Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do you think about people that use bare slang? watch

ReputationRep:
    For ages I thought it was Northern slang because the only person I knew who used it was from Manchester. Now everyone seems to be using it.

ReputationRep:
    It is soul destroying. A part of me dies inside when I see it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukejoshjedi)
    generally, yeah
    Are these something I should beware of, on my travels? Cuz im Asian as well...not sure if that makes things better or worse

ReputationRep:
    Nothing wrong with slang, it's just language culture and it's really nice to speak slang.
    I speak it all the time bruv..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qasman)
    Mans could buss deez nicely still! dun no blad!
    I'm sorry, I have absolutely no idea what you just said.

ReputationRep:
    I can accept certain slang, but people who go about saying bare and blud ****ing irritate me. I can't stand people who can't write properly either, shortening things just isnt needed!

ReputationRep:
    i want to slap them round the face! they p*** me off!! Seriously what did they learn in their english lessons??!!!

ReputationRep:
    Are you even speaking English?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JCC-MGS)
    I watched like a minute of it out of curiosity and then... i... just...couldn't....look away. I couldn't understand a word of what they said but it was mesmerising.

ReputationRep:
    ****ing hate it.

ReputationRep:
    Fine with it, I use it a lot. I find people who complain about its use more annoying.

ReputationRep:
    Is it. You get me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antonia87)
    ****ing hate it.
    Ditto

ReputationRep:
    It makes me lol. I use it ironically e.g. to my Mum, when I get home I say "sup fam" and when she replies "Hi babe", that just makes me smile.

ReputationRep:
    If someone uses it in a serious way = F*cking ********.

If you use it just messing around/taking the piss there's no problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noheavenwithoutu)
    i want to slap them round the face! they p*** me off!! Seriously what did they learn in their english lessons??!!!

nah fam llow hatin on da mandem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SayonaraSamm)
    I'm sorry, I have absolutely no idea what you just said.
    "I could see myself looking quite good in these. You are not aware, friend."

ReputationRep:
    oi blad! what you sayin lyk init

ReputationRep:
    I'm indifferent. It's the pretentious people who discredit or mock what the person's saying who annoy me.

ReputationRep:
    Are some northerners really that unfamiliar with it... I'm kinda surprised, well I thought in like inner city Liverpool, manchester, maybe like Newcastle they'd have slang similar to what we use in the south but hey

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 14, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.