary, but I was still pretty quiet and spent a lot of time by myself - by choice.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 14, 2011
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.